"My Runway" - Competition Closed/Free Upgrade to DressShop 2.0 announced (Commercial)

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
edited November 2013 in The Commons

My Runway competition closed on October 31, 2013. Winners will be announced in the next 10 days.

Abalone is also pleased to announce that everyone who purchases DressShop 1.0 will receive a FREE upgrade to its upcoming DressShop 2.0.
DressShop 2.0 represents a major next step for the program:
1. New tabs Materials offers a palette of patterns and materials to be used and previewed
2. New tab of Runway presents a palette of backgrounds and poses, plus a camera tool to capture/email the design
3. New "fold" tool to make plaited dresses
4. Support for WIN8 tablets (gesture and voice control).
...and much, much more!

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Thread moved to the commercial forum since it requires a product for sale

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

Esteemed Moderator!
    We removed that requirement and state that the only restriction for submission is that garment was created after Sept. 15, 2013.
    Any number of garments can be submitted.
    Laslo

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Abalone is pleased to announce its new "My Runway" competition.
    The objective of the competition is to create and showcase NEW garments created with Abalone's DressShop.

It say it needs DressShop to participate.

edited October 2013

Sorry, you guys picked up the unedited version. Now thread is fixed.
    To clarify: any new garment made is allowed in the competition.
    Please simply enter your garment by posting a reply and add the image created.
    Good Luck - we are looking forward to some spirited entries!
    Laslo

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Cloud Nine

01_contest.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 123K
    edited December 1969

Mr. Bigh,

This is very nice! Please keep them coming!

edited December 1969

To encourage entrants to try to create garments with DressShop, we made a FREE 15-day trial available at:
    http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-48396527764316/DressShopTrial.zip

15.jpg
    500 x 650 - 121K
  • hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

I have a question on the contest. I have something in mind to try, but if I did what I am thinking of, it would be recreating a costume or two out of an anime series. Since the anime is copyrighted, would that be prohibited as an entry?

edited December 1969

I have a question on the contest. I have something in mind to try, but if I did what I am thinking of, it would be recreating a costume or two out of an anime series. Since the anime is copyrighted, would that be prohibited as an entry?

No, it won't. The contest is judged on several criteria:
    1. Originality of the design (obviously won't apply here)
    2. Original use of design tools (such as DressShop - for instance). Here you can show of your skills.

Laslo

popup_1.jpg
    650 x 500 - 151K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

When I first saw this competition I was so disappointed. I have been wanting faceshop for some time but unable due to budget limitations, and I have never modeled clothing before. Now, I want to thank you for creating this challenge because of which I attempted to create my first item of clothing. I know it's far from perfect as I only used daz primitives and the dform tool along with the genesis transfer method to make the shirt workable. But, I am going to share it here as it is a proud first attempt. And also, now I know in a pinch I can create something that I may be unable to find elsewhere. Shirt is shown shaded using a peacock shader and a supersuit shader. :)

myShirt_ArmorLeather2.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 145K
    myShirt.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 247K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited October 2013

Just to clarify: is use of DressShop mandatory or any newly modelled clothes are ok, regardless of the program used to model them? It isn't clear to me, sorry.
    And should those clothes be made available to you for inspection or only renders are fine? Any figure or only DAZ3D figures?

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Blue knit

01_Blue_knit.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Just to clarify: is use of DressShop mandatory or any newly modelled clothes are ok, regardless of the program used to model them? It isn't clear to me, sorry.
    And should those clothes be made available to you for inspection or only renders are fine? Any figure or only DAZ3D figures?

DressShop is NOT mandatory - use any tools you want.
    The goal is of course to encourage people who had no skills, time or money to use complex design tools to design dresses easily. Hence our product, DressShop and the offer for a FREE 15-day trial.
    We hope many will take advantage and create garments they always wanted but could not accomplish.
    Best and Good Luck,
    Laslo

edited December 1969

Hot Pink

01_hot_pink.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 67K
    edited December 1969

Here are some design ideas

runway.jpg
    886 x 540 - 91K
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay, I bought the Runway ... thanks for the free trial ... hoping to have time to put all this to good use :-)

edited December 1969

Okay, I bought the Runway ... thanks for the free trial ... hoping to have time to put all this to good use :-)

I am sure you meant to say "DressShop". My Runway is a dress competition on DAZ, open to everyone:-)
    edited December 1969

I am trying to use the trial and I am wanting to add a mannequin. I have exported the genesis figure as an object and moved it into the accessories folder. When I run the program I go to the accessories screen, click on an empty box, and add genesis. I see the word 'genesis' in the box.

From here I can not do anything else with the genesis accessory. I have tried double clicking. I have tried clicking and dragging. I went through the manual, albeit not thoroughly, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Please help.

edited October 2013

Zawarkal said:
    I am trying to use the trial and I am wanting to add a mannequin. I have exported the genesis figure as an object and moved it into the accessories folder. When I run the program I go to the accessories screen, click on an empty box, and add genesis. I see the word 'genesis' in the box.

From here I can not do anything else with the genesis accessory. I have tried double clicking. I have tried clicking and dragging. I went through the manual, albeit not thoroughly, but I cannot figure out how to get this to work. Please help.

It is a little "clunky". The Accessory library box needs to be inside the right screen. First you click on the box containing Genesis. Then you click again and holding down the right mouse button drag it over the garment.
    Once there, you can move it in position.
    We are working on an update that has the mannequins already in place...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited October 2013

I am sure you meant to say "DressShop". My Runway is a dress competition on DAZ, open to everyone:-)

No, I meant the Runway product which is sold in the store ... bundle came with poses for the gals on the Runway ... just have to find some time to dress 'em ;-)

Post edited by patience55 on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I just now noticed this. What an awesome opportunity!

Dress shop intrigued me when I saw it during a prior sale, but I was already spending too much money. I shall try it out.

edited December 1969

top - on the beach

01_on_the_beach.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 141K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    top - on the beach

Wow! Am I right to suspect that you also used our other product, FaceShop to model the face?

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    top - on the beach

Wow! Am I right to suspect that you also used our other product, FaceShop to model the face?

sorry no just DS .

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the trial, just downloaded and created this in just a few minutes, this is going to be fun, now to see what else I can come up with.

shirt1.jpg
    1821 x 1900 - 293K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the trial, just downloaded and created this in just a few minutes, this is going to be fun, now to see what else I can come up with.

Heather,
    This is great to see that you did this minutes after installing DressShop.
    Exactly the reason why we created DressShop as an easy-to-use alternative to expensive and complicated applications:-)
    Good job!
    Laslo

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Haha, the original sample does not fit Josie; it's too big and yet her bust pokes through the front.

Poor girl, she's getting no respect in my runtime!

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:

It is a little "clunky". The Accessory library box needs to be inside the right screen. First you click on the box containing Genesis. Then you click again and holding down the right mouse button drag it over the garment.

I still cannot get this to work. I was able to get the belt to add, but not the genesis. I just tried to get the manual to open and I was told the pdf was damaged and could not be opened. Also, when I select the position to be cut I am able to get the line. But, when I try to click on the area I want to cut I just get a new selection started.

I am using a laptop. Do I need to be using an actual desktop mouse to get this functionality to work? Not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Zawarkal said:

I still cannot get this to work. I was able to get the belt to add, but not the genesis. I just tried to get the manual to open and I was told the pdf was damaged and could not be opened. Also, when I select the position to be cut I am able to get the line. But, when I try to click on the area I want to cut I just get a new selection started.

I am using a laptop. Do I need to be using an actual desktop mouse to get this functionality to work? Not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

did you look at the videos ?
    tells you pretty much what you need to do .

edited December 1969

great start !