My old Daz Studio content isn't loading into Daz.

plandr1724plandr1724 Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Recently installed Daz Studio 4.5 after not using Daz for months.

After installing the new program, I began the process of re-installing all of my old Daz .exe's (hair, clothes etc.). The problem is, none of it shows up in the program.

After reading up on CMS, meta data etc. this is about all I could get the studio to do (see attached pictures).

It hangs on that "import content page" forever (arrow and hour glass), and never loads anything beyond the files you see listed there.

^^ I had attempted to do this: http://ca1-webvirt-forumweb.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3374278&sid=176c32a08518b4e55a1375bd10259583

^^ thinking it would work, but again nothing I've installed aside from the new Vicky 5 ponytail loads.

I have added the content database (c/program files (86) etc.) where my old files are to the content manager (see picture).

I followed this tutorial, thinking it might work:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/packaging/tutorials/adding_metadata/start

^^ But I can only access the relevant folders via the content library - the files never show up.

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated it. :-)

Post edited by plandr1724 on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Did you tell Studio where the poser format content is as well?

• plandr1724plandr1724 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

No. I'll dry that and see if it makes a difference.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,859
    edited December 1969

A lot of the content will probably be in Poser format, so would appear under Poser formats in your second screenshot. In general it's a bad idea to have content in program Files, and your location looks even odder as you have the Runtime folder selected (usually the folder selected would be the one that holds the Runtime folder).

edited July 2012

Didn't work (including the poser directory). :-(

Post edited by plandr1724 on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

May be a bad idea, but that is how mine old one is set up because that was the default studio 2 location.

edited December 1969

A lot of the content will probably be in Poser format, so would appear under Poser formats in your second screenshot. In general it's a bad idea to have content in program Files, and your location looks even odder as you have the Runtime folder selected (usually the folder selected would be the one that holds the Runtime folder).

I was installing to program files because that's where the installer was sending it.

I'm just going to clean-install everything and see if that works. :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Most old content does not have MetaData, only items with metadata will show in the Smart Content Tab. Open your Content Library Tab and look in it for your older content. If your Content Directories are set up properly you should find all your items.

Edit: And Richard is correct, all content should go into the proper content folder. My Library if you are reinstalling your items.

Post edited by Jaderail on