Inquiry for interest: Look at my Hair for Poser

Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hey guys and gals,

we've recently been in contact with Smith Micro and they've shown interest in LAMH being ported to Poser.

However, we need to know... Are YOU interested?
Let us know, thanks.

Comments

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

You realize with the new product posting restrictions your post is going to be deleted, right?
    and yes I'm interested

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

James S said:
    You realize with the new product posting restrictions your post is going to be deleted, right?
    and yes I'm interested

Hi James, why is that?

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

...and what is 'LAMH'? :)

edited February 2013

Craggles said:
    ...and what is 'LAMH'? :)

It stays for "Look at my Hair" and it's the first hair/fur Studio plugin ever to be released.

Here some information about it: www.furrythings.com
    And the official thread here at DAZ: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14818/

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • KerwinKerwin Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

we've recently been in contact with Smith Micro and they've shown interest in LAMH being ported to Poser.

If I could use it in a poser-native fashion, on poser models without going through DSON, I would buy in a minute (or less.) :)

If it requires a DSON intermediate step or only works on DAZ models that have been processed through DS4, I'd be interested, but less so. :s

-K

edited December 1969

Kerwin said:

If I could use it in a poser-native fashion, on poser models without going through DSON, I would buy in a minute (or less.) :)

If it requires a DSON intermediate step or only works on DAZ models that have been processed through DS4, I'd be interested, but less so. :s

-K

We are really wanting to avoid DSON at all...

• Craig JohnCraig John Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

INCREDIBLY INTERESTED!!!!!!!!! :D

(This is one of those times when the Caps Lock was intentional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :P

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

How is it different from the Poser Hair room?

(Serious question, not a knock at the product)

Hey guys and gals,

Let us know, thanks.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

For me I would love it !!!
    But you're right you have to have enough people to buy it, or it just not worth it.
    Another plus now is the octane render is super fast and amazing render quality so put the two together
    would be real interesting !

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

James S said:
    and yes I'm interested

This is only true if the LAMH for Poser was not going to be sold here at DAZ3D.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hey guys and gals,

Let us know, thanks.

I too am interested in the answer to this query.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Hey guys and gals,

Let us know, thanks.

Easier to use for one.

Two: It'll actually get supported. I don't think anyone can say that Alex and I don't support LAMH.

Three: Because LAMH is *Awesome* :-) (Just had to put that in there)

Four: LAMH Hair Assets will be interchangeable between DS and Poser... and other software soon to be added to the list.

Five: Other reasons that I can't divulge yet... :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kerwin said:

-K

We are really wanting to avoid DSON at all...

For the Poser side, that is.

Kendall

edited December 1969

James S said:
    and yes I'm interested

Not likely as we're intending to sell the product through our current DAZ store. But that is really up to DAZ.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kerwin said:

-K

LAMH will operate with Poser as it operates with Studio. An external plugin that coordinates resources with the Product.

Kendall

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

While it did take me a bit to wrap my head around the Poser hair room ... mostly because I expected it to be difficult. It actually turned out to be rather easy to create hair.

My problem is that my computer can't always handle Poser hair in scenes. Especially, if there is much else in the scene. Does LAMH hair require less resources to render? Or is there little difference between rendering Poser hair and LAMH hair?

Obviously, Poser hair is created in Poser, but LAMH is a standalone utility for creating hair which would then be imported into Poser? Or would LAMH be a plugin that works in or is launched from Poser?

LAMH styling may well be easier than Poser hair styling, but I'm still exploring Poser hair styling so can't say whether Poser can't do what I will want to do or whether it's that I don't yet know how to do what I will want to do.

When I'm considering a product, I compare features and price, ease of use or availability of tutorials/training, and read reviews (especially, read reviews!). If there is a demo, I'll try out the demo.

So, what I'd like is a comparison between the Poser hair room and LAMH from someone who is experienced with both. What's similar, what's different, what features does one have the other doesn't. What is easier about creating hair with LAMH than creating hair in Poser?

And expecially, as I already mentioned, is there any difference between rendering Poser hair and LAMH hair.

chohole said:

Hey guys and gals,

Let us know, thanks.

Easier to use for one.

Two: It'll actually get supported. I don't think anyone can say that Alex and I don't support LAMH.

Three: Because LAMH is *Awesome* :-) (Just had to put that in there)

Four: LAMH Hair Assets will be interchangeable between DS and Poser... and other software soon to be added to the list.

Five: Other reasons that I can't divulge yet... :-)

Kendall

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

As a current LAMH User for studio, I would buy a Poser version in an Instant.!!!!

You would probably get a better representative answer to this question if you opened threads on the Rosity and RuntimeDna Forums, where most of the Poser users tend to hang out.

S.K.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 1969

I haven't used poser in years, admittedly, and I admit to wanting to tear out my hair over that older version of the hair room .... and yes, not being able to use much in the scene.... ARG.

I can't speak for the new poser versions, BUT.

I absolutely adore LAMH and how easy it is once you know the short cuts ( i tell everyone to print out the small list of keyboard short cuts and tape it beside the comp till yo get the hang of it). Then it's pretty intuitive. And... it renders pretty fast! Much faster than fiber hair and much less memory intensive.... i've had up to 12 instances of hair in a scene! that's on my 16 GB ram machine, but even my old old not-graphics friendly laptop could run LAMH renders. :)

I gotta say that taking 20 minutes to make a hairstyle, rather than browsing lots of hair models and then tweaking settings to look better..... its just fantastic. Also it renders faster than some highly transmapped hair styles do. And hair can be exported as obj files, smoothed, morphed, collided with, shared as a prop, and so on.

• Rosie DRosie D Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I would be very interested in a Poser version of this.....

Already waiting (patiently) to add it to my cart if and when it happens :-)

• edited December 1969

I would also be very interested

• edited December 1969

I'd buy it just to be able to use the Sasquatch figure in poser with hair:) I hate DAZ Studio with a passion and Love Poser... but the hair room not so much! From what I've seen LAMH beats the hair room hands down! Now if DAZ would support Poser better they would get the 100s of dollars I spent regularly instead of 10-20 a year now:) I wish you didn't need the DSON importer to get new content into Poser... so far it has never worked for me! BUT YES TO LAMH IN POSER!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Sounds like a great idea for a poser version.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Would you use the same activation process as LAMH for DS has now?
    In that case the answer is no.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Will it work for 2012?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Yes, I'd be very interested as long as it runs with Poser Pro 2012.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Would you use the same activation process as LAMH for DS has now?
    In that case the answer is no.

What's the process now? I never bought the DS version.
    edited December 1969

You don't get the serial number in your account here at Daz, you have to register at Alessandro's site too ... without, LAMH will not work.
    I simply don't want to rely on one persons server for activation of a plugin. That's just me ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P960/#198633

edited November 2013

Kerya said:
    You don't get the serial number in your account here at Daz, you have to register at Alessandro's site too ... without, LAMH will not work.
    I simply don't want to rely on one persons server for activation of a plugin. That's just me ...
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/381/P960/#198633

You do get a Serial Number in the DAZ account, and you get a machine specific activation code from our web site. The activation code doesn't change so long as LAMH is used on the same machine, and we have no problem issuing additional codes for 2nd and 3rd machines when requested.

I suppose that you also don't use Microsoft Windows because you need a specific activation from their servers in addition to the SN on the label? Or MS Office? Or Autodesk products... same thing. Cinema4D? Need activation. Adobe Commercial Products? Yep, Activation. Octane Render? Activation needed. Our method is actually less restrictive than M$, try installing Windows 8 on any machine other that the one it shipped on, and you'll spend a bit of time re-activating it. At least we're never going to go "subscription based" like several of the others.

Regardless, we're changing the activation code generation to be more flexible for more machines.

If you're worried about longevity... The sites for LAMH support are being prepaid for years in advance, your codes will be available for at least the next 10 years.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Like I said ... it's just me ...
    (please: there is a bit of a size difference between Microsoft and a two persons company ... comparisons are a bit difficult, and I did see a lot of small sites vanish)

Back to the topic?

• kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

I'd be interested, and I bought the DAZ version. What's the possibility??