vittorio won't work with morphs ++?

iDiruiDiru Posts: 695
edited July 2012 in The Commons

edit
new problem now...
I finally got vittorio working but now I can't use morphs ++, which doesn't make sense because the page says I need morphs ++ to use? If I inject v4 with vittorio I can't inject her with morphs ++, but I can inject ++ vic with elite shapes?
They're all installed in the same place. How do I fix this? I need to change her face and eyes and stuff. I'm trying to create a very specific person

Post edited by iDiru on

Comments

• ArienArien Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

The original Vittorio came with its own cr2, you didn't load Victoria then just INJ, because it had a LOT more morphs that required their own channels; you had to use the cr2s included.

With the latest version of Vittorio, I believe it uses EXP; you must install Vittorio in the same directory where you've got Vicky, and you MUST run the cr2 Update using the .bat file. Otherwise Vicky won't have the necessary channels. So I'd start by making sure you've run the V4 updater bat.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2012

Greetings,
    Edit: Nevermind me, someone w/ more knowledge answered. :)

Original: Do you have Victoria 4.2 Morphs++? Without that, you'll get something a lot like what you're describing... Just a guess, though, since I don't have Vittorio.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • iDiruiDiru Posts: 695
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Edit: Nevermind me, someone w/ more knowledge answered. :)

Do you have Victoria 4.2 Morphs++? Without that, you'll get something a lot like what you're describing... Just a guess, though, since I don't have Vittorio.

-- Morgan

Yes, I have Morphs ++ and I even loaded a version with all of the morphs plus previously injected into the charactter
    edited December 1969

Arien said:
    The original Vittorio came with its own cr2, you didn't load Victoria then just INJ, because it had a LOT more morphs that required their own channels; you had to use the cr2s included.

With the latest version of Vittorio, I believe it uses EXP; you must install Vittorio in the same directory where you've got Vicky, and you MUST run the cr2 Update using the .bat file. Otherwise Vicky won't have the necessary channels. So I'd start by making sure you've run the V4 updater bat.

How can I run the update without the updater...?
    edited December 1969

iDiru said:
    Arien said:

Go to

yourprogramdirectory\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Double click
    Or else re-run installers for Morphs++, RebySky, Stephanie or Elite... basically any of the "big deal morph packs", by the end of it, it will ask whether you want to run the updater, tell it YES.

And then do load the basic CR2. Vittorio does not, as far as I remember, need extra morphs++, but uses its own morphs, a LOAD of them. Do not attempt to do anything "clever" bypassing the process by using a cr2 with preloaded channels or anything of the sort, because that will not work.

edited December 1969

Arien said:
    iDiru said:
    Arien said:

Go to

yourprogramdirectory\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Double click
    Or else re-run installers for Morphs++, RebySky, Stephanie or Elite... basically any of the "big deal morph packs", by the end of it, it will ask whether you want to run the updater, tell it YES.

And then do load the basic CR2. Vittorio does not, as far as I remember, need extra morphs++, but uses its own morphs, a LOAD of them. Do not attempt to do anything "clever" bypassing the process by using a cr2 with preloaded channels or anything of the sort, because that will not work.
    Okay, here's the problem, I'm not sure where V4 is located. I don't remember where she's installed to or where morphs ++ is installed to either. I feel like I installed it to PP2010, but that directory is gone now since I reformated, but obviously, V4 and morphs ++ are still present, I just don't know where.
    I don't understand how to load the CR2 or anything I'm a noob. What it shows me is an INJ for Victoria which I try to do and nothing happens at all. Is there a way I can find her install directory or something?

edited December 1969

do a search for

DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Double click on it. Or, as I said above, re-run the installer for one of the other morph packs from DAZ. They will install that file if it isn't there.
    Also take note of where the file .bat file is, as chances are, it's where your Vicky is installed.

Load Vicky 4.2 from that directory, as usual. Just avoid loading any weird "figure" file you've saved with morphs or whatever; just load a plain vanilla Vicky 4.2 AFTER you've run the .bat file. Basically, for Vittorio you need to follow the same steps as you use for installing any of the basic morph packs: install morphs, run .bat update (some will run it automatically, including RebySky and Stephanie) then load the new updated figure from your library as usual and apply the new morphs.

edited December 1969

Arien said:
    do a search for

DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Double click on it. Or, as I said above, re-run the installer for one of the other morph packs from DAZ. They will install that file if it isn't there.
    Also take note of where the file .bat file is, as chances are, it's where your Vicky is installed.

Load Vicky 4.2 from that directory, as usual. Just avoid loading any weird "figure" file you've saved with morphs or whatever; just load a plain vanilla Vicky 4.2 AFTER you've run the .bat file. Basically, for Vittorio you need to follow the same steps as you use for installing any of the basic morph packs: install morphs, run .bat update (some will run it automatically, including RebySky and Stephanie) then load the new updated figure from your library as usual and apply the new morphs.

Okay, I found the BAT file and clicked it and it ran a quick DOS thing. I'm not sure what that did? So I found it, it's in pp 2010 folder, I think. I have two versions of v4 I think, and one of them isn't v 4.2 and I can't tell which is which...
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio are you using? DS3 comes with V4.2EZ, which is NOT the full version and doesn't take added morphs. If you have a version which does accept morphs++, you need to find the Runtime which has Runtime:Libraries:Characters:DAZ People:Victoria 4.2.cr2, and install Vittorio to that same runtime (the path should end at the folder CONTAINING the Runtime folder). If the Vittorio installer doesn't prompt you to Initialize, go to the Runtime:Libraries:!DAZ folder in that same runtime and double-click DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat to initialize the morphs. Note that if you saved a new .cr2 or .daz scene, the new morph channels will NOT be added to it -- you need to load the original Victoria 4.2.cr2

edited December 1969

bawmp