Poser Pro 2010- Library not loading

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi there and thanks for looking...

First I should probably mention that this is occuring on a Mac (OS 10.6.8)

About two weeks ago I had a problem with Poser Pro not loading the libraries... upon opening PP2010 it would try for a few seconds and then give some error message, I googled the problem and found someone who had the same problem (oddly I can no longer locate that same thread/post) the suggestion that seemed to work was to upgrade flash (or Java- I forget which it said)... My computer has been bugging me to do this so I upgraded both and some other things as well). This seemed to work and after I installed all those it worked fine.

Well, until this morning. Now I get no error message it tries for about 40 seconds or so (the usual time it takes to load the library) and loads a blank window. Normally the bottom portion of the library window usually displays "Transactions Pending" and "In Progress"- which normally is around 475 "transaction pending" and 4 "in progress" (which by the way, I have no idea what that means, but I suppose it is displaying what it is searching for/through...475+ items in my runtime?... what is there 4 of "in progress" though?)... anyway now the search only goes up to 2 transactions pending and 2 in progress, then I get the spinning beach ball it goes the normal load time and then nothing...

I can load scenes as far as I can tell, I tried two and they seem to load properly.

Sorry I can not remember what the previous error message was, I seemed to have solved the problem in a few minutes, so I didn't write it down or anything.

I tried googling various versions of "Poser pro 2010 library wont load" or anything that conveys that same idea, and it has been utterly useless.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can give on this issue and sorry if I left anything out.

Comments

• Black-CarrieBlack-Carrie Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Same here, I am on Mac PPC 10.3. I have two Macs, one with internet-connection, one without. I will send a support-ticket to SM. You should do the same. The strange thing is, my library stopped running today, on both Macs. I have contacted friends with 2010 on PC. They have no Problems. Anyone else here, with Mac, with the same problems???

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Try updating your Adobe Air manually if you're using 64bit PP, and Flash if using 32bit.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28751/P30/#435586

http://get.adobe.com/air/
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

This seems to be a sudden widespread problem; quite likely due to a a Flash update. Here are archived versions of Flash if you want to give a previous version a try...

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

• Black-CarrieBlack-Carrie Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Nope, no chance. I have tested this. No luck. I have heard, that only Mac is affected and only a few people. Strange thing.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

I have just booted up my older version of Poser, Poser 8 and I too have lost my libraries. I am on a PC

Edited to add that Neil too is having the problem with P8 and a windows laptop.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it is not just macs, I started several other threads at other sites and more and more people are reporting it... it seems to have started tuesday night...

For me, I can load my library if I disconnect from the internet... can anyone else confirm this works?

A couple of other people confirm the library works this way... sort term solution, but maybe a quick work-around.

edited December 1969

Trouble is I can't afford to disconnect from the internet to try it, I do need to be online, and don't have poser installed on the other machine.

edited September 2013

OK, Neil experimented on his laptop. He went to this site http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html and downloaded Flash version 11.8.800.94, uninstalled his previous Flash version and installed that version, still no Poser. Then he uninstalled Adobe Air and his Poser is now working again

So it does appear to be the latest updates for Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air that is causing the problems.

Edited to say, sorry he installed 11.7.700.2

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I have now done this myself, and have my libraries back. Installed Flash version 11.7.700.232. I didn't have Adobe Air on my system, so didn't need to do anything with that..

• sitdownshuddupsitdownshuddup Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Just set contentparadise.com to 127.0.0.1 in your host file.

edited December 1969

Why?

• sitdownshuddupsitdownshuddup Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

There's some script error on the page - happens when you load the content tab. I am assuming this is causing some call back to essentially hang. Re-installing Air/downgrading flash did nothing for me. As soon as I added that the library loaded fine. If downgrading/reinstalling works for you then do that but this is what fixed it for me.

edited December 1969

Apparently if you update Flash and do the Windows updates and reboot, it's fixed. It worked for me...

edited December 1969

There's some script error on the page - happens when you load the content tab. I am assuming this is causing some call back to essentially hang. Re-installing Air/downgrading flash did nothing for me. As soon as I added that the library loaded fine. If downgrading/reinstalling works for you then do that but this is what fixed it for me.

I don't use Content Paradise, don't have an account there, and have bought nothing from there, so there is no way I am going to allow a site that I don't use to access my computer in any way shape or form.

edited September 2013

chohole said:

I don't use Content Paradise, don't have an account there, and have bought nothing from there, so there is no way I am going to allow a site that I don't use to access my computer in any way shape or form.

Actually, what he is suggesting sends any network requests for contentparadise.com to your local machine, so it actually would entirely prevent the computer from accessing it, even if you wanted to... :)

As I noted above, rebooting after updating Windows and Flash and verifying I had the Poser 8 SR-3 update (it's a couple of years old) seems to have fixed it....

EdIt forgot the link...
    http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser8updates.html

Post edited by WandW on
  • AabhnormalAabhnormal Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Yeah... well here we are again... my Library is white. My computer updated Windows last night and I'm guessing this is the same thing.

Poser 8/ PC.

I updated Flash and that didn't fix it. Next is Air. If that doesn't work I'll see what I can do to fix it.

But I'm with chohole: Why do I need to be connected to Content Paradise? I have never used it, and clearly all it ever does is crash my library every so often when Windows updates... does anyone know how to tell Poser to stop phoning home?

edited December 2013

The update likely included Internet Explorer 11, which is incompatible with Poser 8. You need to either roll back the IE update and install this patch to Windows to prevent it's automatic reinstallation, ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722 ) or you need to upgrade to Poser 9 or 10.(or 10 if you are using Windows 8.1)..

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

Oh... this is nice:

--------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Support. Poser 8 is not supported on Windows 7. Recent Operating System Updates and changes to IE have made the program so it no longer functions on Windows 7 or later.

You can upgrade to Poser 10 here

http://poser.smithmicro.com/upgrade.html

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
    Smith Micro Software, Inc. | Forward Thinking, Delivered Today | www.smithmicro.com

-----------------------------------------

I wish I had a job where every time I made a mistake, people would pay me money. I'd be a millionaire.

edited December 1969

What nonsense. I am quite happily running Poser 8 on windows 7. THe only problems I have had have been the times that something external has affected it, like the time with the FLash player update, and this time with the IE 11 update.

Use the MS fix to remove IE 11 and block auto updates from reinstalling it and you should be fine.

edited December 1969

Okay.... so I downloaded that patch... just click the .cmd?

Also I clicked off of IE11 in uninstall programs... and downloaded IE 10 (Which said it was already installed)... and I'm still running into the same problem... can anyone help me? I don't have $90 to sidegrade.

edited December 1969

Oh... this is nice:

--------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Support. Poser 8 is not supported on Windows 7. Recent Operating System Updates and changes to IE have made the program so it no longer functions on Windows 7 or later.

You can upgrade to Poser 10 here

http://poser.smithmicro.com/upgrade.html

John Csaky | Customer/Tech Support
    Smith Micro Software, Inc. | Forward Thinking, Delivered Today | www.smithmicro.com

-----------------------------------------

To put it politely, that's baloney:

[size=4]Smith Micro titles for compatibility on Windows 7.

Below is the list of programs for use on Windows 7. Please note that you must be running the latest release of each of these programs:

Anime Studio 6 Debut
    Anime Studio 6 Pro
    Anime Studio 7 Debut
    Anime Studio 7 Pro
    AquaZone Oceans Of The World
    CheckIt Registry Cleaner 2.0.3
    CheckIt Diagnostics 8
    Manga Studio Debut 4
    Manga Studio EX 4
    Personal Photo Manager Deluxe
    Poser Debut
    Poser 8
    Poser Pro 2010
    StuffIt (Deluxe, Standard and Expander) 2010

https://support.smithmicro.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2239

edited December 1969

Thanks for the support, guys... I'm rather unhappy about this.

Okay, so I unchecked IE 11 in the uninstall programs and restarted and we are still no-go. Any other ideas?

Now it's sort of becoming a matter of pride NOT to upgrade... I'm feeling my inner-George-Bush and not wanting to give in to a hostage situation... :)

edited December 1969

Did you try reinstalling Flash for IE? IE 11 has its own Flash plugin...

edited December 1969

Okay... that's quite the operation.... it'll take a while (You have to manually delete files?!?! What kind of uninstaller is this?!?). I'll report back to you and tell you how it went (And then I guess I'll make a tutorial on it for anyone else who is going through this... o.O)

Thank you for helping me! :D

edited December 1969

I believe Windows Update should have set a restore point before this update, so I would restore to that point...

• DiYaniraDiYanira Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Is there a solution for this white libraries problem? I have Windows 7 and I have install both Poser 8 and 9 in my computer always work fine until this happened.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DiYanira said:
    Is there a solution for this white libraries problem? I have Windows 7 and I have install both Poser 8 and 9 in my computer always work fine until this happened.

Smith Micro has a patch for Poser 9; for Poser 8 the only option currently is to block IE11 from installing.

edited December 1969

DiYanira said:

Smith Micro has a patch for Poser 9; for Poser 8 the only option currently is to block IE11 from installing.IE11 is already install how do I uninstall it?

edited December 1969

Hi, when trying to install the patch for Poser 9 it shows this

ScreenHunter_01_Jan._24_23_.10_.jpg
    597 x 485 - 155K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DiYanira said:
    Hi, when trying to install the patch for Poser 9 it shows this

What version of Windows?

Is IE, Poser or anything else open when installing?

Are you running the installer as a regular, limited user or as an administrator?