Muscle Veins?

Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

Anyone know how I could add muscle veins to my figure's skin without messing up the texture too much? Thanks!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That would depend on the Figure. For Genesis males I just add the M4 Displacement maps (I'm not sure of the set name) to the Displacement channel in the surfaces tab. It seems to do much better now that we can set different maps to different UV's in the Surfaces Tab. For the M4 figure the set would just work.

Here found the set http://www.daz3d.com/m4-displacement-maps

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Zev0's skinoverlay
    http://www.daz3d.com/zev0

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2013

And note it (The M4 Displacement product) is a DAZ Original, so you can use your $6 off using the October code if you are a PC member, and we get 40% off instead of 30% this month. So you save almost $16.00 that way, and get it for $8.97 if you are a PC member.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I plus 1 both replies. Zev0's set is very good.

• Phantom StudiosPhantom Studios Posts: 203
    edited December 1969

I'm back! lol

Sorry for the newbie stupidness! :)

I am still having trouble figuring out how to get these veins displacements maps to look right? Below is the results I am getting. I am trying to add the M4 SkinOverlay ( veins ) to the arms. You can clearly see my results. I have tried different values and cannot seem to get them to look realistic. Any ideas? Thanks!

Capture.JPG
    1099 x 615 - 119K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

If you're using the set Jaderail posted, that's a Daz only product. For Poser, you'll need to add in a math node between displacement and the image_map and set it to subtract .5. This is only needed when using DS bump/displacement maps in Poser. For maps made for Poser, you won't need to do this.

From there you play the the displacement amount on the PoserSurface node, mindful of the units you have set in Poser's general preferences.

If you want more of a 1-click solution for Poser, Zev0 and Draagonstorm have a Vascularity product for M4/V4 at Rendo (currently on sale for $5.56).
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/vascularity-for-poser/96321/

mathsubdisp.png
    729 x 216 - 67K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

A user at RDNA posted a python script that allows you to use the DAZ M4 displacement maps product in Poser. The python script is on post #27. I haven't tried it, just passing along the information.

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?40908-M4-Displacement-Not-only-for-DAZ-Studio

Cliff Bowman also created python scripts with material presets freebie package for the same product, but I don't know where I downloaded it from originally, nor the archive file name. Maybe somebody else will remember...

edited December 1969

I did what you suggested.... ( using the M4 Displacement Veins Limbs ) keep getting the same results! Getting sort of frustrated!

I'll try and locate that Python Script!

Maybe I am using the wrong type of displacement map? IDK... but I know I am close! lol

Getting the results below...

HELP! lol

Capture2.JPG
    1165 x 670 - 137K
    edited October 2013

I see your problem, you're using the Daz script as the image. You need to locate the texture file under Runtime\textures of the library you installed the maps to.

edited December 1969

I'm.....................back! lol

Still having problems with getting veins going on my figure. Attached are my results. I appreciate anyone's advice. I'm stuck! Thanks

Veins.JPG
    914 x 689 - 114K
    edited December 1969

On Image_Map 2 under Image_Source, are you still using the DSA script as the image like you were in your previous screenshot?

edited December 1969

Hi

I see you found me over at Runtime DNA!

Attached is what I currently have going on. No I got rid of the script. It turned out that my units were not set to inches. I corrected that problem. I did what Bill suggested over at Runtime DNA. The veins look too weak. I would like strong looking veins as he is a barbarian character.

Thanks for checking in and helping out!

Capture4.JPG
    929 x 677 - 113K
    edited October 2013

If you have it set to inches now, try setting it to .5 (half an inch) and see what happens.

/edit
    I remembered Mr Hyde for Genesis uses M4 maps, so I used his vein displacement on M4 in Poser. Here's how mine is set up. Again. using a math node because the maps I'm using were meant for Daz Studio.

veins_displacement.png
    1332 x 387 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Hi....

I'm losing my mind with this vein thing! I'm using the Vascularity Vein Map for M4. I increased the displacement value and I still do not see any change. am I using the wrong texture or wrong map? I'm using the file LimbsDisplaceAll.pz2. I added a math node as well because I think it is a Daz3D product. I put in the values you suggested. I do not see any change in the render.

I have nothing in the bump. Should I be adding a bump map too?

Capture5.JPG
    923 x 676 - 114K
    edited October 2013

EDIT: NM Vask covered it all.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2013

I'm using the file LimbsDisplaceAll.pz2

You're using the pose preset. Images in the mat room need to be IMAGE FILES. You need to find the JPG for the veins displacement from runtime > textures.

You could just click on the pz2 from your library panel (library > pose folder) and it will auto-add the displacement map for you.

edited December 1969

I just realized when going through my library that the Vascularity was a script. I went that route and yes it automatically put the displacement map there for me. I just need to fix my lighting like Willy suggested from Runtime DNA. My character is a barbarian so I am trying to make his veins large and stand out. Now just have to play around with the lighting and increase the veins.

Thank you everyone for helping out! It was useful and very helpful. They should make a book called Poser for Dummies for people like me! lol

:)

Rock on!

I am sure I will be here again :)

edited October 2013

They do, it's called the manual. In Poser, if you go to Help > Poser Reference Manual, you'll be greeted by almost 900 pages of PDF goodness. ;)

Glad you got it sorted though.

edited December 1969

Hey

I'm back again! :)

I am having a new issue with the displacement map I am using. I am using the M4 Strong Displacement Map. I am using a warrior character I found that I had liked the texture. However, when I add the M4 Displacement Map it distorts his face and skin. Doesn't look anything like it is supposed to look like. Part of skin is missing. Is it because the displacement and the texture just aren't jiving? Thanks

edited October 2013

Can you do screenshots of your node structure for the limbs and the face? Also post what your units are set to in Poser's preferences.