The new Itemized Order History area

Comments

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

@AidanaWillowRaven: that's exactly the same way like I made my excel file :-) - only, that I removed the reset parts. Which I now tend to regret :-P

• gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I posted the tutorial at sharecg and also started a free tutorial thread in the freepository, here.

Hope it helps somebody: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62219/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/IOH-spreadsheet-tutorial

Awesome, thanks.

And yeah, add me to the "fix the order history" petition!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

We need an item lookup!

Or if that is not possible at least a clickable set of letters, numbers and other (for names in quotes etc).

Maybe once all the other glitches are sorted out. Programming is like herding cats.:)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I posted the tutorial at sharecg and also started a free tutorial thread in the freepository, here.

Hope it helps somebody: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62219/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/IOH-spreadsheet-tutorial

thank you for the tutorial. To get the pasting to work in Excel 2007 I had to select paste special rather than just paste. Then I selected text. It then pasted in columns. When I selected just paste, the information just pasted into one cell. HTH someone else.

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

AchimS said:
    Kerya said:
    Adding my voice to the "I want a search for my itemized order history"!

Yesssssss! As Orca Tools-Scripts and 3D Condo DAZ are 'put out of business' agin .... Me tooooo!!!!

Oh, and THANKS DAZ, for making us Betatester for the Shop and Forum for FREE :roll:

It's normal for any web business users to be paying beta testers. Just be glad DAZ doesn't go that far!

• McGrandpaMcGrandpa Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I also have a lot of items in my Itemized Order History. 1486 shown here. My last history download from the old account page shows 1496 items after removing all the PC payments.
    Some of you with 2000 and more make me feel less the addict! LOL!
    Yes, we need to be able to search our Itemized History.
    There are no links to the items store page anywhere in Order History.
    We need to be able to sort using any column, up and down.
    I personally would like to see an "ALL" choice so I can download the entire history at one time. 50 is very limiting as it still leaves me with 30 pages of Itemized History.
    Be even nicer to have that choice auto select all the items ready to copy to clipboard, LESS all the extraneous stuff on the page. :D
    If I don't post this I'm sure I'll find even more things to request!!! :)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I created a tutorial explaining how to create a spreadsheet of the Itemized Order History section so that both keyword searches and resetting of items can be done without having to mess with the IOH pages.

I then posted the link to it in the freepository: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/566/

edited December 1969

@AidanaWillowRaven: that's exactly the same way like I made my excel file :-) - only, that I removed the reset parts. Which I now tend to regret :-P

LOL ... yeah. I am loving how the reset can be accessed straight from the spreadsheet. Saves me so much time!

I am so glad someone mentioned making a spreadsheet, and I took the two hours to figure it out and set it up. It is going to save me sooo much headache. I HAVE to be able to search my IOH with keywords because I can never remember file names well enough for alphabetical order to work, or having multiple pages to go through.

Today I'll be using the invoice number links, that copied over to the spreadsheet, to track exactly what products are in my bundles so I quite re-ordering stuff I have already bought in a bundle but forgot ... lol.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep, the order history urgently needs a proper search function at the very least. I'd like it best if it was just all put back onto a single page then I can Ctrl + F for everything. But a reliable, accurate search function would be OK. The current situation is annoying and alienating, and a spreadsheet is of limited use as I regularly buy from a number of different computers. Thanks Daz.

edited December 1969

Yep, the order history urgently needs a proper search function at the very least. I'd like it best if it was just all put back onto a single page then I can Ctrl + F for everything. But a reliable, accurate search function would be OK. The current situation is annoying and alienating, and a spreadsheet is of limited use as I regularly buy from a number of different computers. Thanks Daz.

If you shop from multiple computers, just keep a copy of your spreadsheet somewhere online or on a thumb drive.

It's not meant to be a perfect remedy, but it is a remedy that is making things a touch easier on me.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you shop from multiple computers, just keep a copy of your spreadsheet somewhere online or on a thumb drive.

It's not meant to be a perfect remedy, but it is a remedy that is making things a touch easier on me.

I appreciate the thought, Aidana, and I considered a thumb drive and online storage, of course. I'm saying it's not especially practical in my circumstances. I can see the usefulness otherwise.

Another thought for Daz regarding the IOH. At the moment, the database is ordering articles in titles alphabetically. Anything starting with 'A ...' (e.g. A Curious Chapel, A Thousand and Two Nights) is under A, and anything starting with 'The ....' (e.g. The Cupola, The Gallery) is under T. Really disappointing.

edited December 1969

I appreciate the thought, Aidana, and I considered a thumb drive and online storage, of course. I'm saying it's not especially practical in my circumstances. I can see the usefulness otherwise.

Another thought for Daz regarding the IOH. At the moment, the database is ordering articles in titles alphabetically. Anything starting with 'A ...' (e.g. A Curious Chapel, A Thousand and Two Nights) is under A, and anything starting with 'The ....' (e.g. The Cupola, The Gallery) is under T. Really disappointing.

None of it is practical ... lol. It's a remedy for a screwed up situation.

Another fun note about the alphabetical technique, an apostrophe is listed before any letter. For example: 'Millennium Horse' is not found in the Ms, it's listed before any number or any files starting with A.

Fun stuff!

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)? DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone's account information. You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store -- as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team's full time effort to hold it together.

Thank you for letting me know which department Ito contact. Do I have much hope of success? NO. Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

Did I remove my info from the new stor? You bet I did. I can not buy a single item without my CC info coming back - so, I don't buy.

You talk about the old store coming apart - what about the new one? This is a disgrace. These are just single pieces floating in outer space. I can't smell any glue at all. This is out of the box software? The best on the market? I wonder where the competition found their software.

• edited December 1969

What really bugs me is that when I purchase a product and go to download it I can no longer filter by Mac or PC, and have to scroll backwards and forwards to make sure I've got all the bits I need.

edited December 1969

jcadiram said:
    What really bugs me is that when I purchase a product and go to download it I can no longer filter by Mac or PC, and have to scroll backwards and forwards to make sure I've got all the bits I need.

Me too. Once I put the order in the spreadsheet, though, I just delete the files I don't want (in my case, the mac files), then I download from the spreadsheet. It's a faster download and it's easier for me to see where I am in the list.

• tekuntekun Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

One thing that would be nice, is to have a secondary place to reset your products, like the actual purchase order, since it lists the products you've purchased and now looks like the individual product files.

-jack

edited December 1969

tekun said:
    One thing that would be nice, is to have a secondary place to reset your products, like the actual purchase order, since it lists the products you've purchased and now looks like the individual product files.

-jack

You can do that straight from the spreadsheet and never open daz except for purchases and updating your spreadsheet.

You can do keyword searches, too, to make sure previous purchases are not repeated and also keep track of bundled products, so those don't get re-purchased by accident.

Especially now that the site evidently no longer warns us if we've bought something before, or not.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG! I forgot something entirely! You know that sometimes DAZ3D offers bundles, and in the past bundles had their own identity-code; ps_bn#### (I think). I wish they'd 'disintegrate' the bundles after purchase, so that when you need to reset one item, you don't get a load of other stuff as well reset (because you want to control exactly what items you need). And another thing, the items inside the bundles aren't shown in the Itemized History, so you don't really know if you have that thing.

I'll post an example; say you have deleted the Martian Warmachine-item, but you got it through the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle. You won't find the Martian warmachine in your Itemized History, but you'll find the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle...

My wish is that these bundles act purely as sales-cathegory in your payment history, while the contents themselves are added into the Itemized History-list, thus 'exploding' the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle.

The description of what the bundles contains, should be listed in the email when you buy it, so you have a receipt of having bought those items.

edited December 1969

OMG! I forgot something entirely! You know that sometimes DAZ3D offers bundles, and in the past bundles had their own identity-code; ps_bn#### (I think). I wish they'd 'disintegrate' the bundles after purchase, so that when you need to reset one item, you don't get a load of other stuff as well reset (because you want to control exactly what items you need). And another thing, the items inside the bundles aren't shown in the Itemized History, so you don't really know if you have that thing.

I'll post an example; say you have deleted the Martian Warmachine-item, but you got it through the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle. You won't find the Martian warmachine in your Itemized History, but you'll find the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle...

My wish is that these bundles act purely as sales-cathegory in your payment history, while the contents themselves are added into the Itemized History-list, thus 'exploding' the Think Outside The Box 1-bundle.

The description of what the bundles contains, should be listed in the email when you buy it, so you have a receipt of having bought those items.

That's why I have been resetting my bundles so I can copy the individual file names from the avail downloads page to the spread sheet under the bundle listing.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

jcadiram said:

I find they usually follow a predictable pattern:
    PC
    Mac
    PC
    Mac.

One helpful hint...click and drag the mouse over the plain text to highlight it. Then click on the link to download...the text stays highlighted. That way you can at least be sure of the last thing you downloaded. Be sure to click on the link, though...if you miss and click anywhere that's not a link, it will deselect the highlight. And use Alt-Tab (in Windows) to move back to that window, or click on the title bar of the browser...if you forget and click on the page somewhere, it will deselect the highlighted text.

Hope that helps!

Dana

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

AidanaWillowRaven, it is very kind of you to create a spreadsheet and tut. It will save me lots of time. I actually have a table with all my old stuff, from the former site. Unfortunately, I like how you have everything ordered, incl resets. So I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start on my 3000+ products. :down:

edited December 1969

Wiccan1 said:
    AidanaWillowRaven, it is very kind of you to create a spreadsheet and tut. It will save me lots of time. I actually have a table with all my old stuff, from the former site. Unfortunately, I like how you have everything ordered, incl resets. So I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start on my 3000+ products. :down:

I feel your pain ... I had to copy over page by page. At only 50 per page, it is an endeavor. But once done, it will be simpler to keep up with. I have already reset several things that got lost in my computer shufflings. So between the keyword search ability and the hot link, it's turning out to be invaluable.

Oh, and guys, no need to use my full name ... lol. It's a handful to type. ;P

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your tutorial! :-)

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)? DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone's account information. You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store -- as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team's full time effort to hold it together.

Thank you for letting me know which department Ito contact. Do I have much hope of success? NO. Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

Let us know how this goes for you. Curious.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:

I have sent you a PM. Unfortunately, the PM is not working correctly either. There is nothing in my "Sent" box. Would it be possible to let me know if you have received my PM and if you received all of it.? It is fairly long.

• moonglowmoonglow Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I don't know how up to date this BUNDLE LIST is, but grab it while you can before it too disappears.. http://home.arcor.de/familie.reichow/3D/fwb1.html Then, after they get this forum running correctly, search for the old forums "Fun With Bundles 2" topic.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    pinkdaisy said:

I have sent you a PM. Unfortunately, the PM is not working correctly either. There is nothing in my "Sent" box. Would it be possible to let me know if you have received my PM and if you received all of it.? It is fairly long.

I've sent out a couple dozen PM's they all went through with the exception of one. Them not showing in the sent box is a know issue.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    pinkdaisy said:

There's a checkbox you have to check in order to save a copy of your message in the sent box. :-/

Dana

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    pinkdaisy said:

I got it. Thanks. I sent you a reply.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I have no intention of taking 4600 products and entering them in a spreadsheet because DAZ has messed up. I've been toodling around the store and it just doesn't feel the same. Even if DAZ has a big sale or gives out a ginormous coupon I'm not biting without a way for the store to inform me as to whether I've already purchased something or not.

I'm just assuming they're working on fixing this mess. Until then pfeh.