Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted.

AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 200
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted. Why are topics with replies 10 minutes ago buried deeper than posts with replies hours or even days older??? I come to the forums to catch up on the latest topics, but they might be buried pages deep!

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

TV said:
    Somebody please explain how postings are now sorted. Why are topics with replies 10 minutes ago buried deeper than posts with replies hours or even days older??? I come to the forums to catch up on the latest topics, but they might be buried pages deep!

Forum posts are sorted by the order they were created, rather than by latest post. There is a link on the top of the forums to view latest posts, and while it's hardly perfect, it does at least list off the most recently posted in threads.

Getting the forum to sort by most recent posting is on their list of things to do. After fixing the store.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,664
    edited December 1969

they all get re-routed to a server manned by a team of rhesus monkeys with a bottle of Scotch who randomly dance on a numeric pad generating a posting order parameter which is then encrypted and returned along with the postings to the Daz website where a trained octopus keys them into the forum software.
    (I am talking out my rear oriface again, aren't I :red: )
    someone post a cat photo or render to shut me up!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Cracking post and here u go Wendy :)

cute_cat.png
    366 x 364 - 156K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,664
    edited December 1969

cute!

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Forum posts are sorted by the order they were created, rather than by latest post. There is a link on the top of the forums to view latest posts, and while it's hardly perfect, it does at least list off the most recently posted in threads.

I'm not sure that's correct, Rat. It seems to be a muddled mess, with posts it no real order at all.

The Lastest Post link is "somewhat" helpful, but I have found many new posts that don't appear in the Larest Post link

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

DaWaterRat is correct, threads are sorted by the date of the ORIGINAL post that started the thread.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Well I think Wendy is right :lol:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

She is half right, the octopus is on the front end and the monkeys are on the other end.

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Wendy
    This could be rather expensive given the cost of Salt Water Proof keyboards and monitors. Octopi can be out of the water for some time-so it could be typing on land-but that cuts down on the time. Perhaps a "land scuba
    suit that circulates oxygenated salt water on the inside could resolve this issue? I wonder if Daz is working on some alternate methods?
    They seem to be an ethical company-so I assume that they have proper housing and food for the animals to take into account. Overall-this could be rather inefficient. In fact- it really does seem to be an unreasonable approach-and you may be misinformed. ;-)
    Now go look at some Kitty pics!

they all get re-routed to a server manned by a team of rhesus monkeys with a bottle of Scotch who randomly dance on a numeric pad generating a posting order parameter which is then encrypted and returned along with the postings to the Daz website where a trained octopus keys them into the forum software.
    (I am talking out my rear oriface again, aren't I :red: )
    someone post a cat photo or render to shut me up!