Using V4/M4 clothes on Genesis in P9?

michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Let me start off by saying that I started off using Poser 8 not long after it first came out. So ALL of my Gen 4 stuff is in Poser format and in my Poser runtimes. When Genesis came along I dithered until Gen5 came out and i switched to daz. I've been using this since and find it far easier to use. However, now I'm starting in character creation I need to make sure my characters work in Poser too, and will need to do promo renders in Poser.
From what I've gathered so far I need to have the Daz files and convert them to Poser CF to get them to work with Genesis in Poser. But if all my Gen4 clothes are already in Poser format, is there another way I can get them to fit to Genesis properly? A way that doesn't mean I have to re-download all the clothes i want to use, add them to daz, only to convert them to Poser CFs.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

You need to use DS to AutoFit Gen4 clothing to Genesis, but you don't need to reinstall the content - just select the Poser content library (the folder that holds the Runtime folder) as a Poser Content Directory in DS, by right-clicking on the Poser Formats heading in the Content Library pane.

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

You need to use DS to AutoFit Gen4 clothing to Genesis, but you don't need to reinstall the content - just select the Poser content library (the folder that holds the Runtime folder) as a Poser Content Directory in DS, by right-clicking on the Poser Formats heading in the Content Library pane.

Thank you, I'll give it a go later :)
    edited October 2013

Sorry if i have misunderstood, but I already have my poser directories set up in Daz, I was asking how to get them (the Gen4 clothes) to work with Genesis in Poser 9.

Post edited by michellecelebrielle on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

You have to AutoFit them in DS, then save as a Figure Asset, then create Poser Companion Files for them (or use Dimesion3D's importer script for Poser).

edited December 1969

You have to AutoFit them in DS, then save as a Figure Asset, then create Poser Companion Files for them (or use Dimesion3D's importer script for Poser).

Ah thank you, it was the figure asset bit I couldn't work out.