DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.1.33 General Release, Now Available

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited December 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.1.33!

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 4.6.1.33 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 4.6.1.17 General Release. More detail on specific fixes/changes/improvements can be found in the Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site. All new downloads of the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product (SKU: 13176) will be of this version.

Highlights are:
1) Streamlined 1st time user experience when installed via Install Manager
2) Fixed #DS-169/CS 148257: Fixed saving of morph deltas for legacy content when multiple figures of the same content are in the scene
3) Fixed #DS-174/CS 152086: Fixed a crash related to the Scene Selection popup on Mac
4) Fixed #DS-179/CS 152340/CS 152232: Fixed a crash in ERC Freeze when rigging or hidden properties were involved
5) Fixed #DS-199/CS 153596: Fixed a crash when removing an object from the scene after a render; crash in the undo stack related to image/string/file properties being added to the stack multiple times
6) Fixed #DS-212: Fixed a crash when clicking in the viewport using the Pose/Animate activity in the Full Service [Beta] layout
7) Fixed #DS-216: Fixed Region Navigator Tool interaction with the Shaping pane; Fixed display of Region icons in parameter navigation listviews
8) Fixed #DS-219: Fixed an issue with selecting the correct property in the Property Hierarchy pane when the "Show In Property Hierarchy" action, in the Parameters pane context menu while in Edit Mode, was used and the filter filed for the Parameters pane was in use
9) Fixed #DS-220: Fixed an issue with automatically selecting the control property in ERC Freeze when launched from the Parameters pane context menu while in Edit Mode, when the filter filed for the Parameters pane was in use
10) Optimized ERC Freeze
11) Fixed a random crash of Auto-Fit
12) Added support for multiple target figures to Auto-Fit
13) Added a Figure ID (FID_) property to skeletons; used by Auto-Fit in support of fitting items to multiple targets; used in the automation of cross-figure fitting adjustments when fit to
14) Fixed several installation/permissions/ownership issues on Mac
15) Fixed several issues with Geometry Shells
16) Fixed clean up of ERC links when the source property is removed
17) Fixed an issue with AutoFollow
18) Removed outdated QuickStart Guide; action fallback launches online documentation redirect; see below

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials, or the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials, content packages been updated too?

Yes, the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product have been updated. A new package, named Default Lights and Shaders, made up of files extracted from the Genesis Starter Essentials package, has also been added.

*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro product to your account, launch Install Manager, log into your account and type "DAZ Studio 4.6" into the filter field to filter out anything else. Then simply download and install as you would normally.

Optionally, you can locate, download and install DAZ Studio Pro from the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the green "download & install" button to launch Install Manager with an appropriate filter or click the blue "download" button to download the standalone installer.

If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio Pro, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

Yes! You can now have both the General Release and a Public Beta (as well as a Private Beta, for those involved in that endeavor), of the same major version, installed at the same time. Please be aware that the settings for each of the builds are now stored independent of each other. This includes mapped content directories, layout, style and style colors, among many others.

What about the plugins I have?

The DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK has not changed in any way that causes it to be binary incompatible with the current release, which means that any plugins created for a previous version of DAZ Studio 4.5 (i.e. 4.5.0.100+) should continue to load and function in this version. That said, as with any new release, there is always the possibility that a plugin has had bugs fixed or features added, so the latest versions should be downloaded and installed if they are provided.

Some plugins that are currently built/produced by DAZ 3D will provide a separate package that is specifically intended for use with this General Release; these packages will not contain "Public Build" in the package name, as that moniker is used for pre-release builds. 3rd party plugins that DAZ 3D creates install packages for will be updated to allow simultaneous installation into the General Release and the pre-release builds. These packages will display as "Product Updates" within Install Manager once they have been updated.

Is there any documentation?

Yes. Be sure to check out the User Guide and QuickStart Guide that we've recently posted in the DAZ Studio 4.x Documentation section.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• cyberspeed1cyberspeed1 Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I had only problems with ERC Freeze lately, as many many others out there, I hope it will be less frustrating this time, trying a new version, downloading now.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Installed, Booted, looks good. Remember to do a Fresh CMS, it might not be needed but I update the CMS with every DAZ Studio Update just on General Principle.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited November 2013

Is this 4.6.1.33 general release version number less than the currently running beta which was 4.6.2.23

isn't that quite confusing for people reporting bugs that have been fixed in retrograde in a lesser version ?
    I know it gives me a headache trying to remember what's been fixed and what hasn't lol

Post edited by adzan on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...OK silly question

This installs to C:/Programme Files/Daz3D Correct? (been a while since I last installed an update).

Also, does it run the uninstaller for the older version as well?

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

adzan said:
    Is this 4.6.1.33 general release version number less than the currently running beta which was 4.6.2.23

isn't that quite confusing for people reporting bugs that have been fixed in retrograde in a lesser version ?
    I know it gives me a headache trying to remember what's been fixed and what hasn't lol

Just because a build from a branch (4.6.2.x) is currently in "Public Beta" doesn't [necessarily] mean that another build from the stable branch (4.6.1.x) can/will not be released if the situation warrants it. Recent changes in the 4.6.2.x branch present a greater degree of risk - it comes with the territory. At this point we are not comfortable with the amount of private testing the changes that introduce that risk has received, so we decided to hold off releasing a build from that branch until it has received more thorough testing. Some of the changes that were made in the 4.6.2.x branch were much less risky and we are much more comfortable with the amount of testing they have received. Recognizing the need to issue an update and unblock certain workflows, those changes were merged with the stable branch (4.6.1.x) and then tested so that an update to the General Release could be issued, sooner - as some users are not comfortable using a Beta version that contains a particular fix in a production environment.

A refresh of the "Public Beta" (the 4.6.2.x branch) is likely to be posted next week - provided the private testing team doesn't find any issues that we would want to fix before we allow it to reach the general public. It will contain everything that this General Release (4.6.1.33) does, along with a number of other fixes and improvements.

-Rob

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next General Release version of the DAZ Studio Pro - version 4.6.1.33!

....*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

....*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

I am a little bit confused I must admit. If I read that correct than this update Should have shown in my DIM ? Because I don't see it there, and I did install the 4.6.1.17 via DIM

I did had an update on DIM itself, as well as a update on GOZ and several products yesterday, but no new studio version. So I'm not sure if I managed to missunderstand or if something is being spooky with my DIM :)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Installed, Booted, looks good. Remember to do a Fresh CMS, it might not be needed but I update the CMS with every DAZ Studio Update just on General Principle.

isn't the cms updated automatically with every new studioversion ?

i didn't find any ducumentation on that

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:

....*Note: Install Manager users are notified of product updates when they occur.

....*Note: This General Release version is available through Install Manager as well as a standalone installer.

I am a little bit confused I must admit. If I read that correct than this update Should have shown in my DIM ? Because I don't see it there, and I did install the 4.6.1.17 via DIM

I did had an update on DIM itself, as well as a update on GOZ and several products yesterday, but no new studio version. So I'm not sure if I managed to missunderstand or if something is being spooky with my DIM :)
    The update for DS is showing in my updates in the DIM currently.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Carola O said:

The update for DS is showing in my updates in the DIM currently.

Strange, it still doesn't show for me :/ I assume I have the right filters checked, since I got the other download in there and haven't changed anything in the filters.

Ah well, I guess it show up, eventually :)

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Those who aren't getting it, consider yourselves lucky.

My existing 4.6 was installed under program files\daz\studio 4\

The new DIM installed the new Studio 4 incompletely under program files\daz\studio 4\\daz\studio 4 (yes, ”studio 4” under "studio 4”) and corrupted the old version, leaving something that didn't run and took a lot of work to uninstall by hand.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I got it through DIM...installed and running fine (so far). DIM seemed to re-install CMS, too.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

ruphuss said:
    Jaderail said:

isn't the cms updated automatically with every new studioversion ?

i didn't find any ducumentation on thatIt is not.

The Valentina Server, (the part that allows CMS to work with Install Manager, DAZ Studio and Carrara is checked each time you install an update to either DAZ Studio (Stand Alone) or Install Manager, but is only actually installed if the version included with the Installer is newer than the one you have on your system.

There is no reason to uninstall and re-install your database server, aka CMS, if there isn't an update and doing so risks corrupting your database. (Though the risk is very small.) If there is an update the installer process, whether through a manual DS Installer, or through Install Manager, it is handled automatically for you. It is not something you need to be concerned about, and we will let you know when we do that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Those who aren't getting it, consider yourselves lucky.

My existing 4.6 was installed under program files\daz\studio 4\

The new DIM installed the new Studio 4 incompletely under program files\daz\studio 4\\daz\studio 4 (yes, ”studio 4” under "studio 4”) and corrupted the old version, leaving something that didn't run and took a lot of work to uninstall by hand.

Not here. What folders do you have in the DIM preferences (click the gear icon at top-right) for the 64 and 32 bit software paths at the top of the Installation tab and for DAZ Studio in the Applications tab?

edited December 1969

...wouldn't the install path be "C:/Programme Files/DAZ3D"?

Sounds like the path was set to "C:/Programme Files/DAZ3D/Studio 4"

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

The DAZ3D folder is added automatically.
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Cool, thanks for the new version. Been very happy with the ERC updates from the beta you released a little while back so this will hopefully be good code in this General release. Now lock that code down, don't mess with it you crazy code monkeys! %-P

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thanks for the reminder. Content manager isn't working for me. I was planning to reinstall Daz Studio 4.6.0.18 anyways. I'm going to download 4.6.1.33 after dinner. I'll install CMS into the default location. If I have any problems with smart content then I will create a new thread.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Can we (well, I!) get a clarification of what: "12) Added support for multiple target figures to Auto-Fit" means?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Can we (well, I!) get a clarification of what: "12) Added support for multiple target figures to Auto-Fit" means?

M6 is just around the corner. I'm sure some of the supported V6 shapes like Gia are included in the list.

edited November 2013

I still don't have a update in DIM.. and I hoenstly had expected that to have arrived in DIM by now. I attach a screenshot on the fitlers I have, which were the same I had when I got the update for 4.6.1.17 into DIM with one exception, I have unchecked Poser 9 since I don't have Poser at all, and I highly doubt that I need to have that checked to get a update on Daz Studio :) I did checked Daz Studio 4, to see if that was needed as well, but while there were some legacy prodtucts and being seen Daz itself didn't show so I unchecked that again.

I would much prefer to have the udpate come through DIM so I don't miss any of the updates, like I did before when I installed them manually... though, I also have to admit I had expected the updates to show up.

I have had the update on DIM itself as well as the update on GOZ, and several products, but not Daz. And it doesn't show up when I searched for it either, so I admit I am quite confused right now

I know I had this problem with a product a while ago, it showed up in most peoples DIM but not in mine.. and it ended up taking almost a week (if I remember correct) before I could download it through DIM. I do hope this update won't take that long to show up :)

filters.jpg
    929 x 847 - 139K
    Post edited by Carola O on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Do you have DazStudio in the Applications tab of the configurations settings?
    Searching for 4.6 gives me this (popup by hoovering over the 64bit version).

DIM_Dazstudio.jpg
    563 x 452 - 71K
    edited December 1969

hmm.. no, this is what I have in applications. But how come I got the 4.6.1.17 update in DIM as I haven't changed anything in applications since I got Phtoshop before 4.6.1.17 came out... *confused*

applications.jpg
    715 x 670 - 93K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I have the same (different path, but else the same) setting for DS4.5+ in Applications. Sorry, I thought it is worth a try.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    hmm.. no, this is what I have in applications. But how come I got the 4.6.1.17 update in DIM as I haven't changed anything in applications since I got Phtoshop before 4.6.1.17 came out... *confused*

Have you tried downloading and installing by DIM (using the appropriate green button) from the Product Library page?
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_13176
    edited December 1969

Have to admit I hadn't tried that, however..I don't get a update at all.. it do claim it's already installed, and despite that according to my studio I still have 4.6.1.17 and not this new one :/

Thank you both for trying to help though :)

vialib.jpg
    1617 x 840 - 205K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

The DAZ3D folder is added automatically.
    ...so what do I set the install path to then just so I don't get the conflict like User #4887 dealt with?

..and does this run the uninstaller of do I need to manually uninstall first?

Not about to deal with deleting corrupted files and messing with the registry because of a bad install.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited November 2013

edit..nevermind my questions.

Here's what I did (and didn't do) and it worked.

Under the INSTALLATION tab of DIM's options/configuration window I have for 64-bit windows simply

C:/Program Files

Under the APPLICATION tab the full path is shown.

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4

I think these serve two different purposes.

It's what's under the INSTALLATION PATH that's important for installation.

What I did NOT do is change anything. Just installed the Studio update and everything looks copacetic.

Post edited by Spit on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

It looks like the INSTALLATION tab is for the path to install/update Studio.

The APPLICATION tab is for the paths of applications for which you'll be installing CONTENT.

It was confusing at first but you have to think about it I guess. Perhaps this will be clarified in another DIM update. Hint Hint.

edited December 1969

Hrmph... for some reason, I had managed to hide the daz studio files in Dim, no wonder I couldn't see them *shakes head* either way, it is now downloaded and installed , and working just fine :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    It looks like the INSTALLATION tab is for the path to install/update Studio.

The APPLICATION tab is for the paths of applications for which you'll be installing CONTENT.

It was confusing at first but you have to think about it I guess. Perhaps this will be clarified in another DIM update. Hint Hint.

Your 360 degrees off here.. in a Win Os its Installation is the CONTENT path and App's are your Programs and Plugins paths as shown here...
    Capture-002.png
    686 x 544 - 61K
    Capture-001.png
    679 x 542 - 63K