Attempting product download crashes Firefox again and again.

LBJ2LBJ2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Attempting product download... crashes Firefox 13.0.1.....again and again.
Deleting DAZ cookies and restarting the application does not help.
Same thing happens every time.
I click the download link... and Firefox freeze

There are no problems when i download products from other web shops.
Renderosity, RDNA, ContentParadise, Cornucopia3D, Renderotica, you name it...
I download without any kind of problems.

But here at DAZ it crashes my web browser. And it has done so for a month.
I am getting very, very sick and tired, of having to spend several days, trying to download products i bought here.
Would any admin please do something about it, before i lose my mind? :)

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I'm not having any trouble with FF 13.0.1. Can you try a different browser to see if the problem is isolated to FF?

• LBJ2LBJ2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm not having any trouble with FF 13.0.1. Can you try a different browser to see if the problem is isolated to FF?

The problem is with the DAZ Web Shop !!!
    There is nothing wrong with my browser :)
    I can download products from, Renderosity, RDNA, ContentParadise, Cornucopia3D, Renderotica web shops aso.
    And there is no problems at all.
    That indicate very obviously to everyone, that my browser is working fine..And the DAZ download links malfunction.
    I can buy and download products from 5 other 3D web shops on the Internet, perfectly.
    I would not be able to do that, if my Firefox was the problem, now would I?

It is only at the DAZ Webshop it malfunctions, And crashes the browser.

Internet Explorer 9 don't crash, but i can not download the things i buy, because the links are corrupted.

edited December 1969

I'm just trying to isolate the problem and give you a way to get your files. Some people are having similar problems with one browser (usually IE or Safari) but no problems with other browsers. And I haven't heard anyone saying their browser crashed when they try to download, just that the download won't start or is corrupted. So, both to let you get your downloads and to try to isolate the problem, I would advise you to try another browser.

edited December 1969

I'm just trying to isolate the problem and give you a way to get your files. Some people are having similar problems with one browser (usually IE or Safari) but no problems with other browsers. And I haven't heard anyone saying their browser crashed when they try to download, just that the download won't start or is corrupted. So, both to let you get your downloads and to try to isolate the problem, I would advise you to try another browser.

Well thank you for doing your best to help me. I do appreciate that.

I just downloaded the remaining files, without any problems.
    But all this has happened several times, when i bought something here.
    I had to start a forum thread every time, to be able to download the things i bought.
    And that is annoying, having to spend 2 days, making forum threads and so, every time i place an order in the Web shop here.

But i can tell you in detail what happens. Because it is the same every time.

After buying a product, etc. 8 files to download.
    I start downloading, using the links in the *My Downloads* page.
    Half of the files usually goes fine, like it happened with yesterdays order...
    After i have downloaded half of the files(4 files) i continue to file number 5..
    But when i click the download link...FireFox stop responding
    And it does not matter if i wait 5, 10 or 15 minutes...Firefox remains frozen.
    Then i have to close FireFox, by clicking the little cross, in the upper right corner.

When i check the *by me decided download folder*
    I see a file with the name of the exe file, that i tried to download.
    The files have the size of 0 bytes.
    Indicating that it did not even download 1 single byte of the file.

Then i tried different solutions.
    Log out and log in again.
    Deleting the DAZ cookies.
    But none of it makes any difference.

As soon as i try to download the 5.th file.
    The same thing happens. Firefox freeze, and i have to force a shutdown by clicking the cross in the upper right corner again.
    And the same story, repeat itself, over and over.

Then i make a forum post, telling about the problem.
    Some admin tell me to try a different browser, which do not solve the problem either.
    When i try to download the 5.th file...then next day(24 hours later)
    It usually download fine.

The chronological mentioned incidents i just wrote here, has happened several times in June 2012.
    So it indicate there is a problem with the DAZ shop/download, that has not been solved yet.

I get the things i buy, so that is not the problem.
    The problem is, that i have to spend days/hours, to buy a simple product, and download it. :)

edited December 1969

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'm glad you finally got your files. If you don't mind, could you file a Bug Report with those details at bugs.daz3d.com with the Project in the upper right set to "DAZ Web Search" so they can try to figure out what the problem is? If you've never used the Bug Tracker before, you need to register, as it doesn't connect to your DAZ 3D account.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I'm glad you finally got your files. If you don't mind, could you file a Bug Report with those details at bugs.daz3d.com with the Project in the upper right set to "DAZ Web Search" so they can try to figure out what the problem is? If you've never used the Bug Tracker before, you need to register, as it doesn't connect to your DAZ 3D account.

I have filed a bug report on the issue.
    Hope someone can use the information for something useful :)

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your help