Sixteen stickies? Really?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Did the housekeeping staff get the week off for the holiday?

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

They can't figure out what to do with these things......I have the answer.....

a NEW forum called.....

STICKIES

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Beginning to look like my 'fridge.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I for one thought all Render Contests were going to be in the ART STUDIO Forum from the start of the new Forums if they were not New User Contest. Why do we still have Render contest threads in the Commons? I think just a Post with a link to the CONTEST would be enough. And some stickies Should be ANNOUNCEMENTS in my book not Stickies.

Maybe Just One Sticky that gets Updated to POINT OUT we have a NEW ANNOUNCEMENT. Heck, I'm brain dead 99% of the time and I can think of better ways to run the Forums. Even in it's current state.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

On the stickies I know a bunch were cleaned out but sadly with the forums not moving threads around when there are new posts, it has made stickies more necessary for certain things.

On the mention of ART Studio, render contests can be moved there but it is optional not required. We didn't want to force people to do so. Since the Commons still gets more visibility and participation then many of the other forums, most tend to sway towards wanting things to stay in The Commons while others have given Art Studio a shot. Commercial contests (those revolving around a product or release) can only be posted in The Commons or in the Commercial Forums.

On the Announcements being an option (I believe) when something is marked announcement it automatically switches the thread to where no one can then reply to it :( so anything we or anyone else would want replies to sadly needs to be stickied :(

Hopefully the forums aren't too too far off now from some of the updates we want made and at that time it will eleviate this rather "sticky" wicket and resolve this issue. I do apologize for the inconvenience from now till then though. We agree this is not ideal.

Again I am very sorry and hopefully it will be a thing of the past soon.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

From what is implied Ann you are saying the STORE is almost finished. I know for a fact that the Forums will not get new code untill after the store is working. That has been made VERY clear in many threads. All I'm suggesting are some quick fixes for just the time being, until the forums get some coding. Most of it could be handled by the Admin's.

A Sticky Pointing out a NEW Announcement could be replied to thus allowing members to comment to the new one. All that would be required was asking to Include a statement about the issue being replied too. Thats done in the New Users Help Forum and Nut's And Blots Forum threads when users understand that you can ask a related question in a existing thread.

A Sticky Pointing to the New Render Contest THREADS with a LINK to each one would also work by my way of thinking. Okay, only the NONE-Comercial contest go into it. That would benifit all users later. If only Comercial contests were in the Commons the users would get used to finding the other Render contests in the Art Studio. And the Dead Contest list could be dropped as they died after the winners were announced. The Art and thread would Still be here to be found and most users would learn what forum they were in by that time.

I'm just wishing for a better Forum. Not to make it harder for anyone.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2012

in the short term they could unsticky the following

Happy 4th of July from DAZ
    48 Hour Sale on Unshaven for Genesis
    DAZ Rocks the New Store Sale
    Let Us Keep You Cool with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale

they are all past their prime.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

in the short term they could unsticky the following

Happy 4th of July from DAZ
    48 Hour Sale on Unshaven for Genesis
    DAZ Rocks the New Store Sale
    Let Us Keep You Cool with the DAZ Beat the Heat Sale

they are all past their prime.

Thanks so much for that list! I will go double check and see if they can be released. If so I'll get them unsticked as that should help. Thanks so much for looking them over and pointing those out! It is greatly appreciated! :)

edited December 1969

OK double checked and got the OK so those 4 threads are now unstickied. So now we are down to 12 stickies....that's better? :) I'll go look through some of the others and see if I see anything else. :)

edited December 1969

OK got it down to 10 now :) I think that is about as low as I can go atm but I hope it helps with the issue some. If anyone finds any other thread that has expired that I may have overlooked, please let me know :)

edited December 1969

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Some of us actually want to see the whole first page become nothing BUT stickies! :-)

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Better a sticky than a schticky.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Better a sticky than a schticky.

Coldrake

Watched that, which was funny. But then I saw a link labeled "ShamWow Guy Beats Hooker" classy stuff there.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    From what is implied Ann you are saying the STORE is almost finished. I know for a fact that the Forums will not get new code untill after the store is working. That has been made VERY clear in many threads. All I'm suggesting are some quick fixes for just the time being, until the forums get some coding. Most of it could be handled by the Admin's.

A Sticky Pointing out a NEW Announcement could be replied to thus allowing members to comment to the new one. All that would be required was asking to Include a statement about the issue being replied too. Thats done in the New Users Help Forum and Nut's And Blots Forum threads when users understand that you can ask a related question in a existing thread.

A Sticky Pointing to the New Render Contest THREADS with a LINK to each one would also work by my way of thinking. Okay, only the NONE-Comercial contest go into it. That would benifit all users later. If only Comercial contests were in the Commons the users would get used to finding the other Render contests in the Art Studio. And the Dead Contest list could be dropped as they died after the winners were announced. The Art and thread would Still be here to be found and most users would learn what forum they were in by that time.

I'm just wishing for a better Forum. Not to make it harder for anyone.

Somehow I missed this post earlier *blush* sorry about that.

This forum (sadly) doesn't come prepackaged with a lot of the features built in (or at least not when part of Magento) that is needed to get it functioning the way we would like. :( Most things we need fixed/changed (and yep I know the list is vast) actually need modifications installed in order for them to work. Some things would be quicker then that to fix but still need someone from web with physical access to the DAZ3D servers to actually fix, and those with that access are all purposed to the store at the moment :( We hope that it shouldn't be too much longer though before the weird store oddities are a thing of the past (won't we all be thrilled there....I just had to call support today about a stuck order myself LOL)

On your ideas, we have discussed possibly doing that and it may be an option though some are out of the office that I would like to ask for an opinion on it (just to be sure we aren't missing any pitfalls) so it may need to wait till Monday before I can determine.