Josie's Here!

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The Pro Bundle has a nice variety- of course being a teen, family friendly outfits are finally the focus. Anyone else get Josie- and what bundle did you get, or did you opt for just Josie?

Comments

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

ah this is familyfriendly-good to know
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/30579/

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    What is the Lisa Texture for Teen Josie? It's not listed in any of the packages...

ruphuss said:
    Yes. It's full covering and comfortable.

-- Morgan

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2013

ruphuss said:

Yep, it is. As you know, what you morph it into may be something entirely different.
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I downloaded the Lisa Texture and am not finding it. When I do, I'll let you know :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...yeah, just can't see my Leela strutting around the streets of 2060 London in that.

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    edited December 1969

@Novica sorry this was the wrong thread to react on bloodcovered sticks
    calling it mrpointy used by a familyfriendly teen

edited December 1969

In the Pro Bundle (which is what I mentioned) these outfits are fine for family friendly. The foxy striped shirt came down lower (to the waist of the skirt I paired it with) than what it appears in the promo. (Looks shorter to me.) I wouldn't have a teen wear any of these to a fancy restaurant, but they're usable IMO.

http://www.daz3d.com/afternoon-heat-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s
    http://www.daz3d.com/foxy-stripe-shirt
    http://www.daz3d.com/boardwalk-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

edited October 2013

ruphuss said:
    @Novica sorry this was the wrong thread to react on bloodcovered sticks
    calling it mrpointy used by a familyfriendly teen

:) I was rendering some of the tops in the pro bundle so that was my point of reference- I can totally, totally agree that some of those skirts are waaaaay too short- the Sneaking Out Clothes, for example. Boardwalk shorts look okay (not for school, that's for sure.) I usually just take the short tops and kit bash (layer them over something!)

Did a quick render of a family friendly top- and a skirt my child wouldn't be wearing. It's the Phillipa Hair, the Foxy Stripe Shirt, and Skirt is from the Dress Code Violation (and leggings/shoes)

josie1.jpg
    400 x 800 - 181K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I bought it although I am a poser user, I still have hopes that one day genesis will work really well in poser.
    In the meantime I have come across a problem. Everything in the pro set got installed fine using DIM except for the list texture for teen josie 6 which keeps persistantly giving me a a download failed message.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know what Hair the Josie 6 model is using in the Starter Bundle promo where she wears a blue/white striped shirt (second image from the left in the bottom strip)? At first glance I thought it was PH Messy, but the morphs don't look like those available in the Messy Hair.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,739
    edited December 1969

I have bought the Pro bundle. Below is a DS 4.6 Pro render.
    Magnificient Trio...

Josie10pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 239K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

is Teen Josie for Genesis 2 supposed to be 50% off for Platinum Club members? The bundles are 60% off too. Or is the price a sales related bug? Maybe i'm not used to seeing bundles being sold at 60% off.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

The newsletter says PC members are getting an additional 40% off

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Which, from what I can tell, they aren't right now.

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    Frank0314 said:

Which, from what I can tell, they aren't right now.

We put in an inquiry

• gheveyghevey Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

Hello
    How many power up points for the Teen Josie for Genesis 2 Pro bundle?

Thank you

edited December 1969

I would assume just 1

edited October 2013

Frank0314 said:

according to http://www.daz3d.com/pc-anniversary-sale-week-3 platinum club members receive an additional 20% off Teen Jose products.

therefore the Teen Josie base is 30% (base sale) + 20% (platinum club discount) = 50%

The bundles are 61% off. Hopefully someone will address the discrepancy in the different prices. I'd love to stay and follow this thread but I gotta run. later

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

The newsletter I have says 40%

edited October 2013

RIght- in the newsletter, the Josie banner (Under the words Teen Josie 6, it says "Platinum Members Save An Additional 40%" and it shows ONLY the Starter Bundle and the Pro Bundle and character alone.

Then below that, and separate: Save 30% on clothing, poses, and accessories for Josie

Then separate from THAT, Todays Power Up Items, Members get an additional 20% off NEW ITEMS and the Pro Bundle, Starter Bundle are in that section too.

So members should be seeing 40% and 20% off which is 60% off for those Bundles. Everything else is the 50% (the 30% plus members 20%)

Post edited by Novica on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

From what I can tell, with my limited math skills, right now the price is 30% (new product sale) + 30% (PC members) + 20% (PC anniversary) or $ 124.95 * 0.7 * 07. * 0.8 (~ $ 49)

It should be 30% (new product sale) + 40% (PC members) + 20% (PC anniversary) or $ 124.95 * 0.7 * 06. * 0.8. (~$ 42).

At least as far as I can tell.

edited October 2013

my head hurts. too much math. lol. thanks for the explanation. i will need to look for some change behind the sofa cushions and drop them off at the bank after i leave the house. just kidding

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I thought the Pro Bundle price was reasonable. Bought it, having fun. Would wish it would be more than one point, but I like it anyway.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited October 2013

Well, the Pro Bundle is now cheaper than when I bought it a couple of hours ago. This is not the first time this has happened, and I'm getting kind of sick of it. Will they adjust my order if I open a ticket?

Post edited by Mr Gneiss Guy on
    edited December 1969

If you put in a support ticket yes they will credit you the difference

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Anyone had luck with the Lisa texture yet?

edited December 1969

Greetings,

It installed for me last night, but there's no store entry for it. As someone else said, I presume it's like the Bree texture for G2F.

-- Morgan

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    It installed for me last night, but there's no store entry for it. As someone else said, I presume it's like the Bree texture for G2F.

-- Morgan

Sorry Morgan, that was me not being very clear. I was actually echoing your question from earlier, since I'm wondering what the texture actually looks like. If you've got her working, what sort of texture is Lisa?

• Slide3DSlide3D Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Josie adventurer

VR_Josie.jpg
    700 x 905 - 150K
    edited October 2013

Greetings,

Slide3D said:
    Josie adventurer
    Nice! That right there looks like the star of a Young Adult Fiction novel.

-- Morgan

p.s. As November rolls up on us, my mind sees more and different stories in every render...

Post edited by CypherFOX on