BWC Cool Teen Josie Poses - Issue

Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I installed BWC Cool Teen Josie Poses via content manager. The folder shows up smart content/products but there are is nothing inside and I cant at the pose to the figure. Tried a bunch of things it also does not work in DAZ Studio.

One more thing, anyone know how to import these .duf files?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have sent sedor, the vendor, a PM point him to this thread.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,196
    edited October 2013

akulla3D said:
    I can tell you how I do it:
    Instead of Smart Content, go to Content.
    From Content, go to the My Daz 3D Library, then People, for something like this, I'd first look under Poses, and if I couldn't find it there, I'd look under Characters. But it's probably under Poses.

Oh... right... import duf...
    Then I would select the line just above "Actor" in the instances tray. Probably called Genesis 2 Female, maybe Josie. Not the first line that holds everything, but the next one, just above Actor. With that selected, I then double-click the duf file. Pose or clothing or hair... that's how I do it.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with Carrara and I hope you have got the Poses to work with the help of Dartanbeck.

As Dartanbeck guessed the Poses can be found under "Genesis 2 Female / Poses / BWC - Cool Teen Josie Poses".

I've looked at DAZ Studio and there they are and work fine - maybe something went wrong during installation?

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:
    I can tell you how I do it:
    Instead of Smart Content, go to Content.
    From Content, go to the My Daz 3D Library, then People, for something like this, I'd first look under Poses, and if I couldn't find it there, I'd look under Characters. But it's probably under Poses.

Oh... right... import duf...
    Then I would select the line just above "Actor" in the instances tray. Probably called Genesis 2 Female, maybe Josie. Not the first line that holds everything, but the next one, just above Actor. With that selected, I then double-click the duf file. Pose or clothing or hair... that's how I do it.

Thanks bro that worked. Do you use that for other stuff like if you get something from rendo? Also, can I move that outside the My Daz 3D library that was set up by DAZ and use my own hierarchy like I might use for a regular runtime?

Thanks again for your help.

Roger

• kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

akulla3D said:

Thanks bro that worked. Do you use that for other stuff like if you get something from rendo? Also, can I move that outside the My Daz 3D library that was set up by DAZ and use my own hierarchy like I might use for a regular runtime?

Thanks again for your help.
    Roger

Once you install something using the DIM, you should only use the DIM to maintain it AND do NOT install anything to that folder using anything but the DIM.

You should NOT rearrange anything in the My DAZ 3D library as things can very easily get mucked up.

For products that you purchase elsewhere you should setup a separate folder and arrange it anyway you see fit. Do NOT put products from other vendors into the DAZ 3D library.

Dartanbeck has some threads out there that go into a lot of detail and explain all things DIM.

edited December 1969

Yeah, when it comes to DIM, I prefer to leave that entire directory as DIM Only!!! And then use the standard file system we used to use in completely separate locations for manual installs. That way, if you wish to move stuff in your DIM directory, use DIM to do it.

I've never used database type stuff for anything about my Poser models and such.
    For that stuff, I am holding on to my entire old runtime system. You know, one for V4, one for M4, etc., Then use the DIM for everything Genesis related. Genesis has a whole new system and it needs to be maintained. This is some heavy stuff. Mess something up and you'll be back asking about "An Error Has Occurred", which none of us like.

When I made DAZ 3D Install Manager 101a video, i decided in the middle to go ahead and start new runtimes for all of my DAZ purchases in their own, fresh new runtimes, kept up to date with new purchases using DIM. It's pretty cool.

So if you use DIM to install something and you wish to move it, open the DIM and go to the Installed tab and place a check mark in all of the products that you want to relocate. With everything selected, even if you installed them to different places, click "Uninstall".
    If you've selected the "Delete after install" option, you'll immediately see these products back in the Ready to Download tab - otherwise they'll show up in Ready to Install tab.

I always leave my "Show Details" window open at the bottom. So I go to Ready to Download and click the gear icon in there - or just click on the gear up in the right corner and add the new location in the Installation tab... just click the '+' sign to add the new directory.

Whatever new directory you add then becomes available in the "Show Details" window in the main tabs. You just select it in the drop down box and select all of the items you want in that location and run the Queue!

Example: I buy an item for V4, two for Genesis and a car. I go to my Ready to Install tab. In the 'Content Shortcuts' box inside of 'Show Details' I click the arrow and choose any of my installation paths.
    I see that it is still on "Recommended DAZ~" location. Since I have two items that need to go there (my two Genesis items) I just select them and run the queue.
    That done, I change the Content Shortcut to V4 and select that item to download/install.
    Next I select the 'Vehicles' shortcut (another location I've made) and install the car.

It's all like, faster than opening and dragging the contents of a zip.

• Akulla3DAkulla3D Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

thats everyone for the help.

edited December 1969

akulla Sir,
    your welcome, man! ;)