Please select victoria 4 before applying the script presets - Surreality's Amalie

lindanslindans Posts: 99
edited November 2013 in Poser Discussion

I seem to be having a problem with Amalie every time I try and select a preset mat (skin) I get the above error message, needless to say V4 is selected. I am using Poser pro 12 and Windows 8.1 I think it might be something to do with the windows 8.1 upgrade as it worked previously on windows 8 any help appreciated.
Thanks

Post edited by lindans on

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited November 2013

PP 2012 is not supported under windows 8.1...

Thank you for contacting Support. Poser Pro 2012 is not supported on Windows 8 or 8.1

If you have the SR 3.1 installed and you are using the External AIR Library, Poser Pro 2012 should work on Windows 8.1, but this is not a supported Operating System.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=4111305

SR 3.1 is available here, if you haven't yet installed it....

http://poser.smithmicro.com/pro2012-updates.html

Post edited by WandW on
  • lindanslindans Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Poser pro is working fine it's just this texture I have a problem with Surreality's other stuff seems ok

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

It appears that the mat pose is calling a Python script; do other python scripts work?

edited December 1969

I was just wondering if it would be worthwhile reinstalling the package, may be the python script isn't working right will have a play LOL!!

• surrealitysurreality Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

*peeks in* Unfortunately, I can't even check on this one for you; I've been exclusively a mac user all my life, and there are no PCs in the household (or PC versions of Poser around at my relatives', where the one PC resides).

I've not had reports of this issue otherwise from folks I know are PC users, so I would suspect if there are known issues with Windows 8.1 with Poser, it's best to check with SM first to see if that's the root cause. There may be other Windows 8.1 conflicts with python specifically but I'm unaware of them (for the reasons above). I will definitely keep my ears open for further issues and if any solutions present themselves from the PC crowd, I'll implement them if they can be updated in the product (or pass along what needs to be done if it's a user end fix).

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Which mats are you using? If you're using the ones marked for Poser 6, try the ones for Poser 9.

edited December 1969

Well strangely enough I tried to do the same thing this morning and all is working as it should, thanks for your suggestions and Surreality thanks for your fab products XX