• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

thx Jaderail.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

OK! Color me impressed.

edited December 1969

Thx LOL Hang on while I get my paint brush out.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

...and I still don't know what I am doing half the time, well sort of. :) As we go we get more recent.

That could be me :lol:

great to see that you mr. szark have your own render thread :)

edited December 1969

Thank you cosmo, much appreciated. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

the "black jack" render is really great mr. szark... great idea and thumbs and big toes up for that :)

edited December 1969

LOL cheers cosmo.

edited December 1969

Since you folks are enjoying these how about some more.

The first image, rendered in Vue, was for last years Song Bird contest, got an HM for that one too.

The second image won me Poser 8 and a years subscription to 3DAtrist mag over a year ago now. March '11 I think. Rendered in Bryce 7 with postwork added.

Sun_Room_Best_copy.jpg
    800 x 463 - 298K
    Albatross.jpg
    800 x 466 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Next we have some older Daz Studio renders

First was for a westonmi appreciatation contest testing out Dynamic clothing for the first time. That took some learning.:) Believe it or not all that text means something for which I wrote it all. ;)

The second I call Caught On Camera
    I made this for a Daz contest of the same name some time ago. I did not win but I did get a consolation prize for giving them a good laugh and for my efforts. Which was totally unexpected and very warming. Thanks William and Marieah. William made the Video Camera Prop pictured and Marieah made The lady's clothes. Marieah does more than make textures though. :D

The third one was a thank you to Toadz from the DCC over on DA

IACGMOOH.jpg
    800 x 1119 - 427K
    Caught_On_Camera.jpg
    800 x 379 - 323K
    Catching_Up.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 399K
    edited December 1969

While I am cooking our evening meal I thought I would post some more.

Lets start with another Dreamlight monthly contest enrtry themed "A feeling of significance" - Nov 2011 Another first place which was nice.

The second one was done a few years ago, just for me playing about, leaning postwork etc.

The last 2 are from last year, again for me playing about with things

RoadHog.jpg
    800 x 811 - 628K
    ObstaclesS.jpg
    800 x 600 - 341K
    Security_Upgraded.jpg
    800 x 450 - 204K
    LostandFound.jpg
    800 x 477 - 204K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

UNLURK=- I hate you now. Just letting you know. You are in very good company, LycanX, Kylumi and many many others in that group.-=RELURK

edited June 2012

Awe you say the nicests things Jaderail, thanks I am touched no seriously I am touched , loopy in fact. ;)

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

hey LoooooooooL what a great animal is that???? LooooooooooooooooL :lol: that looks really funny and the render is great "road hog" also the frog render....awesome

edited December 1969

mr. szark, you should think about making a story with your little creatures :)

edited December 1969

It has crossed my mind. When I get a new computer I may do what I had planned.

edited June 2012

Can't sleep, too much pain so I thought I would add some more. :)

These two are from a Tarot card comp form a couple of years ago. I got well any truely beat. :)

The_Fool.jpg
    589 x 1000 - 424K
    The_Devil.jpg
    589 x 1000 - 363K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Here you go my first ever Daz Studio render. Well had to start somewhere. :)

There cho I have done it for all the world to see. I still look at that and cringe.

Its_not_heavy.jpg
    640 x 480 - 165K
    edited July 2012

Here is my newest entry to Dreamlight's monthlys. June's theme was "Stay Ups or Just Stay Up".

Daz Studio 4.5 RC 2 render. Use Eberenviroment IDL and one distant light. No postwork at all just a plain render.

Title: Just Stay Up.......Longer ;)

Just_Stay_Up._._._._._._._.LongerS_.jpg
    800 x 450 - 237K
    Post edited by Szark on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I'm very impressed also...and envious I never get the chance to play much these days.

Great work Szark!

edited December 1969

Thanks Pen, still too busy I take it. Well it is better than being unemployed,take it from me.

I hope all is well in your part of the world. :)

edited December 1969

I love that one, it's so good. The expressions are to die for. It reminds me of a silly animation I saw years ago it had this line in it.
    "They are little blue happiness, they tap dance not, neither do they fart."

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Thanks Pen, still too busy I take it. Well it is better than being unemployed,take it from me.

Yeah, still busy...I've been told by staff that have been at the school for a while, that it's always like this. Apparently leadership have high expectations of staff. You're right about it being better than unemployed though.
    I'm enjoying it I just would like more time to play with my toys.; )
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I love that one, it's so good. The expressions are to die for. It reminds me of a silly animation I saw years ago it had this line in it.
    "They are little blue happiness, they tap dance not, neither do they fart."
    LOL Jaderail where do you get these from. How are you today?

I do work a lot on expressions, having all my GenX morphs in tact helps. Though recently I have managed to pick up All the Genesis body and head morphs so GenX for me is slowly getting left.

I got first place for that image which to be honest surprised me. I thought a couple of the images were better than mine...but what do I know I am no judge of other folks work really.

edited December 1969

I'm pretty darn good today, thank you for asking. I get all my SILLY from a life of debauchery and fun living. Silly and Stupid just sticks in my head so I have a large pool of things to draw from.

edited December 1969

Good to hear Jaderail.

Well then we have something in common...silly is my middle name and stupid my last. :)

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Szark said:

Yeah, still busy...I've been told by staff that have been at the school for a while, that it's always like this. Apparently leadership have high expectations of staff. You're right about it being better than unemployed though.
    I'm enjoying it I just would like more time to play with my toys.; )I think that is the most valuable things about working, enjoying it. I used to work 5 and half days a week for 4 years doing around 12 hour days and 5 on the Saturday. I enjoyed every minute apart from when we got a new boss, Then I moved on and had abother 5 years of great times doing the same job for a different company about half a mile down the road.

Anyways glad to hear you're doing ok Pen.

edited July 2012

This time I set up a 7 point spotlight arrangemnt, 1 key, 2 fills, 2 back and 2 Bounce. No shadows on the Back and Bouce. 100% soft raytrace shadows for the Fill and 5% soft raytrace on the Key. Then for good measure I chucked in UberEnviroment (see image below for the settings). No HDRI map was used or harmed in the making of this image.

All diffuse textures were reduced to 80% strength so I didn't blow out the surfaces with so much light.

I wanted a light scene as it a family portrait and not some fashion shoot. :)

Please if you can spare me some time I really would like your comments and thoughts on the lighting. I think I nailed it but I do like an outside opinion every now and then just to keep me on the path to enlighenment.

I am so loving Genesis which is what all three are. Thanks to Swidhelm for his modelling and fivecat for he V4 textures. Yes there are a lot of renders around with these characters so I thought I would do something a little different.

final5S.jpg
    800 x 1089 - 522K
    uber.jpg
    396 x 606 - 133K
    Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

I like it, I really do BUT, You knew one was coming from me, I think a little more Rim light on the figures would have helped bring them OUT from the background. That said, you still out render me hands down.

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail. Good point. I will give increasing the Back lights which act as a rim, a go. I am also thinking it think is needs more darker shadows. Thanks it has given me something to think about. I don't know about you but I soemtimes get image blindness and getting others' opinions really does help to point out certain aspects lacking that I can't see myself.

edited December 1969

Oh Yes, I never see my flaws unless someone else points them out.