About Old Site Daz Archived Freebies

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Took a while to figure out where the new topic button was, yet I am stubborn and found it...lol

Now the old site has the archive of freebies that use to be for weekly freebies and I was wondering is that was still going to be available (if so a permanent link on a sticky would be nice). I need to know as I want to update as many links as possible on my site for the lists that others so generously created and the archive was listed a number of times.

Comments

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

They mentioned a week or two ago that they didn't think they would still be available after the switch, so we may or may not see them again. I had them downloaded from a long time ago when I first joined but I went back and saved the pages so I know what the installers were for in the future LoL

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

I forgot about those freebies and did not download them. If I remember correctly there was a good tree frog in there.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I opened the page for the frog I had saved and tried the download link, just in case but it's broken now, sorry :( I would have posted it for you if it worked :(

• DaveyWDaveyW Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I'm just wondering if there are plans to bring back the old free weekly archive.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,833
    edited December 1969

There was a warning it would go, and in that post there was no certainty about whether it would come back. So I'd regard it as doubtful but not absolutely impossible.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

That was about three years ago. Most people might have forgotten that already, Richard.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

No it was mentioned at the time the latest New website announcement was made on the old Site, together with a warning to download any items in the archive that you thought you may need in the future.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,293
    edited December 1969

Ok thanks everyone...I personally made a point of downloading everything from the archive,so no worries there. Now I will need to double check the links on those lists again and update them (actually might be a yearly event the way sites keep disappearing).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ugh, don't wish that on us, it's bad enough this time.

• MarcinhaMarcinha Posts: 1
    edited November 2013

Sad news to me because I join the Daz3D World only now and I'm looking for the freebie Koshini Princess Hair because someone told me it fits in Cookie character as well and it looks beautiful. Already have the extension colors but they're useless without the hair :roll:

Post edited by Marcinha on