Needing Hawaiian/Tahitian Flower Crown & Lei

MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
edited October 2013 in Product Suggestions

Post edited by MarkR151 on

Comments

• MarkR151MarkR151 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I've been looking for a Hawaiian flower crown and lei(long flower necklace) like those seen in Hawaii & throughout the South Pacific.

The only thing I've found on DAZ is the grass skirt & coconut shell bra from the Totally Bazaar product, but it has 2 problems:

1. It doesn't include the flower head crown and lei, and
    2. It's only for Poser

I need a DAZ 4 compatible product.

You can see what I'm looking for at the 0:43 & 1:13 mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkjcPO7w7ns

I'd prefer they be all or mostly white flowers.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,343
    edited December 1969

Threads merged. Please don't start multiple thread on the same thing

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    edited December 1969

I think you can find what you are looking for in the hivewire3d store. I am not allowed to link to that store, but hopefully I'll be allowed to tell you about it here. There are Hawaiian hula clothes and accessories for Gen 4, Genesis, and Dawn. the artist is Ken Gilliland.

edited December 1969

Thanks Barbult, I'll take a look.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I think you can find what you are looking for in the hivewire3d store. I am not allowed to link to that store, but hopefully I'll be allowed to tell you about it here. There are Hawaiian hula clothes and accessories for Gen 4, Genesis, and Dawn. the artist is Ken Gilliland.

Yes your allowed to say where, just not link

edited December 1969

Thanks Frank. Will they work for Victoria 4?

edited December 1969

barbult said:

barbult says that it will. I don't know personally. I haven't seen them

edited December 1969

MarkR151 said:

There are three separate products in the Hivewire3D store for the Hula outfit. One for Gen 4 (Victoria 4), one for Genesis, and one for Dawn. I have the one for Dawn, so I haven't tested the Victoria 4 one. The artist is exceptionally good about resolving issues, though, should you find any problems.
    edited December 1969

Here is an example of what you can do with the Hula outfit.

Lei_Ubersurface_different_color_flowers_1,2,3.jpg
    1690 x 1453 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Thanks barbult. Nice render too.

But I was hoping for a crown with more flowers & less green leaf. Like the girl with the long brown hair top center:

http://www.tahititravelmate.com/weddings_moorea.htm

Or these:

http://www.spmhotels.com/article/tahiti-and-her-islands/culture--history--people--lifestyle

http://www.tahiti-tourisme.com/discover/introduction.asp

OR, this one that does have some greenery, but also a lot more white flowers. This may really be what I have in mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB0jJVQuWm8

The Tahitian beauty above making eyes at Brando ended up marrying him.

edited December 1969

OK, how about this. I used the same Hula product, but I added some white hibiscus flowers to the crown. The white hibiscus comes with that product, I just added several and moved them into place. I changed the diffuse color of the lei flowers to plain white, since you want white flowers.

Hula_white_flowers_3.jpg
    1690 x 1453 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Yes, that is an improvement. I like that.

I would also mix in some of those white Tiare flowers seen over to the left in that top link I gave last night. The Tiare & Hibiscus together.

But yeah, the new render you did above is a big improvement over the original.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    OK, how about this. I used the same Hula product, but I added some white hibiscus flowers to the crown. The white hibiscus comes with that product, I just added several and moved them into place. I changed the diffuse color of the lei flowers to plain white, since you want white flowers.

Barbult,

How did you go about adding the Hibiscus flowers to her crown? And changing the diffuse color of the flowers? How do you do that in DS?

Thanks for any help.

edited December 1969

I just added 4 or 5 hibiscus flower props to the scene and moved them into place manually by trial and error using the translation tool and the translation sliders in the Parameters tab. The diffuse color is changed by selecting the flower in the Scene tab and changing the Diffuse channel in the Surfaces tab. In surfaces you can change both the image (aka the map) used for the flower texture and the color setting. I think I just changed the flower diffuse map to "none" for the lei and changed the color setting to white. The hibiscus already has a white material setting, so I applied that.

edited November 2013

barbult said:
    I just added 4 or 5 hibiscus flower props to the scene and moved them into place manually by trial and error using the translation tool and the translation sliders in the Parameters tab. The diffuse color is changed by selecting the flower in the Scene tab and changing the Diffuse channel in the Surfaces tab. In surfaces you can change both the image (aka the map) used for the flower texture and the color setting. I think I just changed the flower diffuse map to "none" for the lei and changed the color setting to white. The hibiscus already has a white material setting, so I applied that.

OK, great! Thanks! :)

Post edited by MarkR151 on