Genesis Towels by Sickleyield and Marieah WIP [Commercial}

2»

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that. I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won't split. :D I'll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I've got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Actually, I think one of the big advantages of your products is the large amount of custom / movement morphs they tend to have. It's such a big plus, yet unfortunately, a lot of today's clothing comes with only 'fit' morphs.

Thank you! I try to make products that I myself will want to use in renders (in that rare moment when I have time to render for fun instead of just for promos).

Here's a shaving or kick-appropriate pose using the optional JCM for the Bend value of the thigh handles. Clearly the Genesis fem here has read the forum TOS, which is why she is shaving in a bathtub while wearing a towel.

ShaveLegsPromo.jpg
    600 x 600 - 169K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

Will the shaving pose be included? What about the mirrored version so she can shave the other leg?

edited December 1969

Nah, it isn't fully custom, it's a pastiche of a couple of V4 and V5 poses. It's very easy to make the towel do that, though. Just bend the handle to -90 degrees and set the same handle's optional JCM to 100%.

We've talked about a pose pack being made and sold separately. It's just too much to do for the main product (it's already got quite a lot of content for us to manage and troubleshoot).

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

An image showing a couple of the Beach Towel texture options:

beach2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 625K
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    There are optional JCMs and extra movement morphs for just that. I personally hate it when I buy a split-fronted item whose front won't split. :D I'll do a couple of demo renders on the rigging as soon as I've got preliminary textures from Marieah.

Actually, I think one of the big advantages of your products is the large amount of custom / movement morphs they tend to have. It's such a big plus, yet unfortunately, a lot of today's clothing comes with only 'fit' morphs.

I have to say (since I have an advanced copy of the set so that I can build an accompanying pose set), I am really, truly impressed with all the fit morphs and extra movement morphs. I mean, this is an "above and beyond" clothing set. You all will be totally blown away with the quality of work and craftsmanship.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Tentative question: will you need DS4.5 or will DS4.0.3.47 work too?
    And will the fuzzier materials kill the opening of DS scenes like the fur shaders?

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Tentative question: will you need DS4.5 or will DS4.0.3.47 work too?
    And will the fuzzier materials kill the opening of DS scenes like the fur shaders?

It's tested only in the current release version of DS which is 4.0.3.47. There is no reason why it shouldn't work fine in 4.5. I really wouldn't use a beta program to develop a product without a very good reason.

Shader Mixer has issues with the saving of scenes. The issue is not with Furify at all, which previously had no issues of this kind at all. These issues were introduced in a subsequent version of DS persist in version 4.0.3.47. I don't know whether they are fixed in 4.5. One hopes they are as a fair bit of work has apparently gone into Shader Mixer. There is nothing than can be done within Furify to change this.

I've included a "restore default surfaces" preset so people can remove the furry shader before saving the scene.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sorry - I didn't want to step on toes. It's just that I do have the Fantasy for Supersuit and it does include two of the Furify shaders. I wasn't so happy not to be able to reopen a scene, that is all. I have made it a habit of rightclicking on one of the furified material zones to change all to something harmless before saving. Other shaders don't have that problem, that's why I asked about the longer fuzzy materials ...

edited December 1969

FeralFey said:
    Barubary said:

I have to say (since I have an advanced copy of the set so that I can build an accompanying pose set), I am really, truly impressed with all the fit morphs and extra movement morphs. I mean, this is an "above and beyond" clothing set. You all will be totally blown away with the quality of work and craftsmanship.

Thank you! It's very nice to hear that from someone who's gotten to play with the goodies. I'm quite liking your poses in my current promo rendering as well (I'm certainly eager to see the male ones!).

edited December 1969

Thank you! It's very nice to hear that from someone who's gotten to play with the goodies. I'm quite liking your poses in my current promo rendering as well (I'm certainly eager to see the male ones!).

Will be sending you some presently. (Color me embarrassed that I didn't get them to you yesterday. I was zozzed when I called it a night.)

edited December 1969

I'm just adding some partials so you can apply your chosen toweling, then quickly apply a print to it if you don't want to use just a diffuse color.

I'll also add some layered dirt - soiled and filthy - that can be clicked onto any texture. I'll get the update to you two later today.

edited July 2012

No problem, we all have days like that. :-)

Edit: I crossposted with Marieah. That's exciting and I will look forward to it as well!

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Marieah said:
    I'm just adding some partials so you can apply your chosen toweling, then quickly apply a print to it if you don't want to use just a diffuse color.

I'll also add some layered dirt - soiled and filthy - that can be clicked onto any texture. I'll get the update to you two later today.

Oooohhhh! Dirty towels! That will be cool. But then I'll have to come up with a dirty soap texture for my soapbar prop I spent all of today building. I wanted to build a razor or a step stool instead because the comment made by Miss Bad Wolf (at least I think it was her) got me thinking about adding a couple of shaving poses to the set. If I'm not careful, I'll wind up making more poses than I have sense! Lol.

edited December 1969

Fist go with towel texture added. The chosen towel weave is fairly flat in this case. I wanted to try one of FF's cute ducky poses.

Now for for a dirt test...

Ducky.jpg
    700 x 910 - 506K
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:

Thank you! I try to make products that I myself will want to use in renders (in that rare moment when I have time to render for fun instead of just for promos).

Here's a shaving or kick-appropriate pose using the optional JCM for the Bend value of the thigh handles. Clearly the Genesis fem here has read the forum TOS, which is why she is shaving in a bathtub while wearing a towel.

YOU'RE THE BEST!! It is mine the moment it hits the store!!

Alexa

jcdragon-nod.gif
    50 x 50 - 14K
    jcdragon-drool.gif
    50 x 50 - 18K
    jcdragon-want.gif
    50 x 50 - 3K
  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited July 2012

Nah, it isn't fully custom, it's a pastiche of a couple of V4 and V5 poses. It's very easy to make the towel do that, though. Just bend the handle to -90 degrees and set the same handle's optional JCM to 100%.

We've talked about a pose pack being made and sold separately. It's just too much to do for the main product (it's already got quite a lot of content for us to manage and troubleshoot).

Once I have the towel, I would be willing to make a pose pack for it. :)

Alexa ;)

Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
    edited December 1969

Here's a render showing some of the dirty textures. To get this effect, one would first apply a toweling and an edging shader, then click a print onto it (pale blue stripes in this case), and then click some dirt onto the selected surfaces.

Dirty.jpg
    700 x 910 - 507K
    edited December 1969

I thought you might like to see the material zones and the Prop Towel morphs. You can, of course, combine them for infinite variations.

Propmorphs.jpg
    700 x 910 - 386K
    Mat.jpg
    700 x 910 - 280K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Looks Great!

edited December 1969

The pose set is coming along nicely. Marieah's been using some of them in her promos, I see. (Big ol' smiley face here.) Once I get some promos together for the set, I'll post them, but it might be a few days. My desktop pc died a few weeks ago and I'm having to do everything on my laptop, which slows the process down a bit.

But to give you some idea of what I've got cooking so far: about 45 poses for Genesis Basic Female and V5 (6 of those are to place the rubber duck in position in her hands, and another 2 of those are to place the prop towel in a hanging position from either hand); 16 (for the moment, as I'm going to build some more) poses for Genesis Basic Male and M5; and a couple of props (floor scales, pedestal sink, smart prop bar of soap and a regular soap bar prop.)

OK, enough chatter from me. Time to get back to it.

edited December 1969

And here's one to show how well it sits...

Female-Hip.jpg
    700 x 910 - 617K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I see some gem shaders sneaked in! Clever! :)

edited December 1969

Just letting you know that Daz have purchased the Towel Set from SickleYield and myself, so we are no longer in control of the timing for its release.

Main.jpg
    700 x 910 - 492K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252
    edited December 1969

Ah. Hopefully at some point before the autumn sales. They had one in August last year, iirc.