How do I do a complete uninstall?

dorough2dorough2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm on a Mac and somewhere in the process of working with DAZ Studio, I screwed things up and none of my content is where it should be. A lot of it is missing. So, now that I have a little DAZ experience under my belt, I think it's time for a reset and start from scratch. I tried deleting everything with the uninstallers and manually threw away any other content folders. Then I reinstalled DAZ only to find that my basic characters like Victoria were gone & my database seemed to still be trying to reference old stuff.

So... how do I get rid of this complete mess & start from scratch?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Not sure that is actually possible. Not with out reinstalling your OS.
    You think I'm kidding?

It can actually be done but it takes some searching to get it all. Not sure about a mac but on a PC you uninstall all you can with the uninstallers then go folder hunting. Search your HDD for "DAZ" and you still may not get it all. Studio is one of the hardest apps I have found to do a clean reinstall of.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

To reset the database itself to default:

On the content library tab, go to the context menu at the top, select "Content DB Maintenance". In there is an option to reset the database.

In the same area, you also want to bring up the Content Directory Manager and make sure only the appropriate content directories that you want are listed as both DAZ Native and Poser Format entries.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

dorough2 said:
    I'm on a Mac and somewhere in the process of working with DAZ Studio, I screwed things up and none of my content is where it should be. A lot of it is missing. So, now that I have a little DAZ experience under my belt, I think it's time for a reset and start from scratch. I tried deleting everything with the uninstallers and manually threw away any other content folders. Then I reinstalled DAZ only to find that my basic characters like Victoria were gone & my database seemed to still be trying to reference old stuff.

So... how do I get rid of this complete mess & start from scratch?

Join the club I'm having exactly the same problems starting on the 4th with Windows, plus after each re-install (6 !) I never have a final "xxxxxxx My Library" either....

Page 4....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3271/

Post edited by Marcuse on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...I was successfully able to delete the CMS from my notebook.

It helps a bit however Studio 4 still runs like molasses because it (the notebook) is 32 bit (don't know why they even bothered with a 32 bit version of such "weighty" app.), doesn't have a dedicated GPU, and barely meets the minimum OGL requirement.