Leaves

Count MarcoCount Marco Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can anyone tell me how the wind-blown autumn leaves were created in this Ksenia promo image?
Is it a DAZ package? Photoshop?
Or any alternative methods suggested for creating blowing leaves.
Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

I'm not positive, but I'd bet its done in Photoshop.

edited December 1969

Now that's a neat pack. Thanks for pointing it out.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

I think you will possibly find that it was done using Nerd's Blowing in the wind tool

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/blowin-in-the-wind-tool/

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think you will possibly find that it was done using Nerd's Blowing in the wind tool

The Cofleck-gnorg one might be better for on the ground leaves, but this one is much more versatile. Never knew it was in the store. Nice.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Darn beat me to it. I forgot the name so it was a pain to find.
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

There's also the scatters series by Traveller over at RDNA http://www.runtimedna.com/Modualz-Scatters-Vol-6-Leaves-2.0.html

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

And just about all of the blown leaf or falling leaf packs out there seem to be maple leaves, so telling them apart is going to be tricky.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

JOdel said:
    And just about all of the blown leaf or falling leaf packs out there seem to be maple leaves, so telling them apart is going to be tricky.
    Oh come on JOdel, it's so easy to make your own for most of the sets. Just a Texture map a Trans map and maybe a Bump/Dis map. And the Texure maps are all over the net. And other stuff is easy too, hearts or flowers ect..
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The Nerd one actually has 4 different leaf maps as well as some others, like petals and snowflakes.

edited December 1969

I just bought Nerds. I have a pack that the leaves would be good in for the promos.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Is it a DAZ package? Photoshop?

I thought that all Daz Store Promos are not allowd Postwork apart from Colour Correction, is that correct? So if that is the case it would have to be a product like the ones mentioned above or a a plane with leaves and trans maps on.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The Nerd one actually has 4 different leaf maps as well as some others, like petals and snowflakes.

...I have it and it is a wonderful effects tool. It also has bees as well.

...oh, and it currently is on sale. As it is not a plugin it should work with any version of Daz Studio.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited July 2012

I made one Random Runtime Render Roulette picture with it:

1. Blowin’ in the Wind’ Tool
    2. Dream Home Yard and Pool Decor Eclectic
    3. Dream Home: Great Room Furniture—London
    4. SilverMoon Colors

As a kid Emily liked visiting Aunt Edwina and Uncle Frank; they were very spontaneous sort of people in general. If it felt like a good idea to grab the living room carpet for sitting by the poolside, along with a small table for a drink, that's what would happen in their household. However, Emily could never decide if the downside of visiting them was...

1) Listening Uncle Frank tell his stories non-stop, on repeat, over and over again

or

2) Looking at Uncle Frank's horrible, horrible 80s hair toupee.

Fortunately a rogue gust of wind removed one variable from play.

plat-rrrr-jun-july-2012_3.jpg
    800 x 722 - 164K
    Post edited by Skiriki on