Welcome to the 6th annual MONSTER MASH HALLOWEEN BASH!

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited November 2013 in Freebies

WELCOME ALL TO THE BASH!

Each year, we here at the challenge, have schedules monthly theme events. This years MMHB theme will be the same as always...MONSTERS AND MUSIC. In your entry, you must have at least one monster, or person in costume, and one musical instrument or music player of sorts.

The Rules:

1. A minimum of 10 freebies.

2. A maximum of 3 purchased items. (you may use paid plugins towards your commercial count.)

3. Base figures (All Gen 2, 3, 4 and Genesis1 and 2) don’t count as a purchased item or a freebie and may be used as needed.

4. No postwork. This rule WILL NOT CHANGE SO DON’T ASK! (except for signatures and borders)

5. Bryce, Hexagon, Blender, Poser and Daz are allowed for the contest. Items given free with these Apps will not count towards the freebie count as they will not be available for all users, but can be used as non countable items. 3rd party Poser figures need clarification as they can normally only be used within poser and are essentially paid for items as Poser is a paid for app.

6. Morphs will count toward a purchased item.

7. For an item to be considered free it must be offered as a freebie for the whole of the month. The exception to this rule is all Daz weekly freebies will be allowed throughout the entire month in which they are free. All permanent Daz freebies will be allowed at any time.

8. All links to freebies must work, and all freebies must be clearly and completely seen, not obstructed or hidden in any way from clear total viewing, no water reflections, or reflections that bend the freebie or distort it from it’s original form allowed without the freebie being seen above or outside the reflection itself as a stand alone, the freebie must be seen without having to enlarge the render to see it in any way, no items put against something the same color or texture making it blend into the other item. You may not link to items that specifically ask you not to link to them.

9. This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY OR
SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR EXTREMELY VIOLENT SITUATIONS ALLOWED WHATSOEVER.

10. All the rules above will be enforced. If you do not understand any of them, please pm me or ask in the current challenge thread.DO NOT ASK FOR SPECIAL FAVORS AS THIS CONTEST MUST BE FAIR FOR ALL. Rich or poor, new computers or old, all will be treated equally. Newbies will be given as much help as we can offer.

11. You may enter as many renders as you like each month, as long as they qualify.

12. You may post any renders you like without freebies or paid fors, these will be called NAEs, so please list them as such. They will not be considered entries.

13. Having fun is a must. Play hard, but please do not hurt anyone. The Daz team and/or MOD has the right to edit or remove any inappropriate comments they wish to. This will not change.

14. If you are going to be a judge, you must come into the challenge throughout the month, at least once every day or two. You can not just disappear. If you can not be here, do not ask to be a judge. You must also make comments on the entries as to give help to any newbies. You will be required to choose three winners and two honorable mentions for the month you judge. All judges chosen are allowed to enter the contest, but they may not vote for themselves.

15. Mini contests, within the main contest, are allowed at any time the host chooses. Prizes for them will be given seperately from the main challenge. A mini contest can ONLY be done by the host of the month at the time.

16. You may use as many freebies from “community” sites. These are sites that feature free items from various authors, like Sharecg.com or Renderosity.com. You may NOT repeat a link to a third party site “exactly” once used in the entry, You can, however, use the same third party site link as long as it goes to a different page. Most-digital-creations.com is an example of this.

17. You may edit your entry a maximum of three times. This will include adding or removing of items, change of color or texture, lighting issues, poses, poke throughs. You MUST re-enter the render leaving the original also posted. You also must state what you edited and tell the post that you have re-entered the render for updateing. YOU MAY NOT COMPLETELY REPLACE YOUR ENTRY WITH ANOTHER ONE OF A DIFFERENT TYPE. It must retain the original scene setting and characters. You may CHANGE a characters appearance, but not the overall character. It must stay. You may add or take away what else you like or don’t like, just remember….it’s your entry. Any freebies added, must be added to the links and must be working for folks to get.

We will start at 1ST of the month - 00.01 DAZ time, and end 30 or 31 of each month - 23.59 Daz time.

There will be three judges chosen by the host of the month and donations will be accepted by any who offer them as long as they do not violate the Daz TOS.

Those are the rules. If you have any questions about a certain month, please pm the host or me for help.

Good luck to all and thanks for playing nice.

:-)

To all who may be interested in seeing what we do with this challenge, here is a link to the main gallery. It houses all the submissions for each month. This will give you an idea of what to enter. The theme changes each month along with a new host. Come see this, you won’t be disappointed.

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/

Thank you
music2u4u

As of February 2013, Daz will once again be our sponcer. They will award the three top winners of the challenge with prizes. They will go like this:

1st place will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
2nd place will receive a $12.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.
3rd place will receive an $8.00 Gift Certificate (GC) to the Daz store.

Also Jaderail will be giving his donations.

I will be donating copy of my "Gothic Express" hot rod hurst to the winner this year. And also My "Gates To Hell" to all the winners

Would love to see someone donate an entry gift for this year, but you will have to handle giving it out yourself to each who enter.

There MAY BE A MINI CHALLENGE OR TWO THIS YEAR. so keep your eyes open for it. And as always...SOMEONE WILL GET THE ROCK THIS YEAR while trick or treating.

ALL WINNERS MUST SEND ME THE EMAIL ADDRESS, THEY USED TO REGISTER HERE AT THE DAZ SITE, WITHIN ONE WEEK FROM THE DAY THE WINNERS ARE ANNOUNCED TO RECEIVE THEIR GCs. IF NOT, THEY WILL FORFEIT THEIR WINNINGS.

Post edited by music2u4u on

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

We don't officially start here until Oct. 1st at midnight. But you folks can chat until then.

edited December 1969

Just in case any of you missed last year's bash, here is a quick snapshot we took of Louie , The Real Man, after a few brewskies. He was gettin right then that darn building attendent Landlord of his told him to turn it down or get out! So, we had to chill for a bit.

Lord_Ganthor1_-_Real_Man_KISS.jpg
    375 x 500 - 48K
    edited December 1969

And who could forget when Kalazar and Frankie had a little too much spiked punch and Frankie started doing the Booty pop...OMG! TOO MUCH!

Kalazar_-_reality_sceneHallBashFrank5.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 119K
    edited December 1969

And who could forget this wonderful work of art by Takeo.Kensei. MY LOVELY PUMPKIN.

Takeo.Kensei_-_2_-_MyLovelyPumpkin_.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1022K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Gallery Created

edited September 2013
    edited September 2013

..SQUSE ME WHILE I WHIP THIS OUT... This month's Banner..

Usually what happens with this here is you replace the one from last month with this one in your control panel/edit signature. Remove the current image, replace it with this one which is a .png format. If you try to do a .jpeg again in a row, it will throw last month's banner back on you, so I changed this one to a .png so it would take. Next month will be a .jpeg again. Modern technology they call it...lol.

MMHB2013Banner.png
    410 x 55 - 49K
    edited December 1969

Gonna do a few mini contests this month. The first one will be a music trivia game. A "whose line is it" thing.

The next one will be a scavenger hunt. You must go find an item out there in internet land at someone's site, then you must copy the link to it, PM me the link....DO NOT POST IT!.... and I will check it. If it is the item or items, you will announced as the winner. There will be about 8 items in the scavenger hunt to go find at different places.

Then...someone...at random....will receive "The Rock". It's a great toy to play with, just don't throw it at me up in here.

edited October 2013

OK...Now with all the formalities done, I would like to announce that this month, again, will be a tribute month.

Last Friday night, Sept 27th, at 9:20 P.M., my old girl Ginger passed away at 15 years of age. She was well over 100 in dog years. I already miss her. So used to having her near. She followed me around everywhere I went here at home.

Anyway, she got her legs back, got her vision back, got her hearing back, her teeth back, her bark back...etc. So very peaceful. She just stopped breathing and that was it.

SO!...MY LOVELY MISS GINGER GIRL...THIS MONTH IS FOR YOU DEAR. SAY GOODBYE TO THESE NICE FOLKS. HOPE TO SEE YOU LATER.

I took this picture just two weeks ago in the same exact spot on our carport where Ginger laid down to die last Friday night. Notice the large orb floating over her head! Strange or what?

100_2035web.jpg
    800 x 600 - 96K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    OK...Now with all the formalities done, I would like to announce that this month, again, will be a tribute month.

Last Friday night, Sept 27th, at 9:20 P.M., my old girl Ginger passed away at 15 years of age. She was well over 100 in dog years. Our family sat with her as she very peacefully left us. At 6:00 A.M. Saturday morning, I began digging her grave. She was a big girl so it took me a while. So, we buried her, placed the concrete flat blocks all over the top of her grave, said some prayers, and it was done. I already miss her. So used to smelling her near. She followed me around everywhere I went here at home.

Anyway, she got her legs back, got her vision back, got her hearing back, her teeth back, her bark back...etc. After watching her go for five days, I was a bit releaved when she passed on. So very peaceful. She just stopped breathing and that was it.

SO!...MY LOVELY MISS GINGER GIRL...THIS MONTH IS FOR YOU DEAR. SAY GOODBYE TO THESE NICE FOLKS. HOPE TO SEE YOU LATER.

I took this picture just two weeks ago in the same exact spot on our carport where Ginger laid down to die last Friday night. Notice the large orb floating over her head! Strange or what?

I'm so sorry to hear that music, we lost our budah cat in August a couple days after my surgery. It's hard, you get so attached to them. What a great way to honor your memory.

edited October 2013

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:

Last Friday night, Sept 27th, at 9:20 P.M., my old girl Ginger passed away at 15 years of age. She was well over 100 in dog years. I already miss her. So used to having her near. She followed me around everywhere I went here at home.

Anyway, she got her legs back, got her vision back, got her hearing back, her teeth back, her bark back...etc. So very peaceful. She just stopped breathing and that was it.

I'm so sorry to hear that music, we lost our budah cat in August a couple days after my surgery. It's hard, you get so attached to them. What a great way to honor your memory.

Thanks Jeeperz but I don't want anyone getting all sad on me now. This will be a month of fun. Sorry to hear about your budah cat.

All that is born to live dies. She had a great long life with us.

edited October 2013

Here are a few winners from the past!

2011Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 126K
    2010Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 130K
    2009HMs.jpg
    800 x 600 - 144K
    2009Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 104K
    2008Winners.jpg
    800 x 600 - 106K
    edited December 1969

I'm ready to rumble.... oh wait a minute I'm not ready but I'm gonna be

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

I have spent the last few days working on an entry. This will be my first attempt at this challenge. Tracking down all the links for the freebies I am using will be the hard part I think.

music2u4u - I am very sorry to hear about Ginger. Pets are members of the family and even though we may know it is coming, it does not make it any easier when it happens.

I like to think that orb was Ginger’s guide so she wouldn’t get lost.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Oh thank you Music for you change to rule number 3. Yea!

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Wow that is alot of reading for this contest but we obviously need even more rules and restrictions so I will start.

Rule 101 - To enforce the no postwork rule (see above) all entries must contain a minimum 8 pokethrus and at least 3 visible seams.
    Rule 102 - A screencapture video of the render processing must accompany each entry
    Rule 103 - You can use Dawn but only if she has a pumpkin covering her head

edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Wow that is alot of reading for this contest but we obviously need even more rules and restrictions so I will start.

Rule 101 - To enforce the no postwork rule (see above) all entries must contain a minimum 8 pokethrus and at least 3 visible seams.
    Rule 102 - A screencapture video of the render processing must accompany each entry

You gotta link to Dawn's pumpkin head? Pretty please! I think she would be very cute in her string bikini, masquerading as a pumpkin head person, strumming on a Gibson, and perched on a bar stool. Her stage name could be Bobbie Dylan.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2013

Dollygirl said:

What? The rules changed?

(goes and looks)

Luke, Laura, Matt, Maddie - you can come out and play now!

Post edited by robkelk on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:

Rule 103.5 - And you have to provide a working link to the pumpkin.
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:

What? The rules changed?

(goes and looks)

Correct!

edited October 2013

Rule 104 - You must make pies out of the pumpkin so Jeeperz can throw one of them into my mouth!

edited December 1969

Whohoo!!!!!!! I'm ready when you guys are, got my throwing arm all warmed up.

edited October 2013

Welcome Kismet and MrPoser, you came in just in time. This is one of our funniest months. Watch out for flying pies, ghosties and ghoulies as well. Once we hook you you'll never return MUHAAAAAAAAW.......

Post edited by jeeperz on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited October 2013

Not an entry..... but here is Dawn in a graveyard wearing a pumpkinhead. The pumpkinhead freebie available at Runtime DNA.... http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/content.php?49-Shocktober-2010 (scroll down to 2006 stuff)

dawn_in_graveyard_pumpkinhead.jpg
    1294 x 822 - 62K
    Post edited by mrposer on
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    Not an entry..... but here is Dawn in a graveyard wearing a pumpkinhead. The pumpkinhead freebie available at Runtime DNA.... http://www.runtimedna.com/forum/content.php?49-Shocktober-2010 (scroll down to 2006 stuff)

thank you much all she needs is an instrument of torture, oh I mean music and you would be ready to go.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2013

jeeperz said:
    Welcome Kismet and MrPoser, you came in just in time. This is one of our funniest months. Watch out for flying pies, ghosties and ghoulies as well. Once we hook you you'll never return MUHAAAAAAAAW.......

Which is why they say

From ghoulies and ghosties
    And long-leggedy beasties
    And Jeeperz's flying pies
    And things that go bump in the night,
    Good Lord, deliver us!

Traditional Scottish prayer

:coolgrin:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:

What? The rules changed?

(goes and looks)

Correct!

So I see that M2, V2, S2 also count: does A2 (the Stephanie 2 morph of Aiko) also count?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited October 2013

...been busy collecting a bunch of freebies for this.

So a technical question. Can you use a free prop (like .3ds or .lwo) that needed format conversion to a .obj in Hexagon of Blender so it could be used in Daz or Poser (provided of course there is a link to it) or is that a "non-item"?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    jeeperz said:

Which is why they say

From ghoulies and ghosties
    And long-leggedy beasties
    And Jeeperz's flying pies
    And things that go bump in the night,
    Good Lord, deliver us!

Traditional Scottish prayer

:coolgrin:

GET OUT!!!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:

What? The rules changed?

(goes and looks)

Correct!

So I see that M2, V2, S2 also count: does A2 (the Stephanie 2 morph of Aiko) also count?

If you still have her and want to use her...wake her up! I would love to see a current render of her. The Stephanie morph is acceptable only if it is a freebie still availible. If not, counts as a paid for.