The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Once they start churning, yes. But my Lion Shaman picked up a Vindicator whose previous owner had no further use for it... because they didn't start churning fast enough...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...yeah, that was always my issue with magic in the game.

No real balance between tech and magic save for something like a Fuel Air Explosive, The "Chunky Salsa Effect" (frag grenade in a small enclosed area), a Tungsten rod from orbit., or a couple Cyberzombies (which generate their own negative background count) armed with miniguns.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

2100 and I'm just on way home now - good thing too think I zombie-walked through most of today ;(

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited July 2012

While on the subject of poor days at work...
    I think my favorite line is " I've never gotten any salary... and what's vacation time?" XD
    *edit* When she says "I'm a dead human too" it's because she's half-human half-ghost. Her ghost half is that "flying marshmallow" that follows her around everywhere. Ghosts look like marshmallows for some reason.

Aya: By the way, you're also a living human, aren't you? Why do you work in the Netherworld?
    Youmu: Me? I've never thought of that. But I'm a dead human, too, so... hmm.
    Aya: Don't think on it too hard, or I'll get worried. I just asked so that I might get an answer like "I get a high salary" or "I have a lot of vacation time".
    Youmu: I've never gotten any salary... and what's vacation time?
    Aya: Ah, what a pity.
    Youmu: Oh , I don't need any sympathy... I get a snack at 3 o'clock, and I've gotten sick leave before, I guess...
    Aya: Truly a pity...
    Youmu: Anyways, I've served the Saigyouji clan since I was born, so it's natural for me.
    Aya: I'm starting to wonder if the natural thing to do is always right.
    Youmu: The natural order of things is ideal. They say it differs from person to person, but I’m not talking about that kind of surface-level common sense. The dead belong to the Netherworld and the living belong to this world; the youkai eat humans and the humans defeat youkai. I've been taught that the natural order of the world is everyone's ultimate truth.
    Aya: And one of your 'natural' things is to have no salary and no vacation time?
    Youmu: (Weeping)

And this is the princess she serves. She's 100% ghost unlike Youmu.
    160px-Th13Yuyuko.jpg
    160 x 324 - 12K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I found Doctor Creampuff dead when I returned home from work tonight.

*hugs* Not your fault, new life is sometimes precarious at best.

it is still sad though.

I know I need to spay Melody and the two girl kittens.

are there bugs on the kittens? if bugs are getting to your soda, they might also be in Melody's cat food and on the kittens.

edited December 1969

came across this article on writing goals. :)

How to Set SMART Writing Goals
    https://www.createspace.com/en/community/docs/DOC-1241

it's https, so maybe needs log in to read it.

my createspace royalty came. i thought the threshold was 20 bucks, but seems they've changed it to 10. not exactly enough to buy another block of isbns.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Blech.

Am in hospital with an infected foot from stepping on glass. They're gonna have to operate to dig the last bits out, blech. It came right through my shoe! Had to throw them away.

At least the staff is nice! And my boss is cool, he dropped by this morning to ask if I wanted my work computer (he's funny guy, 'm sure e wasn't serious).

Hope everyone has a better day than I am!

edited December 1969

Blech.

Am in hospital with an infected foot from stepping on glass. They're gonna have to operate to dig the last bits out, blech. It came right through my shoe! Had to throw them away.

At least the staff is nice! And my boss is cool, he dropped by this morning to ask if I wanted my work computer (he's funny guy, 'm sure e wasn't serious).

Doesn't sound like any fun D:
    I'd actually like to have a computer to work on if I were n the hospital. Laying in bed all the time w/o somthing to do would drive me MAD XD

edited December 1969

i reinstalled an older version of FF. maybe that will solve the login thing.

i'm having a hard time with tables in dreamweaver, it won't friggin let me resize the columns.

and the coffeepot eezz empty grawrrrrr zombee schlep schlep

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Blech.

I'd actually like to have a computer to work on if I were n the hospital. Laying in bed all the time w/o somthing to do would drive me MAD XD

oucheez. does the tetanus shot hurt worse than the booboo?

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Blech.

My lovely friend Cynthia brought my Dell writing machine, and this hospital (Austin Heart Hospital) has WiFi. I'm just too gunked up on antibiotics etc. to do anything but watc cooking shows, chat, and post in here with the occasional email.

I have a ton of stuff to read, a glucose tester to learn, and a huge booklet on what to eat, and wen and how to eat it. Sigh.

As long as I can get email and chat,I'll be OK!

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Blech.

oucheez. does the tetanus shot hurt worse than the booboo?

Here's the pain level meter so far:

1 - walking
    2 - bumping bad foot on bed, wound washing
    3 - Insulin shotin ar, anticoagulant in stomach
    6 - Tetanus shot

That sucker HURT!!!!

edited December 1969

Blech.

Oh noes! Real sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. And ouch, that's got to hurt mate, But it sounds like you are being well cared for, at least for now :)

edited July 2012

home at last.

bus over half hour late. then had the bright of going for ice cream so i could wait for the taxi sitting down but they couldn't find the place an hour later i gave up and started walking then the taxi found me then i felt like i had to give extra tip for not giving up even though i'm pretty much tapped out right now. for some reason i keep calling the spanish taxi service even though i only know a few words like horas felices and esta consada and i know the two lls in tortilla is pronounced eeya

hopefully the forums won't give the try again message tonight

making a turkey club sammich, extra mayo.

had a terriblr fight with dreamweaver feh phiiffft, i can't get shadowbox and fly menus to work together on the same page, it's either or, i can't figure it out.

mui consada

i mail ordered a few of those protein shakes that's supposed to be good for diabetics, maybe it will help the fatigue.

and ackk the weather page says 96F tomorrow, that's like 96wtF.

i need to start working on a stat system for my characters, for d-10 and d-2o s

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

it's turning into a Pink floyd evening.

i is just a new girl, a stranger in this town, where are all the good times ... lala - got to turn it off it's depressing.

and on we sweep with thrashing oar ... ... ... hmm. nah
    oh yeah
    du du du - i need yoo tonight, cuz ahm not sleeping, sumthin about yoo babe

edited December 1969

sleepy. falling asleep to sandstorm remix by darude, of all songs.

the sun will come out tomorrow

the birds will be singing so joyfully

mr bluebirds on my shoulder

edited December 1969

John Carter is on TV. Seems like it was at the movies just last week. Ed I hope you have good movies where you are :)

edited December 1969

http://astrozerk.deviantart.com/art/Festive-107236299
    Funny Legend of Zelda pic. Ganon is all dressed up as Santa while Link and Zelda are being all serious, then he shouts "I'M TRYING TO BE FESTIVE FOR ONCE YOU PUNKS!!" XD

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I told Micah that he could not have any of the kitten food I was giving Melody. He ate it anyway. He just finished eating some.

edited December 1969

JOhn Carter was interesting the second time around as well, Kinda retro-hero, modern heroes are far more conflicted by being vampires, werewolves or wizards or something ;)

edited December 1969

Virtual vandalism, enjoy busting up the virtual furniture :)

furniture3.jpg
    800 x 575 - 56K
    furniture3start.jpg
    800 x 655 - 36K
    edited July 2012

I love it when the forum tells me I'm logged in, then I hit REPLY and it tells me to log in >_>
    Anyway. Was watchiung this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypy9coJSHNw and the guy brings up something I never thought of. Vampires are *supposed* to be weak to sunlight, so why aren't they harmed by moonlight (As moonlight is just sunlight reflected off the surface of the moon.). His theory is that they're just more susceptible to ultraviolet rays than humans are - not the sunlight itself.
    I also love this pic of Rumia - apparently its from a comic she's in called "The Whispering Dark". She's the one that can manipulate the darkness itself (Allthough she often runs into stuff while doing so ^_^)

rumia.jpg
    636 x 276 - 133K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Hey neat

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited July 2012

... this new forum software sucks planetoids. I was almost finished with a comment when it "freaked" and took me to another thread, in the process killing everything I wrote.

Apologies, but I am just about fed up with the epic "FAIL" that is this new site upgrade.

FIX THIS GODDAM BLOODY SITE BEFORE IT PUTS YOU OUT OF BUSINESS. I AM REALLY GETTING ANNOYED WITH WASTING WHAT LITTLE FREE TIME I HAVE DEALING WITH SUCH A UNSTABLE BUGGY SITE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW!.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Wow it actually took you to another thread mid-post? Sure it's the forum doing that and not some bot or something hidden away mucking things up? D:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Hey neat

Mmm the picture, the video, or the vampire-UV rays thing?

01bf5fd5b07f56e33795aed8f60ee203.gif
    50 x 50 - 5K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Hey neat

Mmm the picture, the video, or the vampire-UV rays thing?

Both really cool ;)

edited July 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ... this new forum software sucks planetoids. I was almost finished with a comment when it "freaked" and took me to another thread, in the process killing everything I wrote.

Apologies, but I am just about fed up with the epic "FAIL" that is this new site upgrade.

FIX THIS GODDAM BLOODY SITE BEFORE IT PUTS YOU OUT OF BUSINESS. I AM REALLY GETTING ANNOYED WITH WASTING WHAT LITTLE FREE TIME I HAVE DEALING WITH SUCH A UNSTABLE BUGGY SITE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW!.

No apologies necessary at all. So klutzy with fancy web widgets I always blame myself when they glitch :) oh wow no wonder I couldn't get the size thingy right, was assigning big text small numbers. TY! :) And wrong syntax for colour wow size ! size !

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Elephants flap their ears when they get angry. And their tails stick straight up. Wow. Never knew that.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Elephants flap their ears when they get angry. And their tails stick straight up. Wow. Never knew that.

angry elephant, best to stay clear of it's way when that tail goes up. :gulp:

how to tell when a dragon is angry?

This discussion has been closed.