Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

I agree, and as it is unrelated to the website, I imagine the people doing the metadata are currently working on converting everything to .zips, but that's just my WAG. It IS something that needs to be done, however, for the Smart Content system to be useful.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

For example, why did the free ultralight show up in Smart Content in a brand new category of Transport, not under Default like EVERY other item? Is this a trend of the future or just one big mistake?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    For example, why did the free ultralight show up in Smart Content in a brand new category of Transport, not under Default like EVERY other item? Is this a trend of the future or just one big mistake?

That's a mistake, if you reset your download it has been corrected.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

Thanks! Is it just the metadata that I need to reinstall, or did product files change, too?

edited December 1969

I THINK it was just the metadata, but I'm not certain. The bug report doesn't mention any other changes.

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited July 2012

barbult said:

That's a mistake, if you reset your download it has been corrected.

Thanks Mike, off to reset :)

EDIT: the product files have a new version number 1.1 up from 1.0 same as the metadata file.

Post edited by IanTP on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

I'll add my nod to this - there has to be some form of consistency for this. I am about to (and I shudder at this) blow away my runtime/content and re-install from scratch and I am promising myself I will handle things differently this time, including monkeying with the metadata to bend it to what I think it should be for some of the products.