( fixed) Send to Bryce Bridge

kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
edited July 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

My comp has not been handling Studio 3 or 4 at all well cos it's old and tired so I have had to revert back to studio 2.3. Problem is that in the file menu the "send to Hexagon" option is there but not the "send to Bryce" option. Does anyone recall if there was ever a fix for this or of any way I can get it to show and work.

Cheers
GG

Post edited by kiwi_gg on

Comments

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Should have added I have installed Ver 2.3.3.146.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

what version of Bryce ?
    you can use .OBJ format .

edited December 1969

Thanks bigh
    Bryce 4 thru to 7pro, take your pick. Yeah, I,m aware of the "obj" option But dammit I kinda like the bridge thingy. The other work around is clothe and pose my figure in DS2, save as a scene, import to DS3 and send to Bryce from there, have'nt tried it yet but it should work.

Cheers
    GG

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

kiwi_gg said:
    Thanks bigh
    Bryce 4 thru to 7pro, take your pick. Yeah, I,m aware of the "obj" option But dammit I kinda like the bridge thingy. The other work around is clothe and pose my figure in DS2, save as a scene, import to DS3 and send to Bryce from there, have'nt tried it yet but it should work.

Cheers
    GG

I see - I think diff. version of Bryce had a version of DS that works best with it .
    skull

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

I am not certain whether the bridge to Bryce was included in DS2. Not sure when that version came out, but Daz3D didn't buy Bryce until 2004, and it was in 2005 that they released B5.5. I have only heard of people using the Bridge in DS3 and DS4, but as I don't use DS at all I can't be certain.

I do know that Bryce 6 did "break" the bridge, but I thought this was fixed in B6.3

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited July 2012

Just checked and apparently DS2 should send to B6 ( hopefully 6.3)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1751/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Chohole
    I am pretty sure that the daz to bryce bridge was introduced before the daz to hex bridge and yes that happened with B5.5 and one version of DS2 to B5.5 bridge worked very well for me. Very frosty here this morning so I won't be out in the garden where I should be so I've pulled out all my old saved discs, fired up 2nd comp and will investigate further. Thanks for your input.

Cheers
    GG

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited July 2012

In the DS2 days, you needed to have the exact matching pair Bryce version-DS version, down to the last digit (it's supposed to not be like that anymore, and I haven't heard any requests here in a while, so I assume it's finally working with a bit more leeway). If you have only one try contacting DAZ3D. The Bryce 5.5 installer contains the matching DS 1.8 (or so?), IIRC.

Post edited by ReDave on
    edited December 1969

@ ReDave I think your right about having to have the exact match of DS and Bryce. I installed B5.5 on a 2nd comp yesterday , the installer also added DS 1.5.1.0 but still no Daz Bryce bridge. So far have tried 1.5.1.0 1.8.2.1 2.3.3.50 beta 2.3.3.89 2.3.3.146 3.0.1.44. Probably will have to contact Daz unless one of the development team stumbles into this thread.
    Thanks for the input.

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

Is there no one in the Bryce forum who knows which version equates to which ?

edited December 1969

Just had a reverse senior moment. I seem to recall there was a lot of discussion both here and at Rendo when this issue arose so there must be someone out there. I do also recall replying in a thread the combination I was using at the time to help someone else out but on which site or what forum I don't know. Even knowing in which version the daz -bryce bridge was first included would help a lot.

chohole, is there any way to bump this thread to get some more exposure?

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

Unfortunately the answer to that is no, not until we find the magic switch that will allow new posts to bump threads, as used to happen on the old forums.

At the moment the web guys are concentrating on the store, before they move over to sorting out the forums.

edited December 1969

Ok! yeah I'm a real dumbass. It's been working all along I have been doing it wrong. I went for a look in the daz3d archive and on page 200 it jumped out and smacked me in the face, here's why. When the daz-bryce bridge was first introduced it worked a little different to how it does now, 1st you opened bryce, then pressed that huge big button they put in there and that opened daz studio, you created your figure posed it and all that, after doing this it's off to the file menu and there it is "Return to Bryce"
    I was also reminded that to add more than one daz figure to the scene you went to the "objects" menu in bryce where you "Broke the link".

Oh! the joys of being old and forgetful

Thanks everyone for your help

Cheers
    GG

clip_image001.gif
    89 x 230 - 11K