The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ode to a Wand, I actually sang this during a game. It took me half an hour to find this.

Oh what a wondrous thing my wand Ya see
    Full of crooks and curves it may be
    I weld it all about
    And with a word and shout
    Many wondrous things come about.

(Chorus)
    He waves it all around
    And Glorious majic does abound
    Oh what a wonderous wand he has found.

I lay it to the left and the right
    And many a villan fall to it's might
    It's one power to every crook
    And one power for every curve
    Each with it's own wonderous word.

(Chorus)
    With just a weirding sound
    Many an Ogre he was run a'ground

Oh what shall I do when charging it needs anew
    A questing I shall be for the works of Rillabe
    A mage of great skill and power
    Who's work few have ever new
    Yet his wand has been a great friend to me.

(Chorus)
    He waves his wand all around
    Many a villian doth he lay on the ground

Yes it's lame and silly but we had great fun that night.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2012

:lol: to the wands and wizards staffs ditties

did yoo know they make the safari browser for pc's, too?

maybe it will solve the logins many times a day issue.

if original trek had started the 'i' thing: ?

tricorder - icorder
    commnunicator - icomm
    tractorbeam - ibeam

can't think of one for Bones's hypo spray

Post edited by Mistara on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Btw, I just tested it -- bookmark a Platinum Club thread (doesn't matter, as long as it is a PC thread), log out of the store, log out of the forum, clear cookies & cache, then pull up that PC thread bookmark and when it asks you to log in, make sure that you checkmark all boxes and log in, and then log in storeside too. Ta-dah. Perma-login. :)

edited December 1969

safari installer rolled back, hit a 2203 or something error. sigh maybe it was the dayjob firewall.

my FF browser somehow went from version 5 to version 13.0.1 when i wasn't looking. i really,really hate the sneaky updates

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

tricorder - icorder
    commnunicator - icomm
    tractorbeam - ibeam

iJect?

edited December 1969

tricorder - icorder
    commnunicator - icomm
    tractorbeam - ibeam

iJect?

:)

Kirk - ilostmyshirt teehee

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good morning all!!!

Careful where you wave that wand, someone might get hurt!!!

Packing up to go to the docs and get my hurt foot looked at, my fever is *gone* this morning so I must be doing SOMETHING right. Then it's back home to take care of myself all day.

My landlady brought me a CARE package: painkiller, hydrogen peroxide, a huge thing of bottled water and a CAN OF CHICKEN SOUP!!! So lunch today will be a tuna sandwich and chicken soup!

Havea a great day! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

which cookie dyu think is the culprit?

not sure if it's possible to manually edit these things.

DazCookies.jpg
    729 x 800 - 125K
    edited December 1969

Good morning all!!!

Careful where you wave that wand, someone might get hurt!!!

Packing up to go to the docs and get my hurt foot looked at, my fever is *gone* this morning so I must be doing SOMETHING right. Then it's back home to take care of myself all day.

My landlady brought me a CARE package: painkiller, hydrogen peroxide, a huge thing of bottled water and a CAN OF CHICKEN SOUP!!! So lunch today will be a tuna sandwich and chicken soup!

Havea a great day! :coolsmile:

don't forget the lectrolytes !!

edited July 2012

Ruby language? woah noes another one to learn.

http://ruby-lang.org
    http://rake.rubyforge.org

founds the site for shadowbox.js
    it's free for non-commercial sites
    http://shadowbox-js.com

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Remove them all after logout.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,684
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I found Doctor Creampuff dead when I returned home from work tonight.

*hugs* Not your fault, new life is sometimes precarious at best.

it is still sad though.

I know I need to spay Melody and the two girl kittens.

edited December 1969

it is still sad though.

I hate to point this out but it is the truth. I believe your Babies are the offspring of direct blood kin IE Brother and Sister from one litter. That can cause inherited problems for the kittens. Just love the babies you have and if all goes well they will be with you for a long time. One can never tell in your position.

I am sorry for your loss.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    it is still sad though.

I hate to point this out but it is the truth. I believe your Babies are the offspring of direct blood kin IE Brother and Sister from one litter. That can cause inherited problems for the kittens. Just love the babies you have and if all goes well they will be with you for a long time. One can never tell in your position.

so incest in real life is generally not good? I know that some mythologies have incest in it, but then that is mythology.

edited December 1969

so incest in real life is generally not good? I know that some mythologies have incest in it, but then that is mythology.

No, not good. Accumulation -- also known as "enrichment" -- of undesirable genes can eventually get devastating. One of the better known examples were royal Hapsburgs, albeit the effect of it is in dispute.

Example: As a practical effect of (linguistic, geographic and cultural) isolation, combined with a very small pool of genes to begin with, marriages between first cousins being regarded as peachy keen (and still allowed today)... well, at the moment Finns have 36 unique/or unusually often found diseases in their genepool. More here. (Just to veer a bit political for a moment, when Glenn Beck interviewed some cuckoo-nuts dude in his cuckoo-nuts show, and that guy went on a rant about "pure Finnish gene pool", it caused plenty of "WTF" amongst those who knew about the side effect of this laughably so-called "pure gene pool".) Oh, and I'm possibly a carrier of two or three of those listed, but since I have no plans for kids, I haven't tested myself; it just happens that my grandfather's and grandmother's side of my mother both have people afflicted with a slew of problems like those.

As Virini (one of the ministers in Centauri empire in Babylon5) remarks of the current new Emperor (who could give several insane Roman ones a run of their money), "...when you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you can't hide as much underneath."

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited July 2012

Yes it is generally a good idea NOT to wave random wands around. Especially if you haven't Identified them first. They might have undesirable effects. (If you're playing Diablo, just grab a scroll of Identify. If you're playing Might&Magic; VIII, dragons are good with identifying stuff - monster and item alike.)
    Oh and yes, this is a common and standard smiley on the RPG Revolution forums. Like this one: :) . See? Common smiley. That you can click and add to your posts. DAZ needs smileys like this.
    Hmm... Little harsher than I remembered it. Might need a violence tag?

velho.gif
    96 x 61 - 29K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I dare you to use unidentified magic items in Nethack and Angband. I DARE YOU!

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    I dare you to use unidentified magic items in Nethack and Angband. I DARE YOU!

You're talking to an idiot who continuously played as a chaotic monk and beat his freaking high score and got down to the floor with the ugly purple worms doing that thank you very much.
    *edit* On NetHack, I mean.
    *edit 2* I was so proud when I beat my first high score, so forgive me if I sound a bit excited when saying that ^^;. Usually I only get down 5 ~ 9 floors before dying.
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Great I got the soundtrack for Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic going through my head and I'm humming it DX

edited July 2012

Jaderail said:
    it is still sad though.

so incest in real life is generally not good? I know that some mythologies have incest in it, but then that is mythology.It is bad for store bought and indoor animals. The Gene pool is limited to start. If an outside Breader with other genes is not brought in you run the risk of a Healthy seeming animal that has a defect breeding with a animal with the same defect that will manifest when the next gereration is sired. Your two Breeders could have a latent defect that when combined in the next generation that is very unhealthy for the offspring. That is why I let my none-fixed female outside. She attracks all males in the area giving a better chance of a wider gene pool. Most Females will not breed with thier on offspring but a New cat housed with it's brother can not escape if the brother pins them. I sold Greys for a short time, It was news to me at that time also.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2012

For those telling me to watch my waving: If you think about the ode, I did know who the wand was created by and I also had all six command words and the gliphs that needed drawn (in the air with the tip) to make the wand funtion. We had a strick DM even for created items. I even knew ABOUT how many CHARGES the wand held before the magic was used up and it would become just a Fancy stick.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited July 2012

I picked up a longbow once that had a 10% chance to cast the Hydra fire spell in Diablo 2 once. It had 255 charges :3
    I like the hydra spell. Something about those three fiery heads bursting out of the ground and wreaking havoc on everyone nearby is appealing to me. Not as useful as other fire spells, but they're cute looking. Shame Diablo 3 did not have the spell. Oh and it was a level 1 Cast-On-Strike Hydra spell, so on the difficulty I was playing on (Nightmare) it wasn't that useful ^_^;
    I always squealed with glee when I saw the heads pop out and start spitting fire while I was shooting stuff though.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. A white rabbit kind of day for me, late for everything :)

edited December 1969

home dolce home.

i'm baking a batch of duncan hines brownies :lol: not the alice B toklas kind. the batter comes already in the tray, ready for the oven.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

No, not good. Accumulation -- also known as "enrichment" -- of undesirable genes can eventually get devastating. One of the better known examples were royal Hapsburgs, albeit the effect of it is in dispute.

Example: As a practical effect of (linguistic, geographic and cultural) isolation, combined with a very small pool of genes to begin with, marriages between first cousins being regarded as peachy keen (and still allowed today)... well, at the moment Finns have 36 unique/or unusually often found diseases in their genepool. More here. (Just to veer a bit political for a moment, when Glenn Beck interviewed some cuckoo-nuts dude in his cuckoo-nuts show, and that guy went on a rant about "pure Finnish gene pool", it caused plenty of "WTF" amongst those who knew about the side effect of this laughably so-called "pure gene pool".) Oh, and I'm possibly a carrier of two or three of those listed, but since I have no plans for kids, I haven't tested myself; it just happens that my grandfather's and grandmother's side of my mother both have people afflicted with a slew of problems like those.

As Virini (one of the ministers in Centauri empire in Babylon5) remarks of the current new Emperor (who could give several insane Roman ones a run of their money), "...when you reduce a family tree to a family bush, you can't hide as much underneath."

I think he WAS several of the more insane Roman Emperors. A temporal anomaly might have gotten involved.

edited December 1969

Half-dead me in a box for lunch today - at least that's how it feels, I'm so hungry I could gnaw off my own arm. On second thoughts that might be too permanent ;)

edited July 2012

home dolce home.

i'm baking a batch of duncan hines brownies :lol: not the alice B toklas kind. the batter comes already in the tray, ready for the oven.

Haz moar hungry nao |0| ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

random: Having a TGIF kind of Friday today.

edited December 1969

I am a bit hungry but I do not know what to eat. I cannot eat all my granola bars right now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited July 2012

...bah, nothing beats a Vindicator Minigun. ;)

Once those barrels start a churning, it's lead hose time!

smiley-violent069.gif
    108 x 68 - 37K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.