(Resolved) - Install Manager can't find DAZ path for installing GoZ and Photoshop bridge

edited May 2013 in New Users

I'm getting this error:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

I checked and the settings appear to be correct. The path for the shortcut I use to run DAZ is "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\DAZStudio.exe" which matches what's in the install manager and these are the values that it's always been since I installed it (I haven't changed them). I'm not sure what to fix, how do you resolve this error?

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to add the path for Photoshop.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, I had been confused by the fact that it actually did say it couldn't find DAZ for the GoZ plugin but in the post I posted the wrong error message. When I manually clicked the install button for GoZ it just worked for some reason.

Thanks! You can delete this thread since it's really not useful for anything.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Threads are never deleted, they may give information to other members, and as such, are useful.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Also, the mods always hope to supplement their incomes with a bit of blackmail.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I like the way you think Richard :P

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

It was useful for me. Thanks for your original post and your response fixmypcmike.

• moondawgmoondawg Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I think that I've also found that if you are running Photoshop CS6 64 bit you must also be running DAZ Studio 64 bit or they won't connect. Didn't realize I was still running DAZ Studio 4 in 32 bit till the installer told me it couldn't find Photoshop 32 bit even though the path to Photoshop was right.

• chweintrchweintr Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

sorry for posting here -- i have the same issue -- the installer cant find put in the bridge.. i went to the applications section under settings in the manager and pasted in the address fro the p[lugin folder in photoshop -- it is still giving error messages.
    saying this:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

the path i've put in is:
    C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)

i also tried

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)/plugins

neither worked. any thoughts on what i am doing wrong?

thanks

edited December 1969

The paths look right. You are actually setting that as the path to PS, not as a content path generally?

• DelforceDelforce Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Threads are never deleted, they may give information to other members, and as such, are useful.

Yeah this helped me with a simular error message for Carrera so I was able to fix it. Thanks.

• dematthewsmediadematthewsmedia Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

What am I doing wrong? see attached pic. Please post explicit instructions.

daz.PNG
    584 x 570 - 25K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

If your trying to point to photoshop in 64 bit the patch should be. c:Program Files/Adobe...... and the application needs to be listed as Photoshop. ATM you have you 64bit photoshop listed as DS. And the 32/64 bit is listed to the wrong programs folder

• dematthewsmediadematthewsmedia Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    Currently, I have C: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 bit). I don't have a choice in what the file names are. The file names are created by adobe. What are you referring to by, "ATM".
    I will make the 32/64 paths match once I figure the correct path.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Sorry ATM=At the moment

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

The Photoshop Bridge installer places some files in the Photoshop plugin folder. You tell DIM where the programs are installed on your computer on the DIM Settings>application tab. On the Application tab, click on the + icon on the lower left and select Photoshop, the version, bit and path to the Photoshop programs folder.

Here's a picture of my DIM settings>application tab settings..

ScreenShot001.jpg
    690 x 449 - 128K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Mikedynamite2000Mikedynamite2000 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I'm still a bit confused and not sure how to solve this. Halp :(

Error.PNG
    490 x 206 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Do you own Photoshop?
    In DIM go to Settings (the gear icon in the upper right) and go to the Applications tab. Click the + sign in the lower left and add Photoshop, giving the version, bit depth, and path to the application.

• Mikedynamite2000Mikedynamite2000 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Do you own Photoshop?
    In DIM go to Settings (the gear icon in the upper right) and go to the Applications tab. Click the + sign in the lower left and add Photoshop, giving the version, bit depth, and path to the application.

Wow. That was actually helpful!!! :D Thanks a lot! It worked! I'm quite relieved now haha thank you!

• cerkvenikcerkvenik Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

hey guys!
    I managed to install the Photoshop plug-in, I open both software select the 3d bridge, click at "preview image" but PS just upload a black image!

Did this happen to anybody else??

Thanks!

• radarradar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I also have 37 files that I downloaded and they went fine. I have a problem that I cant figure out. I have read this thread but didn't see my solution. I had all these files on a pc running win7 and got robbed. all my pc's, stereos and TVs got stolen. I bought a pc running win 8.1 and I am trying to get my DAZ and Bryce7 file onto it. •

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Bryce 5.5 Content Kit: Volume 1" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro, 7, 6, 5" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    • Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce" requires that the installed path for "Bryce 7 Pro" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    if someone can walk me through it I would be very grateful.
    Radar :red:

edited December 1969

In DIM click the Settings icon (the gear in the upper right corner) and go to the Applications tab. Click the + sign in the lower left to add the paths for Bryce and Photoshop.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

hey guys!
    I managed to install the Photoshop plug-in, I open both software select the 3d bridge, click at "preview image" but PS just upload a black image!

Did this happen to anybody else??

Thanks!

The preview image button has never worked right for me either in CS5 or CS6. Only Render to New Layer and everything below it work.
  • edited December 1969

Okay - so I'm on an imac and running into the same error:

"Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6, CS5, CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again. "

Can anyone help me with the appropriate path on a Mac (imac running os X 10.6.8) running PS CS6 64-bit.

Thank you!

• SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
    edited January 2014

Hi I just got Zbrush and am having similar problems with Goz in particular.

The first 2 pictures come from trying to do a direct install with the exe file from a download.

Theother pics are from tryng to use the DAZ Install Mgr

Cant seem to get past this as I seem to have all the files. Any help would be appreciated

4.JPG
    569 x 665 - 45K
    3.JPG
    548 x 514 - 53K
    5.JPG
    390 x 311 - 21K
    2.JPG
    1226 x 744 - 149K
    1.JPG
    685 x 552 - 56K
    Post edited by SoulUnit on
    edited December 1969

Your applications list in DAZ Install Manager lists the 32-bit version of ZBrush, but the GoZ you are trying to install is 64-bit.

edited December 1969

Also the package you are installing with DIM is for the Public Build - that is, the Public Beta not the general release version.

edited January 2014

Your applications list in DAZ Install Manager lists the 32-bit version of ZBrush, but the GoZ you are trying to install is 64-bit.

I saw that and suspected but was not sure, so the only solution to enable this, since Zbrush is only 32 bit, is to download and install the 32 bit version of Daz? I did not see this mentioned anywhere else in the forum though I am a super noob and may have missed it.

Would this not cause havoc to my already massively populated 64 bit Daz? I would need to to uninstall Daz 64 bit and start over again with 32 bit?

So my next question would be is the goz worth all this trouble or maybe I can get the same results by just exporting Daz obj files and importing to Zbrush?

5.JPG
    453 x 312 - 30K
    Post edited by SoulUnit on
    edited December 1969

You don't have to uninstall 64-bit to use 32-bit, and they keep the same settings, but you do need to make sure the version of GoZ doesn't say "Public Build", as that is for the DAZ Studio beta. Is ZBrush only 32-bit?

edited December 1969

Yes, ZBrush is as yet 32 bit only - but the bridge will work from either the 64 or the 32 bit DS, it isn't like a PS plug-in where the bits have to match it's simply a file transfer and application launch.

edited December 1969

You don't have to uninstall 64-bit to use 32-bit, and they keep the same settings, but you do need to make sure the version of GoZ doesn't say "Public Build", as that is for the DAZ Studio beta. Is ZBrush only 32-bit?

Wow, Ok sounds good I will give it a try

Yes, ZBrush is as yet 32 bit only - but the bridge will work from either the 64 or the 32 bit DS, it isn't like a PS plug-in where the bits have to match it's simply a file transfer and application launch.

Very good will do.

Thank you both you have been a great help!