Carrara content missing

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I installed Carrara 8.5 Pro but doesn't look like much content came over (no scenes, no shaders . . .)

In C8 Pro , there was roughly 180 MB of content - when I search my C8.5 Pro - I only see a couple of MB of Native Content.

Do I just reinstall the old C8 Pro content into my 8.5 folder?

Is there some other file I'm not seeing?

Thanks

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are you using DIM or downloading from your Product Library? Some of the content may show up under Carrara 8.5 rather than Carrara 8.5 Pro in your Product Library.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

Installing manually - amd I see it now - down below says C8.5 prop part of bundle and there are several items to click on which have their own installers. Thanks.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited October 2013

Thanks for bringing this up...different missing thing for me. My Landscape Wizard seems to have disappeared! I know the Native Content for 8 was a big file, but for Pro 8.5 it's a small file. Was it in there in 8.1? I have removed that programme now so I can't go and poke around in its file folders.

Where did it go, did I bugger it up? How do I get it back???? Sorry am on meds and back is really really awful so I am sure it's something I did. Any help appreciated.

Thank goodness for the distraction of working on my stuff for studies... and will get over to vote for Twilight. The fantastic art gives me hope that one day....in a galaxy far far away, I might be able to attempt to reach for some of those levels. Sigh....

xx :) Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited October 2013

laurenwbr said:
    Thanks for bringing this up...different missing thing for me. My Landscape Wizard seems to have disappeared! I know the Native Content for 8 was a big file, but for Pro 8.5 it's a small file. Was it in there in 8.1? I have removed that programme now so I can't go and poke around in its file folders.

Where did it go, did I bugger it up? How do I get it back???? Sorry am on meds and back is really really awful so I am sure it's something I did. Any help appreciated.

Thank goodness for the distraction of working on my stuff for studies... and will get over to vote for Twilight. The fantastic art gives me hope that one day....in a galaxy far far away, I might be able to attempt to reach for some of those levels. Sigh....

xx :) Silene

I don't think the Native Content files changed from 8.1. The image below is what DAZ shows for the sizes of Native Content for C8.5. Maybe your download of that failed?

EDIT: I take that back. The image is for C8. The Native Content for C8.5 shows just ONE file, size 1.8MB. Clearly you didn't "bugger it up".

Hope you get better soon!

Cntent_2.png
    948 x 319 - 36K
    Content.png
    540 x 184 - 6K
    Post edited by FractalDimensia on
    edited December 1969

If the wizard's possibly in the C8 Native Content, could I download that manually and where would I put it?

Thanks! SileneUK

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    If the wizard's possibly in the C8 Native Content, could I download that manually and where would I put it?

Thanks! SileneUK

Yes. Carrara 8 Native contains all the Wizard stuff. Download it and run the installer. Install to your Carrara installation path. All of them if you have more than one, unless older than version 8 :)
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2013

Just a quick add of some information to list what is in what files.

In your Product Library under Carrara 8.5 Pro you'll find the following (I put a small note explaining what each is)

Carrara 8 Native Content - (This is the huge file of Carrara Content)
    Carrara 8.5 Native Content - (The V5 & M5 Carrara Shaders)
    Carrara 8.5 Pro Native Content - ( The M5 Benjamin Carrara Shaders)

The V4 & M4 Carrara Shaders were not included with 8.5 so if you have an older version of Carrara you'll have to download them from the files available to the older version. (I did file a support request asking them to be added to 8.5 or to make them available for purchase in the store, so new Carrara users an get access to them.)

Also, the After Effects Plugin found in the downloads for older versions of Carraa was not included with the 8.5 downloads too. This is because the plugin doesn't work with newer versions of After Effects and DAZ chose to not update and fix it.

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
    edited October 2013

Thanks so much Jay, FD and Dart,

Ran the exe file for C8 Native Content and MANUALLY installed to the 64-bit programme path with no problem. Wah-lah scene wizards are back. Who knows where they went or why, don't care now as it was a very easy fix.

I had to use a faffed environment for an emergency (and very quickly knocked together in an hour) illustration as part of an essay question for a test the other day.

It's about a female baboon who learnt to crawl behind a boulder to hide most of herself, except her head, so she could "groom" a male baboon who had low status. Alpha baboon was apparently fooled by his harem member's tactical deceit action...OR had she just learnt over time that there were more mating opportunities to be found behind boulders out of sight of Alpha who'd have not been amused? Yes I know t's a bit Wallace and Gromit but, hey, it got me 3 extra points. I love Carrara!

xx :) SileneUK

TD1.jpg
    1646 x 519 - 485K
    Post edited by SileneUK on