Do you remember old Carrara plugin ?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi, i remember a long time ago, i have a Carrara plugin for interaction between 2 objects like a rolling ball let trace in the snow. Someone know the name of this plugin, if it already exist ? It' like magnet but can deform for example the ground on the path from another object. :roll:

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Hi, i remember a long time ago, i have a Carrara plugin for interaction between 2 objects like a rolling ball let trace in the snow. Someone know the name of this plugin, if it already exist ? It' like magnet but can deform for example the ground on the path from another object. :roll:

Sparrowhawke (always him :-) ) has a footprint deformer that may lay trace of something into something (and the reverse ;-) ).

I've never tried it and Sparrowhawke marks it as alpha, so...

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I remember this plugin. It was from a Japanese developer.... The link and/or plugin expired and I lost track after a while...

• edited December 1969

Philemo said:

Sparrowhawke (always him :-) ) has a footprint deformer that may lay trace of something into something (and the reverse ;-) ).

I've never tried it and Sparrowhawke marks it as alpha, so…

Yes look like this but maybe more like magnet, difference was that ground was staying in place after the magnet goes on it.
    i try now footprint but doesn't works.

The plugin was also easier to work with.

• edited December 1969

I remember this plugin. It was from a Japanese developer.... The link and/or plugin expired and I lost track after a while…

Too bad, was great.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

This is not a Carrara plugin, but it resembles what you're planning:
    Nerd3d's Footsteps Tool
    I know... I get ridicule all the time for mentioning these sorts of Poser workarounds. But Poser workarounds work great in Carrara, too!
    Fact is, Nerd3d has all manner of impressive Poser workarounds that are also useful in Carrara ;)

n3d_footsteps_tool.jpg
    240 x 312 - 23K
  • edited December 1969

This is not a Carrara plugin, but it resembles what you're planning:
    Nerd3d's Footsteps Tool
    I know... I get ridicule all the time for mentioning these sorts of Poser workarounds. But Poser workarounds work great in Carrara, too!
    Fact is, Nerd3d has all manner of impressive Poser workarounds that are also useful in Carrara ;)

Thank you, but it was really different, an was animated also with physics. Incredible so good plugin disappear.

Plugins are the honey of a software.

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited October 2013

It's name was "Potentializer", it was made by A-Kuro digital & it was only available for up to Carrara 6.

Sparrowhawkes "Footprints" is actually better.....it's animatable, and has an adjustable "mud" setting that allows the deformation to disappear over time, or stay deformed.
    I use it in C 8.1 and it works great.....it's free, give it a shot. ;-)

Post edited by McGuiver on