edited November 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi
my daz studio after a bit my smart content stops working not sure why
thanks

Post edited by rigomrtsfx on

Comments

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

There's a help page on Troubleshooting the Smart Content Pane. It has helped me in the past when I have run into Smart Content issues.

• Ariella CandelariaAriella Candelaria Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Hello,
    my smart content has stopped working:down: as well...I tried EVERYTHING! :roll: And nothing works! Help!:ohh:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Check and see if your CMS is still running

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The common cause of the Smart content to fail after it had been working is a error in the CMS Database. The only fix I know of is to delete the Database file and then Re-Import your MetaData which will create a new Database.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

1) If you have custom categories and haven't exported user data recently, do that first, so you can restore the categories that are still working.
    2) Close DS and uninstall CMS.
    3) Reinstall CMS by running the installer in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms (if you have DIM installed) or by reinstalling DS. That will give you the latest CMS, which will reduce the chances of the problem recurring.
    4) Search for the file ContentDB.ind -- if you let CMS install to the default locations it will probably be in Program Files (x86) or ProgramData. I would search your entire hard drive with "Hidden and System Files" visible, in case you have more than one set of databases, which could also cause problems. That file is the index for the database.
    5) Stop CMS and delete ContentDB.ind, then start CMS and launch DS. Let DS rebuild the index -- it might take a minute or two.
    6) Scan for new content and categorize it.
    7) Close and restart DS, and see if the categorized items are staying. If they are, you should be good to go.
    8) If newly-categorized items are still disappearing, close DS, stop CMS, and delete all the files in the databases folder. Restart CMS, launch DS, and re-import metadata to get your user data back. It can take a long time, so don't panic if it seems to be taking a long time and the progress bar isn't moving.

• rigomrtsfxrigomrtsfx Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

thank you everyone

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited December 1969

Hi.

CMS stop randomly since last day! (Never had problem before)

Vista Ultimate - all updates

Problem start after reboot by "Windows updates" (Microsoft NET updates)

Manually restart the services the only result was always crash again!

I delete manually CSM and uninstall the DIM

Re download and install DIM (the CMS is include with DIM)
    All goes back to normal!

wait and see if the problem comes again.