LDP-R update won't install (Install Manager)

SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem with Install Manager being unable to install the latest update of Light Dome Pro - Revolution.

Comments

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited October 2013

Hey, just wondering if anyone else has the same problem with Install Manager being unable to install the latest update of Light Dome Pro - Revolution.

Yep, seeing it on both my Mac and PC. It fails and gives no error screen like the usual failed installs.

Is there a DIM log file somewhere that I've missed?

ETA: Found the log file - go to Settings and there's a Show Log button on the bottom left - but it's not a lot of help as this is the only line there:

Product failed check, moving to next product : IM00016860-01_LightDomePROR.zip

Post edited by Sisca on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    edited December 1969

Have you tried refreshing and downloading agin a couple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries for something to go through. If it keeps failing then you'll need to file a tech support ticket

• Andrey PestryakovAndrey Pestryakov Posts: 172
    edited December 1969

I have the same situation. I still can not install scripts for Photoshop CC, because installer supported CS2-CS6 only.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Have you tried refreshing and downloading agin a couple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries for something to go through. If it keeps failing then you'll need to file a tech support ticket

I've tried several re-downloads and installs over the last couple of days across both PC & Mac. I figure it's probably a corrupt file so I'll file a ticket and keep trying.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

I wrote a bug report on this problem on October 15. They haven't responded with a solution yet.

edited December 1969

I don't have it to see if its doing the same for me, so I can't check.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Doing the same here via DIM on Mac and since this package is really huge I don't want to try without DIM ;)

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

I'm glad it's just not me. If you download it and right click to show package files it comes up blank. Any other downloaded file when you do the same thing, it shows the list of files

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited October 2013

Reported this a few days ago via ZenDesk and It is confirmed, so sit tight, an update will soon come.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

DAZ closed my help request on this topic and marked it "solved", without adding any note at all. I don't have any new version in the DIM. Just to be sure I deleted the package I had and downloaded again. I got the same bad package as before that won't install. In fact, they closed three of my help requests (3 different products that are buggy), and none of them have been fixed and none of them had any note added about why they were closed.

edited December 1969

Reopen the tickets saying they still don't work.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    DAZ closed my help request on this topic and marked it "solved", without adding any note at all. I don't have any new version in the DIM. Just to be sure I deleted the package I had and downloaded again. I got the same bad package as before that won't install. In fact, they closed three of my help requests (3 different products that are buggy), and none of them have been fixed and none of them had any note added about why they were closed.

probably not pushed to servers, or they should have marked it "duplicate". Mine is till open I think.

edited December 1969

OK, I've added a comment to each one, asking why they were marked solved with no comment and no update in the DIM. I checked the "Bad, I'm not satisfied" rating, because I wasn't sure if just adding a comment to a "solved" ticket would reopen it or not. If yours is still open, Totte, maybe this will eventually get some attention.

edited December 1969

There is a "Create Followup" at the bottom of the ticket that you can use

edited December 1969

Check again it was closed (yesterday), so I commented.
    I guess it has been updated but not pushed to servers. I had another content issue that also is reported as solved (CountryLane2 installing in wrong place on Mac OS X), and it is also marked as solved and no update, so I guess we need to wait till monday DAZ time for it to be pushed to the servers,

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    There is a "Create Followup" at the bottom of the ticket that you can use

I don't see it. Can you show me a screenshot of where it is?
    edited December 1969

Here ya go

Ticket.jpg
    1246 x 897 - 90K
    edited October 2013

Thanks, Frank. What I see is different.
    Edited to add an image of the right hand side of that page.

deemed_solved.jpg
    982 x 1066 - 397K
    what_I_see.jpg
    941 x 715 - 104K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

Now that's really weird. I just went through all my old tickets and have the same thing so not sure what the difference is.

edited December 1969

Frank, I went way back to some old tickets, and on those I see what you see. But the recent ones have what I showed. Maybe they stay available for comments for some time before they are closed for comments and can be reopened with what you showed.

edited December 1969

Yeah I think they do stay for comment for a while

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Still no fix on this or word on this? :/

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Still no fix on this or word on this? :/

This is what they wrote in my help request:"Unfortunately, there is a known issue with this installer. It has been reported to the bug tracker and we will let you know as soon as the issue has been resolved."
    edited December 1969

It seems to be fixed now if you re-download the installer.

I had a bunch of stuff waiting for download so I just checked it all and started the process before I realized that LDP-R was still in the list. Figured it would fail again but this time it installed fine.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

yeah, my one jus installed too :)

edited December 1969

Yupp, worked today!

Looks like the error was that it required privs to install but the script was not setup to request that.

edited December 1969

Yes, fixed now. I marked my help request "solved".