GenX can't find Gen3 Clone Files

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Ok, this is driving me nuts. GenX isn't able to find the clone .dsf for the Gen3 characters. I have found where these files are being installed, but copying them into the same folder as the Gen 4 characters doesn't seem to help. things are working fine until the time comes to transfer the morphs, and then it says "Error loading Genesis morph: cloneWhatever.dsf"

Anyone know what folder I can stick these files into in order to get them to work? They are not, currently, DSON capable.

Boojum the brown bunny

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

All of my GenX files are in:

C:\Users\<<em>your pc login account>\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX

• edited December 1969

Mine are stored in the public documents/My Daz Library folder. But Genx is only finding the Gen4 files, but not the Gen3 files.

Boojum the brown bunny

edited December 1969

Make sure you're installing the correct versions and bit (32 or 64) for your system. If you look in your product library, the installers with

1.0.0.1 in the file name are for DS4.0
    1.2.0.0 in the file name are for DS4.5/DS4.6.

• edited December 1969

I have DS4_D3DGenx_1.2.0.0_Win64.exe installed and am using Daz Studio Pro 4.6. My Destination Folder for the GenX install is c:\Program Files\Daz 3D\DAZStudio4 I'm using this all on Windows 7 64Bit. My Daz Library is at C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\My Daz 3D Library All Gen4 characters work perfectly (V4.2, M4, F4, H4, A4, etc) and all Gen3 characters throw the clone not found error. The error doesn't give any indication as to what folder it is looking for the files in. The documentation doesn't say which folder it should be installed in.

Boojum

edited December 1969

I found the install location by looking at the filesList on the V3/M3 GenX Page.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14326/file_list

Do you have the folder I posted earlier on your system? I've attached a picture of what's in the folder.

re: the installation location, I started the installer for the V3/M3 Genx product and it too wanted to install to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 so it shouldn't be changed. As a matter of fact, the installer knew it was already installed and wanted me to uninstall the existing files.

I don't know what else to tell you other than to show you where the files are installed on my system. I would expect you need to have them in a similar appdata folder location too as mine GenX for Gen 3 characters works.

You can also submit a DAZ service ticket and ask for technical support assistance.

genx_files.jpg
    528 x 843 - 133K
  • edited December 1969

Those files are there on my system too.. Well poop.

edited October 2013

Those files are there on my system too.. Well poop.

Repeat these specific steps and post a picture your error message:

In the GenX tab,

1. Load Figure: Runtime\Libraries\Character\DAZ People\Michael 3 SR2.cr2
    2. Apply Pose: Runtime\Libraries\Pose\!M3 All Morphs INJ/! All Body Morphs.pz2
    3. Click on the Select button and select: Transfer All: On
    4. Drop down to the left of the Select button: Selected morphs
    5. Drop down to the left of the Transfer button: Michael 3
    6. Press the Transfer button

If that does not result in an error message and the morphs transfer, repeat the steps using the .cr2 and pose that is throwing the error message: "Error loading Genesis morph: cloneWhhatever.dsf"

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • edited December 1969

So I followed your instructions and am attaching the error message I got:

GenxError.png
    592 x 501 - 82K
    edited October 2013

Error makes sense now. GenX for the Gen3 models needs the Iconic Shapes for Genesis for those Gen3 models. Those products includes the clone files. Do you have them?

See the Required Products: box on the three GenX product pages.

Here's a link to the Gen 3 Iconic Shapes bundle: http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis
    See the what's included tab for the three products included in this bundle if you don't need all three products.

• edited December 1969

also, here are screen captures of my C:\Users\boojum\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX and C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Michael 3

Boojum

GenxErrorFiles2.png
    762 x 555 - 124K
    GenxErrorFiles1.png
    762 x 555 - 113K
  • edited December 1969

And the Iconic Gen3 characters are installed in my Daz Studio. Here is a screenshot of the H3 Iconic shape from the Shaping Menu as well as the Daz Install Manager.

Boojum

GenxErrorH32.png
    573 x 248 - 20K
    GenxErrorH31.png
    469 x 526 - 128K
    edited October 2013

Have you tried to do GenX transfer of H3 or A3 morphs? Do you have the M3/V3 Genesis shapes?

The clone files are installed in My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\ in the individual model folder. CloneMichael3.dsf would be in the Michael 3 folder

• edited December 1969

I have all the Gen3 and Gen4 characters, both for Genesis and for GenX.... I get the error on all Gen3 characters, but not on the Gen4 characters. However, now I think that it is some sort of an install error because they ARE working on my laptop. So I might need to uninstall all the Genx and Gensis files, uninstall Daz Studio, re-install Daz Studio, and re-install all the Genx and genesis files. *sigh* Not fun, but that may solve my problem. Thank you for all the help so far.
    Boojum