Sci-Fi Lovers (OT)

animajik_6696dda723animajik_6696dda723 Posts: 109
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Wanted to share this with Science Fiction Aficionados viewing here:

Space Command

Brainchild of Marc Scott Zicree Writer ("Star Trek", "Sliders", "Babylon 5", "Forever Knight", "Star Trek: "World Enough In Time") he is producing a series of new independent movies (no movie mogul suits involved!)

Along with with Doug Drexler (Visual Effects) and Neil Johnson (Producer Director)
Many Star Trek, and other Sci-Fi stars have committed to do episodes with Marc and his team, such as George Takei, Armin Shimmerman, Doug Jones, Ethan Philips, Billy Mummy, Rachel Lutrell.

AniMajik Productions, (my company) is a proud backer of this project (you can too!)

I'm glad to hear Marc will "Get it Done!" (The Space Command Motto!)

-AniMajik
FatCatAlley.com
Follow on Twitter | Facebook

Post edited by animajik_6696dda723 on

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks interesting, thanks for the info. Kickstarter is such a great concept.

• animajik_6696dda723animajik_6696dda723 Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Loaar said:
    Looks interesting, thanks for the info. Kickstarter is such a great concept.

Yes, it allows producers to accomplish things without the middleman. So many ideas haven't gotten off the ground because the major studios "just don't get it".

Since "Space Command" has exceeded it's $75M goal (it's currently over double that), production will start next month.

I look forward to more good Sci-Fi!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Follow on Twitter | Facebook

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see that show. There's a lot of incredible talent involved.

edited December 1969

flashback said:
    I'd like to see that show. There's a lot of incredible talent involved.

Yes, and the best part is they are doing this for the love of the genre. These are the same guys (and gals) that made all the great Sci-Fi shows we've all come to know and love.

I'll post news to this thread as I get it, since I'm on the list.

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

edited December 1969

Keeping an eye out.....

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,320
    edited December 1969

Got to say the promos on the kickstart page look great. It'll be interesting to see if they pull off a pilot episode.

edited December 1969

Got to say the promos on the kickstart page look great. It'll be interesting to see if they pull off a pilot episode.

Pre-Production has already started on Space Command. I've enclosed some pre-productions images (more to come)
    Set design, costume design has already begun and the Kickstarter Pledge drive still has less than 2 weeks (goal already met)

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

SCFlightdeck2.jpg
    750 x 960 - 116K
    SCFlightdeck.jpg
    960 x 933 - 146K
    SCMars.jpg
    960 x 408 - 53K
    SCbyBaron.jpg
    720 x 402 - 48K
    edited December 1969

The Space Command Logo (Designed by Doug Wexler (VFX for SC) and Michael Okuda (Star Trek) used in the San Diego ComicCon promo below. Also a model of the "Clipper Ship" used in Space Command.

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

Spaceclippermodelsm.jpg
    600 x 450 - 138K
    SCSDCC.jpg
    720 x 527 - 29K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow!! Nice stuff going on! And you've got some great folks working with Space Command!

edited July 2012

AniMajik said:
    The Space Command Logo (Designed by Doug Wexler (VFX for SC) and Michael Okuda (Star Trek) used in the San Diego ComicCon promo below. Also a model of the "Clipper Ship" used in Space Command.

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

Had the first "Backer's Meeting" yesterday here in the Valley (San Fernando Valley, LA Area where most of the TV screne writers live)

Going to do an online talent search for 2 pivotal characters for Space Command. Actors can submit a "screening" on YouTube and all the backers will vote on the best for the part(s). That will be interesting!

Armin Shimmerman (Quark on DS9, the principal on Buffy) will have a major role in one of the first episodes of Space Command.

Here's an interview with Marc Zicree by Film COurage, that sums up what Space Command (the whole raison d'être for Space Command.
    Interview w/Marc Zicree (YouTube)

Another interview with Marc Zicree, designer Iain McCaig (Designed Amadala's and Darth Maul's costumining for "Star Wars", "The Avengers") & actor Katharine McEwan - Katherine will be playing 1st officer Odara T'Lyn in Space Command, who plays a disabled person requiring an Exoskeleton to function. Discussing the design of the costume with Iain McCaig.

Interview with marc Zicree, Iain McCaig, Katherine McEwan (YouTube)

Interview with Katherine McEwan on her character in Space Command

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

edited July 2012

Confirmed: Production of the first "Space Command" movie starts in October.

Space Command has reached it's original goal of $75K in pledges, but the more that is contributed, the better production will be.
    None of the principles of Space Command collect a salary and none of the money will be spent on frivolous expenses. All will be spent on sets, costuming and VFX. If you'd like to contribute (even a $1) you still can at SpaceCommandMovie.com - your $$ will only help make this project even better.

While shows like Star Trek and Babylon 5 were written to span a 5 year story arc, Space Command will encompass a 600 year story arc of man's reach to the stars.

Many more sci-fi stars have expressed their wish to participate in Space Command. More on this soon.

Doug Drexler, Andy Probert and Steve Neill are busy at work on the space helmets.
    Here's an image of the Space Helmet designed for Space Command (below)

Really excited about this project!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com

spacesuitconstruction1.jpg
    480 x 449 - 118K
    edited December 1969

I am now a backer of this project.

edited December 1969

flashback said:
    I am now a backer of this project.

Great Flashback!
    I'm lucky enough to live about 5 miles from the backer's meetings (in the SFV (a short hop from Hollywood) Will be attending again this Sunday.

This project is really starting to pick up steam now!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Command

edited December 1969

I'm a backer too.

edited July 2012

I'm a backer too.

Very cool Norse Graphics! Every little bit helps make this project better and better.

Just heard Seth McFarland ("Family Guy", "American Dad", "Ted") endorses this. Seth is a huge Star Trek fan and if you've seen Family Guy or "American Dad" (Patrict Steward is the voice Stan's Boss), you can readily tell :) in both shows. He also appeared on 2 episodes of "Star Trek: Enterprise" as "Ensign Rivers".

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Command

edited December 1969

It would be hilarious and awesome if David Hewlett, Paul McGillion and Joe Flanigan joined up.

edited December 1969

It would be hilarious and awesome if David Hewlett, Paul McGillion and Joe Flanigan joined up.

Well, at leadt one character from SG:A will be abord Space Command, Rachel Luttrell (Teyla Emmagan).
    I'm a huge Stargate SG1 and Stargate:Atlantis fan too (tho not so much SG:U)

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Command

edited December 1969

I noticed Rachel was on-board, so it spurred my post with some of the other actors.

The thing about SG:U was that it wasn't Stargate, but Battlestar Galatica in the SG universe. Much more dark tone, and not the same theme at all that characterized SG-1 and SG:A. Not to mention there wasn't a specific reason for the mission, so the end-result was very nebulous in contrast to SG-1 and SG:A that had a recognizable story-arc. B5 is a prime example of how things are done.

edited July 2012

I noticed Rachel was on-board, so it spurred my post with some of the other actors.

The thing about SG:U was that it wasn't Stargate, but Battlestar Galatica in the SG universe. Much more dark tone, and not the same theme at all that characterized SG-1 and SG:A. Not to mention there wasn't a specific reason for the mission, so the end-result was very nebulous in contrast to SG-1 and SG:A that had a recognizable story-arc. B5 is a prime example of how things are done.

There was talk about a movie version of SG:A, but it fell thru the cracks, unfortunately.
    SG:U definitely an experiment that didn't work! You're right, it did have the "cinema verite" look of Battlestar, which they *thankfully* toned down in later episode on BS.

J. Michael Straczynski is one of the best TV writers (Sci-Fi or otherwise) out there. Alfred Bester ("Walter Koenig") was my favorite bad guys! Loved that character more than Checkov. (The real Alfred Bester was also a Sci-Fi writer, ("Domolished Man", a story about committing murder in a world were Psy-cops could read your mind before you though about committing it. Homage to his story.) was a good friend of JMS, so used his name for Koenig's role.

My eye doctor actually worked on the eye prosthetics for G'Kar and the other Narns on the show. Told me the actors were real "wooses" when it came to inserting the special contact lens they had to wear!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Commmand

edited December 1969

Only a few more hours to go! You can still be a part this, $27 gets you the DVD and Soundtrack plus you'll be helping to create scifi history!!
    So come on Fans, let's Get It Done!
    I'm a Lt. Commander myself. ;-)

edited December 1969

Only 10 hours left to pledge! We want Great Sci-Fi!

SpaceCommand reached it's goal of $75.000 in just 3 days on Kickstarter (it's now over $208,000!)

The more pledges they get, the better the series will be (better effects, better sets, etc). All of the money pledged goes to the making of the series and nothing else (money is spent on the project and not frivolous expenses, like the big studio do)

So many talented people have already committed to being a part of Space Command (and you can too with your pledge!)

Help them make this even better!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Command

edited December 1969

New Space Command VFX and Music (on YouTube)

HERE

VFX: Doug Drexler | Music: by David Raiklen

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Support Space Command

scvfxg.jpg
    800 x 449 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Space Command is Go!
    I'm proud to say that I'm part of this. It's going to be awesome and I helped to make it happen!

edited July 2012

flashback said:
    Space Command is Go!
    I'm proud to say that I'm part of this. It's going to be awesome and I helped to make it happen!

Yes, it's a GO!! Glad to hear you're a backer too, flashback! $221,267.00 Pledged!

I'll have the last 8 minutes of the Space Command "Wrap Party" and Countdown on video (I captured from the live feed) up here in a few minutes. (It's uploading now).

The wrap party was at ComicCon in San Diego, CA. I was online (a few hundred miles north of San Diego in Los Angeles) and chatted online with Marc Zicree, Christina Moses (World Enough and Time), and Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth) and EJ DelaPena (Cadet Leader)

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Suppport Space Command

edited December 1969

Pretty good results in a couple of weeks.

edited December 1969

Pretty good results in a couple of weeks.

That's the fastest a project was ever funded on Kickstarter, so it was record setting! It really shows just how many Sci-Fi fans there are out there!

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Suppport Space Command

edited July 2012

I combined the VFX trailer and the Space Command Wrap Party into one 10 min video.
    I put it online at FatCatAlley.com -It's now at it's permanent location (see updated link below)

Wrap Party and VFX Video (about 10 mins) (sound is not super, but intelligible)

Npow at permanent location.

-AniMajik
    FatCatAlley.com
    Suppport Space Command