"Realistic" Wizards Robes? Possible Commission

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been seaching a few well known 3D store sites for a while now for an "accurate" set of wizard robes. To me, every fantasty book I've read (well, in Dungeons & Dragons :P) has wizards wearing robes with the inside lined with many pockets, a robe worn over a belt for easy access (not under it). Does anyone know where I can find such a robe and, if not, I wonder if there are clothing creators who'd be willing to make one as an unrestricted commission? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

here is some questions that might help. which program are you using and which version? which figure(s) are you planing on using?

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Oh yea, well mainly M4 but also V4... I use DAZ Studio 3.

edited December 1969

are you using DS3 standard or ds3 advance? if DS3a, 32 bit or 64 bit?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

If you can get by without the pockets there are a few wizard robes here in DAZ's store. But, I'm assuming you've already seen them and wanted something different

• ArienArien Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

There's also Conniecat's Windy Wizard robe, at Renderosity, here
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4-windy-wizard-robe/72215#

Yes, it has a belt, but if you look at the rest of the promos, it shows it can be used without. The morphs on it are great too. PDF manual for it here
    http://badkittehco.com/M4WWR/WWRM4Manual.pdf

which should give you a better idea of what can be done.

edited December 1969

Miss Bad Wolf, I am not sure what version of DAZ I run, sorry. I'm not home so I can't check. Why would it even matter, really? I've never heard of a product working or not depending on what version of DAZ someone is using.

Frank, I did look already on DAZ. They seemed to have forgotten to give M4 the outer wizard robe so nicely prevelant in the m3 wizard pack, so I just have The Mage for M4.

Arien, Thank you for the Renderosity link! I think the price is a bit steep for a robe and hat, but the reviews seem good. Maybe I can ask the vendor to add some inner pockets, if they'd be willing. It would just add a nice level of realism. I mean the whole reason wizards WEAR robes is for the nifty pockets!

edited December 1969

I was trying to figure out if dynamic clothing was an option. If I recall correctly DS3A 64 bit cannot use dynamic cloth. sorry for the confusion. I was thinking of seeing if something from opitex's store might help but was holding off in case you could not use dynamic cloth.

Sorry for the confusion.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the clarification! I THINK my DAZ *can* use dynamic cloth. But I know *nothing* about using/posing dynamic clothing. Is it kinda easy? I've been using DAZ for a few years but haven't touched dynamic cloth.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Arien said:
    There's also Conniecat's Windy Wizard robe, at Renderosity, here
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/m4-windy-wizard-robe/72215#

Yes, it has a belt, but if you look at the rest of the promos, it shows it can be used without. The morphs on it are great too. PDF manual for it here
    http://badkittehco.com/M4WWR/WWRM4Manual.pdf

which should give you a better idea of what can be done.

I beta tested that robe and if I'm not mistaken the robe is loaded without the belt cinch morph so it can hang nicely. The only issues I ever had with it was the sleeves. Connie worked her butt off trying to get things to hang as naturally as she could but there are a few arms up poses that look a little funky with them not hanging quite right.

I do believe there is a dynamic robe here at DAZ you might want to check out...
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/clothing-accessories/dynamic-clothing/dynamic-fantasy-robe/
    This will require the OptiTex Dynamic Cloth Controller for it to work though!

edited July 2012

So the OptiTex Dynamic Cloth Controller is a plugin for DAZ 3 I am guessing? The Dynamic Fantasy Robe says "•This Product was created for DAZ Studio's Dynamic Cloth Engine." ... is that something already in DAZ?

Post edited by DrowElfMorwen on
    edited December 1969

So the OptiTex Dynamic Cloth Controller is a plugin for DAZ 3 I am guessing?

i think the plugin works for both DS3 and DS4.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

So the OptiTex Dynamic Cloth Controller is a plugin for DAZ 3 I am guessing?

i think the plugin works for both DS3 and DS4.There is a version for 4 as well as 3.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Can't remember if the Dynamic Cloth Controller was included with DS 3 Pro or if I bought it.... sorry.

edited December 1969

I remember buying it for DS3. I hope it works with DS4pro. Maybe I should reset it and download it and install it for DS4pro.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

DAZ Dynamic cloth workis in DS3 only if you are not on a Mac and only if you are not running it in 64-bit. So, yes, it works for a lot of people.

I think there were changes for DS4, Mac useres finally got access to it in DS4 and I think it runs in 64-bit, but I don't know whether the old plug-in is needed in DS4Pro. I think it may be built in now. Or at least certain basic functions are.

I've not been willing to undertake the aggro to try to use it yet though.

edited December 1969

I remember buying it for DS3. I hope it works with DS4pro. Maybe I should reset it and download it and install it for DS4pro.
    IIRC there was a version done for ds4 to ensure it worked with Genesis as early on it did have a few issues.

Resetting your order should get you the latest version...

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    DAZ Dynamic cloth workis in DS3 only if you are not on a Mac and only if you are not running it in 64-bit. So, yes, it works for a lot of people.

I think there were changes for DS4, Mac useres finally got access to it in DS4 and I think it runs in 64-bit, but I don't know whether the old plug-in is needed in DS4Pro. I think it may be built in now. Or at least certain basic functions are.

I've not been willing to undertake the aggro to try to use it yet though.

When I downloaded the latest version it was a separate installer contained in the zip. The zip contained the ds4.5 plus about 4 plugins.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Ah, something to watch for then. I've been badly enough by beta software to wait for the official release. But I do like to have some idea of what I'm in for.