We need a GENESIS DRAGON or Genimal-Genesis Animal

Panzer DragoonPanzer Dragoon Posts: 11
edited July 2012 in The Commons

I've been thinking lately what else is there for Genesis technology? We have Genesis, and we have the Genesis supersuit but what is next?

Genesis Super Skirt?

I've been thinking some of the old dragons could use an update, but really they may be better off starting from scratch. Hence the GENESIS DRAGON.

I think we can see the possiblities here. I faintly remember the old forum having a discussion on some four-legged genesis creature and it's potential. The GENESIS DRAGON would not really just be a dragon, but the springboard for four legged fantasy creatures. For branding purposes calling it a dragon sounds most impressive.

Of course this creature would inherit all the benefits of Genesis tech, I won't list the technical bits but lets get to the fun stuff.

The ability to mix and blend various dragon heads, or griffons or whatever!

Geo-grafted bits. I'm not talking about "pro" bundle type stuff either! Wings, tails, claws, beards, spikes etc could be added

The base dragon body would not have wings or tails, those would be geo-grafted for maximum flexibility. This way you could have a wingless "dragon" or a dragon with more than 2 wings. This would also allow the wing attachments to vary more dramatically. You could more feathery wings (for a griffon) or really fanciful dragon wings or simple insect wings.

Same idea for tails, you could have a two tailed dragon, or no tail at all. Or a very short tail or a very long multi segmented tail.

I think limited the tail or wings to one particular skeleton or UV mapping scheme would be limiting, but I think it is possible to come up with base body skeleton and UV that may work well for a variety dragon types.

I know I'm not the first person to think this up, but I figure this post may get some dicussion going again for entertainment value. I doubt anyone will every make my magical GENESIS DRAGON since it would cost a fortune :( I'm sure there are some challenges in designing this I'm over

If this dragon were to exists what else could we make out of it? A bear, maybe even an alligator?

Post edited by Panzer Dragoon on

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited July 2012

There was, in days of yonder, at the old forum (and in Platinum Club section too!) talk about "Genimal" -- Genesis Animal. Content creators -- such as Emperor Ken of Songbird fame -- chimed in with their observations (that is, "it is going to be difficult").

However, I keep dreaming of Genimal. :)

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • edited December 1969

Genimal would be fantastic I think, chimeras alone would be soooo fun. However, I could see them splitting it up with GENDRagon and GENDog etc which would let them cash in better and maybe make the models look better. Would be a bummer though not to be able to do something like dragon with Pug head! ;)

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited July 2012

I think this would be a great idea. I could see the issues with how animals have different limb structures, but perhaps there could be two or three versions to handle the differences. Like a GENDragon, GENDog and a GENHorse.

I think the head shapes should be universal though! That way you can put a horse head on a dog :)

Everyone would be happy.

I would like to be able to add armor too. During the sale I just purchased a Millennium dragon armor set and millennium horse armor as well. That could be a problem, especially with geografted add ons but I think it could work with some exceptions. For example you would know that adding 4 wings is not compatible with said armor, but a single pair would be fine.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

My suggestions were GenQuadruped, GenBiped and GenAquatic to cover most basic bodyshapes...

• Tashar59Tashar59 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Genimal? What a horrid term.

We have been asking for a Genesis Quadruped Base since the beginning of Genesis.

Let DAZ fix this so called web store and forums first. Because we know how things work around here. "On to the next shinny and not bother finishing anything.

Who knows but DAZ and maybe some PA's and ninjas that there may already be one in the works. It would be a nice addition to the genesis family.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Must have Millennium Cow FIRST!

Even if it is for Genocide.

At least then Skankwear would be easier to fit on our Bovine Heroines :D

• Tashar59Tashar59 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

With the quadruped base, that's a real possibliy. But if that happens. Then what are you going to rally for in the next 10 years. LOL.

edited December 1969

Tashar59 said:

With the quadruped base, that's a real possibliy. But if that happens. Then what are you going to rally for in the next 10 years. LOL.

SKANKIER SKANKWEAR FOR THE MILLENNIUM COW!!

What else?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I agree that it would be great to see a genesis figure for four legged creatures. I would particularly like to see a new cat figure.

Skiriki said:
    My suggestions were GenQuadruped, GenBiped and GenAquatic to cover most basic bodyshapes...
    This sounds like a good starting point but I think the quadraped would need further breaking down into categories to suit bone structure.
    It would be nice to have add on packs to provide variety but given how geografting works each figure would have to have it's own pack. IIRC Rand said something about the way the geografting join works that would make it difficult to reuse the same pair of wings for each figure. It was mentioned when someone suggested using older models and adding the geografted section to them.
    One question that does occur to me though, is it possible to add geografting to an older figure that has been converted to daz weight mapping?
  • GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Oh, yes ! Please ! That would be a great idea for a new product ;) I hoped for it, since I saw the first videos for the Genesis figure :coolsmile:
    And I still hope for it, because of all the shape-changing figures of the fantasy-genre, which would be much easier to perform, if - let's say the Genesis human could be fusioned with a GenDragon, a GenWolf, GenBird or a even a GenAnt ;-P - and if it would be at a price, which would be affordable for everybody, it would be really a hit !
    So, pleeeeeeeaaaaaase - develop it !! *holdingouttheheartflower*

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Legs are a real problem especially knee and shoulder placement. Also compare an elephant's hind legs to a horse and watch them both walk.

I'd settle for a GenCritter with head, body, tail and four legs. We could create our own species!!!

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

:lol: I don't know whether to get excited or moan! LoL

The ideas here are fantastic! As well as the one that it will be a great distraction from fixing all this stuff that's
    driving us bonkers. :ohh:

Perhaps, with the Genimal there can also be Geneshape (for generic shapes). That way we can build a GeneCart full of GeneManuals to put in front of our GeniHorse. :-P

;-) Sorry. Couldn't resist, LoL.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Legs are a real problem especially knee and shoulder placement. Also compare an elephant's hind legs to a horse and watch them both walk.

Legs nothing! Do you have any idea how male elephants use their... err... member? A fifth leg to balance whenever they need it. Seriously. I'm not joking.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Geografting is an excellent option for quickly adding additional geometry to any base. If there was a genesis quadruped, a bit of geografting can get you nice horns, etc. ;)

And remember that the Genesis methodology allows for adaptive rigging so different rigging for legs off of the same base shape is quite possible. Quite a lot of trouble, but quite possible.

edited December 1969

Old MacGenesis had a farm,
    Ee i ee i oh!
    And on that farm he had some GenBipedals,
    Ee i ee i oh!
    With a click-click here,
    And a click-click there

Here a click, there a click,
    Everywhere a click-click
    Old MacGenesis had a farm
    Ee i ee i oh!

Ee i ee i oh!
    And on that farm he had some GenQuadrupeds,
    Ee i ee i oh!
    With a dial-dial here,
    And a dial-dial there

Here a dial, there a dial,
    Everywhere a dial-dial
    Ee i ee i oh!

Ee i ee i oh!
    And on that farm he had some GenAquatics,
    Ee i ee i oh!
    With a fit-to-click here,
    And a fit-to-click there

Here a fit-to, there a click,
    Everywhere a fit-to-click
    Ee i ee i oh!

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

I've been thinking lately what else is there for Genesis technology? We have Genesis, and we have the Genesis supersuit but what is next?

Genesis Super Skirt?

Someone suggested Genesis hair.

edited December 1969

I did that. :) Although I think that what Alessandro is up to nowdays with his Look At My Hair project, it might be pretty obsolete bit of tech.

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

We all want...

GENESIS DRAGON! GENESIS DRAGON! GENESIS DRAGON!!

MUST HAVE NOW!!

Alexa :ahhh:

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited September 2013

Joe Quick made a Genesis Mouse, so I would think a true Genesis Dragon would be feasible, one morph for a full dragon and one for Dragon Dress Up. Heck, if Joe needs incentive start up a Kickstarter for pizza money and I'll donate.

And I'm not keen on the idea of making DIFFERENT Genesis models (ie a quadraped base, etc) the beauty of Genesis is that it can take clothing props and mold in to things it probably shouldn't be molded to. Like a Genesis Dragon in a Bikini.

Post edited by GhengisFarb on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited September 2013

I created a Genesis Quadrupedial Base morph some time ago.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70121/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Quadruped-Genesis-1-Morph

I then used the base morph to create two dog morphs for the Genesis figure.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70140/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Handy-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

I've released these morphs as public domain so anyone who wishes to if perfectly free to utilize these morphs to create their own quadrupedial animal morphs.

Who doesn't like dogs in peoples clothes.

genesis_dog_in_clothes.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 237K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Joe Quick made a Genesis Mouse, so I would think a true Genesis Dragon would be feasible, one morph for a full dragon and one for Dragon Dress Up. Heck, if Joe needs incentive start up a Kickstarter for pizza money and I'll donate.

And I'm not keen on the idea of making DIFFERENT Genesis models (ie a quadraped base, etc) the beauty of Genesis is that it can take clothing props and mold in to things it probably shouldn't be molded to. Like a Genesis Dragon in a Bikini.

The dragon would have to be fairly small as I don't think there are enough polys in Genesis for a full size MilDragon sized dragon.
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

The dragon would have to be fairly small as I don't think there are enough polys in Genesis for a full size MilDragon sized dragon.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-shapes-for-genesis/97223

That one's got a dragon like head (and now that, thanks to your help, I've learned to import textures and shapes not DSON for Poser ready I'm looking at for Dragon people).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...I have to side with Sockratease. We need the Genesis Cow.

We already have Horse2 and the Llama so what would it take to release Cow2?

...and after that Cat2 and Dog2?

edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

That's Slander!!

I NEVER said that!

I specifically demanded The Millennium Cow.

I really don't want to have to learn Genocide. Although that is probably the only thing that could get me to try it.

I just can't adjust to the DS|New interface. And I can't afford Cowrarra 8.5, which is supposed to handle Genocide natively (but my experiments with the beta were not encouraging).

I do like what folks are doing with Joe Quick's Mousie, but I don't know...

We need MORE stand-alone figures, not less! Gimme a good old fashioned Cow-R-2 file any day over a DU(M)F file. My senile old brain can handle those...

Kids today and their Genocide Toys...

BAH!

HUMBUG!

Post edited by Sockratease on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That's Slander!!

I NEVER said that!

I really don't want to have to learn Genocide. Although that is probably the only thing that could get me to try it.

I just can't adjust to the DS|New interface. And I can't afford Cowrarra 8.5, which is supposed to handle Genocide natively (but my experiments with the beta were not encouraging).

We need MORE stand-alone figures, not less! Gimme a good old fashioned Cow-R-2 file any day over a DU(M)F file. My senile old brain can handle those...

BAH!

HUMBUG!
    Why would you have to learn DS? I can't figure DS out at all Between DSON for Poser and D3D's script I use all the Genesis stuff in Poser.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That's Slander!!

I NEVER said that!

BAH!

HUMBUG!

...apologies, was late and my brain was tired (running a lot of test renders at the same time trying to get deal with figuring out these UE Area Lights for a scene I'm working on).

...however, just for the record:

...so it really wasn't misrepresentation.

You know Daz will never go back to the "old school" again. For them (as with most software developers) it's "To infinity and Beyond!

...oh and BTW I've been on enough trips around our stellar primary that if stretched out in a straight line, it would leave Voayger 1 far behind in the wake. ;-)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

With the right textures, Tauran II could make a dandy cow. And it is a Genesis shape...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I created a Genesis Quadrupedial Base morph some time ago.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70121/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Quadruped-Genesis-1-Morph

I then used the base morph to create two dog morphs for the Genesis figure.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70144/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Ghastly-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/70140/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Handy-Dog-Genesis-1-Morph

I've released these morphs as public domain so anyone who wishes to if perfectly free to utilize these morphs to create their own quadrupedial animal morphs.

Who doesn't like dogs in peoples clothes.

Thanks for sharing these, I think I can have a lot of fun with them. They should give a lot more utility to the Creature Creator morphs.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hfs-shapes-for-genesis/97223

That one's got a dragon like head (and now that, thanks to your help, I've learned to import textures and shapes not DSON for Poser ready I'm looking at for Dragon people).
    Sure, a human sized head, which is nowhere near the size of an actual dragon. ;)