Looking For: M4 eyebrow transmaps

edited July 2012 in The Commons

Yeah, yeah, I can hear you already... 'Who uses the M4 eyebrows? Just paint it on the skin!' I use the M4 eyebrows, because I'm a lazy git, and I'd rather not have a billion versions of every skin I have... just the original texture and the one I painted the eyebrows off of.

So, yeah. Has anyone done a package of eyebrows for M4?

*looks around* *expects to hear a lot of crickets*

[=EDIT=] So, because somebody else is going to ask about this, eventually... give me links, and I'll stick them up here in the first post.
DAZ Store
- Brock for the Freak 4
- Trystan for M4
- Giacomo for Michael 4 and Hiro 4

Renderosity
- SAV Dante

ShareCG
- Elvis

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

As this is something I went on a rip about at the time of the M4 release, let me fill you in. M4's eyebrows are a separate mesh, it is screwed up missing most of M4's face morphs, so rather then fix it, DAZ just dropped transmapped eyebrows from M4/V4.

Not saying you wont find a trans map eye for M4's eyebrows, but it will only work with M4's stock face. I don't have a DAZ skin for M4 that has an eye brow transmap; and I have the high rez skins.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2012

Brock:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/brock-for-the-freak-4/

Elvis
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/39754/

I don't know for which the transmaps are ...

Post edited by Kerya on
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    As this is something I went on a rip about at the time of the M4 release, let me fill you in. M4's eyebrows are a separate mesh, it is screwed up missing most of M4's face morphs, so rather then fix it, DAZ just dropped transmapped eyebrows from M4/V4.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Kinda disconcerting actually.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited July 2012

jmper said:
    ManStan said:

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Kinda disconcerting actually.

I can't recall the details, but we did discuss this on a previous occasion and I'm pretty sure MS is wrong - though there may be an ERC issue that requires manually tweaking some settings - it's possible that saved poses were applying the morphs both directly and through ERC from the ehad, resulting in a double effect (which is a simple fix).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited July 2012

I can't recall the details, but we did discuss this on a previous occasion and I'm pretty sure MS is wrong - though there may be an ERC issue that requires manually tweaking some settings - it's possible that saved poses were applying the morphs both directly and through ERC from the ehad, resulting in a double effect (which is a simple fix).

Oh, there's definitely something screwed up in there, but pissing around with the dials a little usually fixes it. It's a rare case that I can't pop the eyebrows back out of the face.

Thanks for the links!

Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Still something that should have been fixed that never got fixed. If I recall I was told there was no need of them because no one used transmapped eyebrows. There for DAZ didn't see it as an issue that needed to be fixed.
    You can guess who told me that ;)

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

You might want to look into the Drow type characters. You can't have a decent Drow without big bushy eyebrows. :lol: Although the V4 maps might not work on M4 (maybe they do?), you can get the low down on actually using them in this package:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/35474/View/11/Poser/V4-Drow-Verin-Ssinss-Heads-and-Bodies