2 More Freebies - Free SteamPunk Computer (RTG) & Sci-Fi Set/Hi-Res 4K System.

mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Opps - forget to post these last week.

First up is the SteamPunk Computer - Red Tape Generator

Created by those rather beastly Global Cabals machines so evil they can drive a grown chap to tears. Devices so secret that a mere mention can result in a severe punishment, such as a darn good slippering from your man servant...yes it's the mythical Red Tape Generator!

Finished in wood and brass with interior details, the dastardly device you see here is a modern steam powered computer and contains features such as ...

The Pettiness Generator for setting such as small-mind ness and meanness.
The Dumbo-O-Matic for defining stupidity and levels of pointlessness.
The Frustratron to set levels of customer frustration.

Also on this deluxe version, is the B.S.A... The Bull Shot Adder, which comes with a ear trumpet for use with those new fangled telephony and interweb services. Plus a tray with fresh steaming BS.

Comments

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited October 2013

Plus theres more, a mix of 3d concept and sci-fi room freebie.

On real 4K TV's, 4 very thin layers are stacked close together. So I've made a free prop for you which uses transmaps with varying degrees of blur on each layer to which replicates this effect. All combined together into into ONE SINGLE prop, so it's incredibly easy to use.

Theres an extra SF room with this built in. Though if you don't fancy playing with the hi-res stuff the sci-fi set will work just like any other prop. Full instructions and tips are contained with the readme.

Both files - the steampunk computer and this sf/4K set are freely available at...
    http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/3d10own.htm

4k_sample.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 111K
    Post edited by mrsparky on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Oh noes!
    I just read about your site in danger of closing down :O
    That's horrible ;(
    Hope you get the much needed donations!

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Oh noes!
    That's horrible ;(

Where is that ? where is that posted??

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Oh noes!
    That's horrible ;(

It's on their main page: http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Estroyer said:
    Oh noes!
    That's horrible ;(

It's on their main page: http://www.sparkyworld.co.uk/

don't see anything there except for freebies?

edited December 1969

You need to go to the store page: http://www.poserdirect.com/

(not sure if I'm allowed to place this?)

• launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited October 2013

Estroyer said:

On the freebies page it states that only the freebie section is going to be affected, well this is what it looks like. To keep getting free stuff you have to buy some subscription. If you click the link at sparkyworld and open one of the latest freebies you will see a notice underneath on the page of one of this new freebies. It states there as from 19th October all freebies might dissappear . Unfortunately in my case I can't as I don't have enough funds to join. :(

I have read the notice at poserdirect but according to sparkyworld only their freebies is at stake. This seems that poserdirect may be closed but not sparkyworld - are they 2 different sites? Maybe it cost too much to run both simultaneously and one maybe closed ... but not sure myself now, quite confusing.

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

Apols if my response to the questions are a little vague, I'm very fearful of breaching TOS.
    So admin if this is wrong, please edit to make it within the rules.

Both sites are mine, Sparkyworld is my personal one. As theres not enough webspace on that I store freebies on the other one, which is the commerical side of things.

Like daz does, the business side at mine is what allows me to cover the costs involved in making and giving out freebies. Simply put without the business side of things there would no freebies.

As for getting my freebies, now (or in future) don't worry theres no membership fees, no subscriptions, no charges etc etc. I've been around poserdom for well over 12 years now and would never force anyway to buy or pay anything. Because doing that would go against the whole spirit of freestuff and that wouldn't be right.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273
    edited December 1969

Thank you for letting us know Mr Sparky. I do have all your freebies, so if you ever lose any, let me know and I can send you the files you are missing. I have only ever come across maybe 2 or 3 items of yours I could not get. You mentioned on your site you are missing the gift bag freebie?, might take a couple days, but will search my disks and see if I have that one.

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Meanwhile, THE STEAMPUNK COMPUTER IS FANTASTIC!!!

edited December 1969

CalieVee - thanks for the offer.

99% of the stuff is backed up - all in one place as well.
    Safer for when editing code at 3.30am and stuffing up :)
    Though if you have the gift bag that would be cool. No biggie if you don't.

Dorseyland - thanks for getting back OT :) And you're enjoying the steampunk stuff.
    Theres another new one - the mindbook chair - as well.

edited December 1969

Mr. Sparky, if we buy something fromt he store will that also support the freebies? Also I'm about to send you a PM :)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

That is so cool!

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Thanks very much. Your stuff's great. Hope the site can stay afloat.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited October 2013

Estroyer said:

Of course you can post this.
    In fact it creates confusion when you don't.

Post edited by tsarist on
    edited December 1969

Sparky

I bought those "Buy everything" bundles last time around.
    I had the drive go down that had those items on it.
    I need to get another download link to replace them.

Do I need to do this soon?

edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    Apols if my response to the questions are a little vague, I'm very fearful of breaching TOS.
    So admin if this is wrong, please edit to make it within the rules.

Both sites are mine, Sparkyworld is my personal one. As theres not enough webspace on that I store freebies on the other one, which is the commerical side of things.

Like daz does, the business side at mine is what allows me to cover the costs involved in making and giving out freebies. Simply put without the business side of things there would no freebies.

As for getting my freebies, now (or in future) don't worry theres no membership fees, no subscriptions, no charges etc etc. I've been around poserdom for well over 12 years now and would never force anyway to buy or pay anything. Because doing that would go against the whole spirit of freestuff and that wouldn't be right.

So, on your site, you say 33 people have donated.
    That means you need another 77.
    Correct?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Sparky World / Poser Direct has been a sponsor whenever I've hosted the Freebie Challenge. It would be good for those of us who take part in the Challenge to give back... or so I think.

For me, Wednesday is payday...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I got paid Friday, so you have a small donation from me. Sorry it is not more, but you know how much we UK pensioners get. :roll:

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Thursday for me, if not before. Would be RIGHT NOW if I didn't have some pretty big bills to pay in the morning which will leave me just about beanless!

Got a reminder set on my phone for Thursday morning!

edited December 1969

belovedalia - yep and replied to your IM.

tsarist - sorry to hear about the drive - just IM with your email and I'll send you new links.
    Number-wise - around 200, as after paypals slice and currency conversion $1.99 equates to roughly £1.20.

ghastlycomic & none01ohone - thanks. Yea I'm hoping to keep it going as well.
    Because it's not about the money or the store, that stuff just gets in the way, it's about the art and sharing the fun of that.

Rob & BlumBlumShub - thanks in advance.

chohole - I see and thank you. Totally understand how generous the nice mr cameron is to pensioners.
    Opps bad sparky getting political there:)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:

tsarist - sorry to hear about the drive - just IM with your email and I'll send you new links.
    Number-wise - around 200, as after paypals slice and currency conversion $1.99 equates to roughly £1.20.

Because it's not about the money or the store, that stuff just gets in the way, it's about the art and sharing the fun of that.

chohole - I see and thank you. Totally understand how generous the nice mr cameron is to pensioners.

to bad you only do paypals ( never use it )

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

mrsparky said:

Oh don't get me started on polly ticks, I'll blah blah blah for hours!

I bought your whole store, now I feel guilty, it's worth far more than that!

Really hope you get the cash you need,
    Barry.

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

thanks a lot! great items...love them!!

edited December 1969

bigh - ever tried prepay visa-cards on paypal ?

I recommend them to my PC repair customers for things like buying tablet apps.
    Perfect for kids as once the card is "empty" they can't overspend on game credits.
    Or get caught out by companies who use recurring card payments, which normally can't be cancelled.

Handy for adults as well, because it limits our poser or techie spend :)

BlumBlumShub - thanks! and yea about 50% there.

mininessie - thanks and yes more freebies comming soon.

In fact a question for you all. What kinda halloween and xmas freebies would you like to have ?

edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    In fact a question for you all. What kinda halloween and xmas freebies would you like to have ?

A Christmas card would be lovely...
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Hang in there, Ace!

• mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

hope you have enough to keep your site!

edited December 1969

mrsparky said:
    Now I can honestly say "You're welcome."

Happy to help - you've helped me in the past often enough.

edited October 2013

A Christmas card would be lovely

Theres something free already like that there, or maybe at another site.
    Along with a load of xmas gift boxes.

Though like your idea. Mr JF has given me an idea for a new mad machine, which you'll be able to get this weekend. Free of course :)

Elowan - thanks chap!

mininessie - it's getting there and I'm feeling more confident now.

robkelk - likewise with many folks here and I feel thats one of the best bits when stuff like this happens.

In fact it's great example of how a community can work together. I now that might sound pithy, but in the real world I'm fortunate to live on a small social housing estate where that actually happens everyday. Same with friends and family, yea some times we fall out, but overall everyone is mellow and it's nice to see that happening here.

Post edited by mrsparky on