Meet Ksenia and Save

DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Introducing Ksenia for V4. This Elegant new character will add beauty to any collection, and for a limited time she'll also add some savings. Buy Ksenia for V4 and receive 50% off Lily Harajuku Bundle. To receive this discount, make sure BOTH items are in your shopping cart during checkout and your total will automatically be reduced. No coupon necessary.

Offer ends July 6, 2012

Post edited by DAZ_Cameron on

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

O yes, and it looks great!

And it works like a charm, thanks for the notice :)

But one question (maybe asked before, can't find it )

What is the name of the outfit (red/black leather) in the promo images.

I can't find in in the description, I maybe have a blond moment, but I can't see it.

I do love the outfit though.. -lol-

Thanks!

Amy

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Please note, there is (at the time of writing) currently a mislabel on the compatibility of the BUNDLE. The individual items are all correctly stating V4, but the bundle says Genesis. The bundle is wrong, it is for V4.

• edited December 1969

I can't find in in the description, I maybe have a blond moment, but I can't see it.

Thanks!

Amy

I'd like to know where to get that oufit also. I'd like to get the same look as in the promotional pictures of Ksenia and it together.

Thanks

edited July 2012

adamr001 said:
    Please note, there is (at the time of writing) currently a mislabel on the compatibility of the BUNDLE. The individual items are all correctly stating V4, but the bundle says Genesis. The bundle is wrong, it is for V4.

but it can fit genesis, right?

Anyhow , in the detail the bundle contest is listed:
    ◦Japanese Style Fashion Lily V4
    ◦Harajuku for Japanese Style Fashion Lily V4V4

This does looks like V4, on the otherhand 'V4V4' I'm not sure about -lol-

Thanks for the notice

Amy

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

but it can fit genesis, right?

Anyhow , in the detail the bundle contest is listed:
    ◦Japanese Style Fashion Lily V4
    ◦Harajuku for Japanese Style Fashion Lily V4V4

This does looks like V4, on the otherhand 'V4V4' I'm not sure about -lol-

Thanks for the notice

Amy

Via Autofit and/or the Transfer Utility yes. It does not come with a Genesis native version.
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited July 2012

Thanks!

Amy

I'd like to know where to get that oufit also. I'd like to get the same look as in the promotional pictures of Ksenia and it together.

Thanks

I also looked all over for that outfit but could not find it either. Would love to know.

[Also, would love to see her morph for Genesis, hint hint! And the leather outfit... and the Lily Harajuku bundle ;-) ]

Edit: Oh nice, thanks for that info Thorne!

Post edited by Storypilot on
  • edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    The promo images are just partial views of the entire ensemble I originally put together for Ksenia, as seen in the images below. It's a mix and match of all sorts of things, sort of a steam punk/goth mix:

utter adorable cuteness is by me :)

What a keen eye you have to assembly such an ensemble.

Thank you for the info...

edited December 1969

Thorne said:

So true. She is so cute it's ridiculous.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

She looks mighty cute Thorne. Very tempting.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

yes I feel she looks so cute and cool.

I feel it is good new products for V4 and old generation figure made as new products.

but why same moprh sets for genesis does not exist now?

just counts how many morphs , (contents) clothings are sold for V4 M4.
    and compare genesis products , in daz shop.

I think as If DAZ want every customer should buy "generation X" for use genesis with V4 morphs and contents?

It is obviously kind for user of genesis (it means bese figure of daz studio 4)
    to make original sets for genesis with products for V4.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited July 2012

I think everyone was asking about the Steam Fairy & maybe the feathers since they didn't see the rest of the stuff til your answer.

Your render looks a lot better than the actual promo's for Steam Fairy.

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

DAZ said:
    Introducing Ksenia for V4. This Elegant new character will add beauty to any collection, and for a limited time she'll also add some savings. Buy Ksenia for V4 and receive 50% off Lily Harajuku Bundle. To receive this discount, make sure BOTH items are in your shopping cart during checkout and your total will automatically be reduced. No coupon necessary.

Offer ends July 6, 2012

I am trying to contain my frustration, I really am, however this new system is hurting my forehead (head banging on desk).

I was so overjoyed to see a V4 product to use my PC $6 on, and it was a Thorne girl too, that it immediately went in my cart. Looked at the bundle but decided to wishlist it and ponder. Two hours later the newsletter arrived in my Inbox (which is still not showing right but that's another story) telling me I could have bought the bundle at 50% off if I had bought them at the same time.

Under the old system I would have a coupon code I could use retrospectively as I had bought Ksenia. With this system I have two choices. Try and get a refund from a probably still inundated Customer Service and try and make sure that I retain the $6 coupon and rebuy both items or I can just not buy the bundle. Path of least resistance at the moment I'm afraid and lost sale for DAZ.

I'm not trying to bash and feel really sorry for all employees and moderators as it must still be hell at the moment but this is just not a better mechanic for delivering discounts.

Really happy to have Ksenia, really frustrated to have missed out on the discount.

BTW DAZ may want to add 'DAZ' as a valid word in their own spell checker :)

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

"utter adorable cuteness is by me" Truth in advertising. Every time I think I have enough V4 characters, something like this comes along. And the bundle offer. Thanks to Thorne and Daz. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/smileys/# .

edited December 1969

Thorne said:
    The promo images are just partial views of the entire ensemble I originally put together for Ksenia, as seen in the images below. It's a mix and match of all sorts of things, sort of a steam punk/goth mix

I like cute :lol:

Thanks for the info!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Wow, Ksenia is really cute :)

I'm wondering, though, which of the promo images for her were made with the Poser Mats and which with the DS Mats?

edited July 2012

Well, I got both Ksenia and the Lily Dress because I couldn't withstand the cuteness, even though I have very little support for V4 in my runtime (once I'd buckled under the cuteness, I also buckled under for the good deal).

I would love to see Ksenia's morph offered for Genesis as well. Since I have so few V4 characters, I've never felt much pressure to get GenX or even the V4/M4 shapes for genesis, though I've let myself float the idea that I would get both just to be able transfer Ksenia. I convinced myself that would probably be a little insane.

In case anyone is interested, this is what Ksenia's skin map looks like on straight-up V5 (on left). It is a great skin, though I really want that morph too. On the right is V4 with the bits of her morph that don't require Morphs++ injected, creating what little of Ksenia that I'm able to do with my lack of V4 products. Also, the dress is fit to genesis with the Transfer Utility... it's workable though it doesn't quite stand up to the native V4 fit (which is fantastic), so I have to think about it. Happy 4th everyone, and thanks Thorne for the neat character, I'm hoping I might get to use more of her some way later on..

[edited to fix a problem with render]

KseniaHarajukuTest2.jpg
    734 x 626 - 114K
  • BlazerwiccanBlazerwiccan Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

She is sooo beautiful if I could afford it she would be mine right now lol. But alas I can not, I so have to get her and Raevin those are my two most want must have characters of yours. I have others I need to get but Ksenia and Raevin are the two I want the most now. Wonderful job on her!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2012

Greetings,
    I loved this character, so even though I'm a pretty dedicated Genesis user, I picked it up and converted it using GenX.

Attached is my first render with it (13 hours, 43 minutes, 30 seconds). It's probably one of the better looking renders I've ever done.

Thank you for this model... Here's Ksenia rendered under Genesis, with Photo Studio Lights, Nightshayde Gloves and Navel Ring, Miyu Skirt and Top, JS Armband, and the thigh belt and dagger from...something else. I forget what. :)

It's awesome, and converts REALLY well to Genesis!

-- Morgan

[Edit: Resized from the 1280x1810 beast that it was to a slightly more reasonable 800x1131, cutting the size by 2/3rds.]

Ksenia_Warrior-small.png
    800 x 1131 - 1M
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited July 2012

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    I loved this character, so even though I'm a pretty dedicated Genesis user, I picked it up and converted it using GenX.

Very nice render, Morgan. Really wish I could afford to spend the money to get GenX right now.
    I did decide to go ahead and finally get the V4M4 genesis shapes before the sale ended, just in case I end up needing them... ;-)

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Thorne said:

It was that cuteness that sold me right off. I'd already expended my budget but she is a Must Have so I swiped a little from the food budget. I think I even have someplace to use her ... all dressed (sweater & jeans or something) but with that sweet precious face exposed.
    edited December 1969

Here is Ksenia's skin on a Genesis character I've been working on for a project. It's a work in progress, but I liked how this test came out using her, so I thought I would share.

DannelNewK.png
    783 x 317 - 435K
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Here is Ksenia's skin on a Genesis character I've been working on for a project. It's a work in progress, but I liked how this test came out using her, so I thought I would share.

Oooh, pretty. Pretty is good. Thanks for sharing this. :-)