Ok need some help with knowing names please

PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

Ok so I have the wonderful, well written, and spunky tut Modeling with Littlefox Collection 1 from RDNA and so far its pretty easy to follow even using hexagon. Only thing is some features that she uses are not in the manual for hex. I am sure you can do it in there, I just need to know what the name of her items would be in hex. One thing she talks about it layers. Can you do layers in Hex? Why is it like copy and past, it a new section? Would deform be tweek its like moving the mesh to make morphs? One other thing is (she uses modo and uses bevel quite a bit, but my bevel does not work the same. Its like dragging to make more of a shape or maybe like making a short dress longer. I think extrude would work the same, but now sure. For now that is all I can think of, but I am sure I will be back with more questions. Thanks so much :)

Comments

• edited December 1969

Can you post a link to the tutorial you're speaking of?

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Hexagon doesn't provide any layer functionality. Use groups instead to achieve similar functionality when modeling.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Hexagon doesn't provide any layer functionality. Use groups instead to achieve similar functionality when modeling.
    I've successfully done this tute in hex...so it can be done. Withou looking at the tute and hex I can't remember what I did for layers...I'm currently typing this on my iPad.
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Layers are an organising tool. They allow you to keep stuff from cluttering up your viewport and scene graph as well as giving you stuff like untouchable references or specialty shading options for subsets of objects in your scene - in the programs that support them. The only urganising too Hexagon provides is the groups, so those have to do.

• PoserMagicPoserMagic Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks all :)

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited December 1969

As otheres have said using the group function with the hide/show allows you to perform similar task as layrs. Not fully but workable.
    In my case while building the Seiko watch i was able to group the band segments and hide them. To work only on those segments i was able to invert whats is shown or hidden. This allowed me to work on the detail parts closely without problems from other pieces.