LindaBLindaB Posts: 169
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has fastgrab been discontinued?

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

LindaB said:

Fastgrab is mentioned here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=190542 in SKondris post about the new site, last item in his post.

HTH :-)

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

So where do we download the Install Manger they mentioned?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

Not available yet.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

digitell said:

Not available yet.
    OK thanks! ;)

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

LindaB said:

Q: Will FastGRAB still be offered in the new store?
    A: Unfortunately, FastGRAB will not be available when the new site launches. We may relaunch it down the road, but that functionality does not currently exist in our new platform.

:coolsmile:

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

Where's the FastGRAB? Is it going away or coming back?
    When the FastGRAB was just starting I thought "Great, another thing to keep track of."
    but I soon saw the value of it and came to be watching it every day. Is this just another
    one of the changes going on around here?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

It has, at least for now, gone away. It may come back, in some form, but not immediately.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Merged with existing thread about this issue.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

BorgBoy7 said:
    Where's the FastGRAB? Is it going away or coming back?
    When the FastGRAB was just starting I thought "Great, another thing to keep track of."
    but I soon saw the value of it and came to be watching it every day. Is this just another
    one of the changes going on around here?

Skondris said:

Q: Will FastGRAB still be offered in the new store?
    A: Unfortunately, FastGRAB will not be available when the new site launches. We may relaunch it down the road, but that functionality does not currently exist in our new platform.

:coolsmile:

• GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

We want FASTGRAB,

So far the web store and most of the web makeover are DISAPPOINTING to put it mildly.
    Perhaps DISASTROUS would be a better term.

Perhaps you should have asked the users what features they absolutely wanted to keep, rather than just making changes in what seems like change for change sake.

Don't use the underlying structure as an excuse either. The interface is always the most important useability factor -programming should always SUPPORT the interface not force the Interface to be compromised.

Best of luck fixing things.

Dan

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

OhMahGawd! *bounces excitedly* ... I saw the timer at the top of Neftis's sale page, and I wondered if that meant FastGrab was coming back, soon! Doesn't look like it's quite working yet, but at this rate, it will be ... er, shortly, I'm sure!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I noticed that it now shows up under sales and promotions. Don't know whether it *works* mind you, but it seems to be there. And now some also-grabs as well. Although there's no way to tell which is which.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Especially since the Millennium Horse Bundle is a FastGrab of $5.99 when so recently was $1.99.

*Shrugs* Why ask why? ;)

Cheers :)

edited December 1969

It's not making sense. Fastgrab isn't usually Daz Originals, it's PA items - these are all Daz originals

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's not making sense. Fastgrab isn't usually Daz Originals, it's PA items - these are all Daz originals

I assume they're testing it out before setting it live.

• MJ_VivianightMJ_Vivianight Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well they have been saying even before the site switch the problems with dividing the $$ between PAs and Daz originals. Maybe they are just testing out the FastGrab system? So, while it doesn't do much for PC members, might be something in these 'test days' for non PC members to get deals on. Though again, who knows?

Cheers

EDIT: Oops, slower than fixmypcmike. :)

edited December 1969

Well, it's nice that they're working on it, at any rate ;)