The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    This was the eel I was trying to draw. Sea monstrosities fascinate me.

Plenty of those this side of the globe, luckily most of them are bite-size :)

I see two creatures in that pic, a small one and a big one.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nobody loves me
    ...everybody hates me
    ...guess I'll eat a can for worms.

Nobody loves me
    Everybody hates me
    Guess I will go eat a bag of gummy worms

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nobody loves me
    ...everybody hates me

Nobody loves me
    Everybody hates me

i don't have bananas left to put in my ice cream.

edited December 1969

i've narrowed my colour palette to these choices for my webpages. and was thinking i should redo my bookcovers to follow the colour scheme.

decisions like these make me freeze up, a friend from work says it's fear of success. what does success feel like? is it like winning a boss battle in FF?

need to pick the banner background, the page background, the font, and a font accent. use flash buttons or not to use flash buttons.

procrastination = fresh pot O'joe

colr.jpg
    400 x 230 - 61K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, if anyone is interested in exactly how depressing my poetry is, I've posted a free version of "Love, Dark and Frozen" on my Website.

You'll need the free MobiPocket Reader: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN

Then download http://www.woolyloach.com/LoveDarkAndFrozen.epub

..that should do it.

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Ok, if anyone is interested in exactly how depressing my poetry is, I've posted a free version of "Love, Dark and Frozen" on my Website.

You'll need the free MobiPocket Reader: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN

Then download http://www.woolyloach.com/LoveDarkAndFrozen.epub

..that should do it.

yoo haz a new kitchen. thaz cheering :)

edited December 1969

this site looks cute. http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/content.php
    it has some free startrek models.

it's making me wish for lightwave

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nobody loves me
    ...everybody hates me

(should be "of")

Nobody loves me
    Everybody hates me

i don't have bananas left to put in my ice cream.
    ...gahhh, a typo I didn't catch. FF also needs a syntax checker..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited July 2012

...non complaints

A nice day for the Fourth here. Sunny, temps in the 70s,

Forecast to hit 101° in Milwaukee today 100° tomorrow. I can just imagine how oppressive that is especially with dewpoints in the 70s. At Timmerman airport on the west side of the city, it is already 100° Upstate in Stevens Point where I first went to college it is 102°. Seems like it's their turn for a long hot summer.

Slept in again, but this time didn't have to be anywhere important.

Going to do a bit of shopping as the regular markets here are open all day. Maybe get a couple bratwursts and some good baked beans for dinner. Then going to hop on the bike and ride down to the waterfront to listen to the blues festival (which runs though this weekend) and watch the starflakes (that's what my Leela calls them). They put on quite a show here, almost thirty minutes non-stop. There is a bigger display (largest west of the Mississippi) up at Ft Vancouver across the Columbia River but it's a lot farther and I'd have to ride through some "sketchy" neighbourhoods to get there. Could take transit I guess but not into dealing with jam packed trains/buses on my day off. The downtown waterfront is only about a fifteen minute bike ride.away and I can stay on the east bank of the river (which is actually a better viewing area).

Being just across the Columbia from Washington State where they sell "real" fireworks (like Roman candles and mortars) a lot of people drive across the state line to get the "good stuff", which is illegal here in Oregon. The "local" place to go is Blackjack Fireworks just north of Vancouver, WA. In the two or so weeks they are open before the 4th they rake in about 6$ million in sales. The other 50 weeks of the year they are closed.

Usually it is not difficult to find a "neighbourhood display" in a residential intersection where someone is firing off mortars roman candles, and other high flying fireworks.

In Oregon only fireworks that shoot or spray less than a couple feet high are allowed such as fountains and ground spinners.

Portland's new Fire Bureau chief vowed to crack down on illegal pyrotechnics so it could be interesting this year.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 2012

nothin like some 'mild' tikka masala to clear the ole sinuses

holy krakatoa batman

Robin wore green and yellow, but a robin has an orange chest
    ohh, Robin was a bishi boy, wasn't he?

lost in tropes again bishie sparkles
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BishieSparkle

cat smile
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CatSmile

:-/ where da LemonBlue?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Misty grey dawn giving way to pale daylight outside my window ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Misty grey dawn giving way to pale daylight outside my window ;)

Good Mornin'

edited December 1969

i fed the Daz store today. did you see the 4th July coupie?

bought this and this. and rendo prime had the doctor's office in it

beyondthesea.png
    500 x 650 - 294K
    demariner.png
    350 x 455 - 233K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I bought myself a wyvern. 2 dollars off, 65% sale... 2 and half euros for final cost. Yesss.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    Yeah, I bought myself a wyvern. 2 dollars off, 65% sale... 2 and half euros for final cost. Yesss.

The Wyvern 1.0 or Wyvern 2.0 from here at DAZ?
    Or that ugly as can be one that looks like it got kicked in the face by a horse before having an anvil dropped on its head? (The Moorish Dragon also here at DAZ)
    Wait - maybe it's one of Swidhelm's draggies? I've still got to find out how to get the leathery dragon wings that went with the one I bought from him to work in Cinema because they seem to be "Dynamic only" which leaves me with only the cheesy feathered ones. Feathered wings only work for feathered dragons.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Nope, Wyvern 2.0. :) I'm currently reskinning the thing. :)

Which is why I need that darn 3D painter program to finish with those pesky seams. Grrrr.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Nope, Wyvern 2.0. :) I'm currently reskinning the thing. :)

Which is why I need that darn 3D painter program to finish with those pesky seams. Grrrr.

Wyvern 2.0 has to be one of my absolute favorite models. She could stand to have a bit more morphs like the SubDragon gets, but I can't complain.
    Planning on making some fun new textures for her are you? :D
    Ones with lots of stripes or very colorful ones that truly make her look poisnous and dangerous?

wyvern_lots_of_fun.jpg
    600 x 747 - 214K
    wyvern_rawr.jpg
    550 x 344 - 192K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Wyvern 2.0 has to be one of my absolute favorite models. She could stand to have a bit more morphs like the SubDragon gets, but I can't complain.

I'm considering doing some morphs too, but sadly, all I got is Hexagon for that. And it is a bit clunky at times.

Ones with lots of stripes or very colorful ones that truly make her look poisnous and dangerous?

I'm thinking brown-green (which is going to be striped, yes -- kind of tigerish for sparse taiga forest), and possibly red-golden yellow too.

edited December 1969

Having authentic orange chicken :3
    Yummy yum.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Rezca said:

I'm considering doing some morphs too, but sadly, all I got is Hexagon for that. And it is a bit clunky at times.

I'm thinking brown-green (which is going to be striped, yes -- kind of tigerish for sparse taiga forest), and possibly red-golden yellow too.

Sounds nice!

edited December 1969

Complaint! UV seams are driving me nuts!

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    Rezca said:

Sounds nice!

yes the wyvern family needs some more love. Some conforming props maybe, perhaps some armor... And a saddle! Moar textures too. Natural ones, not like the mystic series - like a jungle texture :3

White_Wyvern.jpg
    550 x 364 - 154K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint! UV seams are driving me nuts!

An experience shared by many :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Having authentic orange chicken :3
    Yummy yum.

Haz hungry but not lunchtime yet :)

edited December 1969

*headdesk*headdesk*headdesk*

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

I think texturing calls for a padded desktop.

edited July 2012

The most practical advise I can give is to begin by modifying assets already to hand, 3D texturing takes some practice before you find a comfort zone in which to work ;) Oh, and gaussian blur will be your friend around seams.

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

I am pretty comfortable with 3D texturing. :down: The problem is that the wyvern's horns have some really horrible UV areas that simply refuse to obey me. And I can't apply blur for certain reasons because of what I'm working on there.

edited July 2012

If you have the cash, try taking a peek at Mari. Supposedly the best painting app available to the public (Having surpassed zBrush and Cinema 4D's BodyPaint which STILL does not support symmetrical painting!)
    Also what has been stated many times is to adjust something then render it quickly in your 3D app of choice. If the program allows refreshing of textures, you can have both open at once, do something in Photoshop to the texture then save, Alt-Tab over to the rendering program, refresh the texture, then hit render and it'll update to show the hcanges you made. Cinema can do this, but I'm not sure about Carrara and Poser.
    *edit* Another thing is if the program you're using to render supports loading layered images into texture channels (TGA, TIFF, PSD, etc) then you can keep them layered and draw bright solid colors on a separate layer to see how it matches up with the rest of the body when rendered. This works best in a painting app (C4D, 3DCoat, Blender, etc) where you can paint these "test lines" on the model, save the texture within the 3D app, then go to pohotshop and see where they line up and carefuly draw/paint the texture like that.

Post edited by Rezca on
This discussion has been closed.