Dark Raven Reloaded- Question

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought dark raven reloaded, and in the promo art, has the male outfi has sort of a dark cloth covering his chest like a t-shirt. Is this a shirt I'm missing in the set?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dark-raven-reloaded?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Dark+Raven+Reloaded&utm_content=Hottest+Show+In+Town&utm_campaign=Hottest+Show+In+Town+10_09_12

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Could it be a 'let's show some cleavage' morph?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited October 2012

You beat me to it SereneKnight! I was gonna ask this question.

Try as I might, I cannot find any morph to close up the shirt like it shows in the promos, leaving my men with an open shirt that is more fitting for a woman than a man.

Does anyone know if there is some way to close up the shirt?

Post edited by Knight22179 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Could it be a 'let's show some cleavage' morph?

Actually, there is a morph like that, but it only opens the shirt wider and doesn't close it.

edited December 1969

And I don't know if there is a missing piece to this outfit or not. Seems like it, though. From the promos, I should be able to accomplish the same look on my men but I can't. I just don't see an option for it. :(

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

The cleavage morph can close the gap - but not completely. It still leaves a V neck opening.

There are also some zipper morphs that don't seem to do anything. At least not for me anyway - the zipper doesn't move from its default position.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Looks like an underlying piece of clothing from another set. The suit does not fully close. It narrows yes, but doesn't close fully..

edited December 1969

That sucks. :down:

But hey, I have ways to fix that. I know of a few tricks. :coolsmile:

And it's such a cool outfit. ;-)

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Its a great outfit, and I'll still keep it, but.... I wish the undershirt option was available- for both genders. It would add more versatility to the outfit, and it looks a bit odd on male genesis...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Just use a vest from another set and set it to black via material shader or texture. I'm sure you can find a freebie somewhere.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited October 2012

Gone said:
    The cleavage morph can close the gap - but not completely. It still leaves a V neck opening.

There are also some zipper morphs that don't seem to do anything. At least not for me anyway - the zipper doesn't move from its default position.

If you increase the limits (and ideally the sensitivity) for the Zipper morphs, like, a LOT, you can get it to move. Although it only moves the small...metal...thingy...OK this is where my English capabilities end ^^ Now that I think about it, my native language, too :/

Well, what I mean is I don't even see the point to those morphs, not sure if they are working as intended. Even if you increase the limits they don't seem to do anything physically reasonable :D

And why are those extra morphs not even mentioned on the product page? I mean it's still a point in the item's favor, right?

Post edited by Barubary on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Quick Tip: Just use the Genesis K4 Tankini as the undershirt. You all have it with your install.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Quick Tip: Just use the Genesis K4 Tankini as the undershirt. You all have it with your install.

Hey, I didn't even think of that. I would have just cropped the biggest image I could of the Dark Raven's texture and pasted lots of those on a blank huge page in the GIMP (and create a bump map too). Then copy/paste the texture of the outfit to the torso of Genesis. Then in diffuse, get rid of the texture then seek out the one I messed with and paste it there. Boom. :)

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

So was that the solution? Create an undershirt from another product? I just bought this outfit -- specifically because of the (now alleged) male fit. Wish I had seen this thread earlier....

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Dark Raven was originally created for V4. The Reloaded version was created for Genesis but the vendor still seemed to be aiming the outfit primarily at the female Genesis rather than the male.

You can kit bash and use the Genesis K4 Tankini which is part of the Genesis Starter Essentials and therefore comes with DS. You can retexture it but try simply changing the diffuse surface setting from white to black to see if that works.

Another way is to create a second skin texture for the torso.

edited October 2013

Gah! I rarely return items, but the promos for this are genuinely disingenuous. I saw the earlier solution about using the K4 clothing item. That didn't work well for me, so I used the shirt from Hardcore M4. But I still don't like it...

I'll mull it over a bit more...

Evoluton_Test_13.png
    1080 x 1920 - 3M
    Evoluton_Test_12.png
    1080 x 1920 - 3M
    Evoluton-Test-14.jpg
    1080 x 1920 - 774K
    Post edited by Supercope on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

To be perfectly honest, I don't think the product was created for use with the male version of Genesis. The promos leave a lot to be desired. In fact the first promo is practically a joke. Look where the female's head is. It's blocking any view of the differences between the male and female versions on the chest. Which is where it counts.

If you look at the add on texture pack, there isn't a single promo of the product used on a male. Maybe this is one of those products where the vendor should have stated it was for the Genesis female so buyers could beware.

The bodysuit is tight which makes putting another product under it difficult. Putting something over may or may not work.

If you know how to make second skin textures, you could make one. It's been awhile but couldn't you make a torso texture and apply it using the LIE?

edited October 2013

That's what I meant by disingenuous. There are two promos of the male figure wearing the outfit, and one of them has a hint of material in the open space. All of the other male promos have that area covered.

Post edited by Supercope on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

I ended up trying to make a collar fix for it. Not sure if I have it on my disk as a DIM update may have wiped it out though.

http://male-m3dia.deviantart.com/art/The-Hunter-348381678

edited December 1969

That's good. I may return the outfit and go back to autofitting Ensign for M4.

• AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Did you try changing the limits on the cleavage morph so you can close it more?

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Modifying the limits here is the best I could get. I had a hard time making this outfit fit to the male figure...

http://erdehel.deviantart.com/art/Wanna-have-a-ride-with-me-341070662

edited December 1969

Not in front of the computer at the moment, but I recall setting the cleavage morph as high as it would go, but it stretched the texture. Did either you also get stretching when you changed the limits?

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Stretching confirmed! That's why I couldn't do better in the picture I posted.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

You know, I considered buying that outfit the last time it was on sale in part because I thought it included that male version. Really disappointing that the promo is so deceiving, even though I'm sure it was unintentional.