Genesis Hyper Suit (Out Now)(COMMERICAL)

Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
edited November 2012 in The Commons

Ok as Kevin said the 50% off is for today only so grab it now if you want to save.

This is the next Sci-Fi set from Midnight_stories. The “Genesis Hyper Suit” is a super sleek suit, with boots, gloves, helmet, bio mask and gun. There is thirteen different material presets for the suit and all it's accessories. It has support of eighteen different figure shapes. I've also created Preloaded characters for V4, V5, M4, M5 and Freak4 figure shapes.

The gun comes with ten morphs to help customize to your need, plus several gun presets and hand grips to help with fitting different figures. There's five different character pose sets with the gun, specifically to suit V5 and M4.

A great deal of time has been spent on getting this poser compatible, all DAZ Studio mat presets have been converted into poser materials and not the DSON format. A great advantage of the DSON format is that it allows the poser user to load the character presets the same as from DAZ Studio, so there is full support for all the poses. I have also included a gun prop that has the high resolution mesh, plus fits for V4, V5, M4, M5 and Freak4 genesis morphs. This is a must for any serious Sci-Fi enthusiast.

Title edited to remove %

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Here's a very short demo of the gun morphs. Hope you're enjoying the suit!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MHpVt0Pbkc
    Thanks Midnight

• Porthos1Porthos1 Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

I just bought the genesis hyper suit and installed the dson version for Poser 2012. When I add the gun to the scene I get a message looking for the Hyper-Gun.obj. I was under the impression that the gun was included!

Okay....I found that it was present when the! Preloaded version was used, but not when you try to load the prop seperately!

Post edited by Porthos1 on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I love that it's got a proper boot shape to the feet - gives more of a protected look to it...

...not to mention dead handy for creating a more believable combat scene - kicking in doors, kicking in aliens etc. needs a bit of weight behind the foot, the "sock" shape of many other sci-fi suits look a bit too vulnerable (for my tastes at least)

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Say, what's that creature in the background of the first image in the first post?

Is it a preview of a thing from another world? A preview of things to come? A preview of some wicked thing that will come this way?

edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    Say, what's that creature in the background of the first image in the first post?

Is it a preview of a thing from another world? A preview of things to come? A preview of some wicked thing that will come this way?

Well I have named him Spine-Eater he in the Que for things to finish, I'm trying to match the stonemason Lava and Alpine planet sets, and yes it is based on the Hydralisk.
    AAA-SP.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 440K
    edited December 1969

Here's a short look at the early stages
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IOiREK_lHk

• GhengisFarbGhengisFarb Posts: 173
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:

Well I have named him Spine-Eater he in the Que for things to finish, I'm trying to match the stonemason Lava and Alpine planet sets, and yes it is based on the Hydralisk.
    Reminds me of the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k.
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2013

SmallFry said:

Given that I have the same feelings towards Hydralisks that other people seem to have towards puppy dogs I was very exited about this figure. Now, this thread is pretty old and we haven't heard a lot more about this project, sooooo, if I may inquire,...has it been cancelled? Or is it just taking a while?

Post edited by Barubary on
    edited December 1969

Guys I pulled it in the end due to copyright it was just too close the the games character rather than some big law suit I thought it was better to stay away from it. It was a hard lesson learned !

edited September 2013

Guys I pulled it in the end due to copyright it was just too close the the games character rather than some big law suit I thought it was better to stay away from it. It was a hard lesson learned !

Seriously, it's IDENTICAL to the Tyranids from Warhammer 40k, if they try to sue you, Games Workshop will sue them. There are a MULTITUDE of different companies using a worm with that carapace on it. Heck add two eye stalks that can be made invisible their's doesn't have eye stalks so that's different. :P
    Post edited by GhengisFarb on
    edited September 2013

Tyranids, first introduced by Games Workshop in 1991 (almost a decade before StarCraft). When I saw your model, I was salivating at the thought of USING IT AS a Tyranid. Considering half of Sixus1's line up at RDNA is the spitting image of Games Workshops's Goblin and Orc armies, and how many other people have copied GW's Tyranids.....

11470_md-Carnifex,_Magnet,_Tyranids,_Warhammer_40,000.jpg
    782 x 500 - 66K
    Tyranid_Trygon.jpg
    650 x 760 - 38K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have LOVED the Spine Eater from the First image I ever saw of it. I'm bummed that things stopped the development of the figure.

edited December 1969

Well it did get finished every polygon on it is mine. The only way I would put it up is by going directly to the company. The turbo-squid model I used as reference stopped selling it and it's up there for free now, so someone must have said something for them.

edited September 2013

I know a with other models that were obviously copyrighted, the creators have made them freebies, that way they weren't profiting from them. Maybe you could make an add on with the textures that you could sell and make the model a freebie so you'd still get compensated but be able to share the model.

AND JUST BECAUSE someone might have said something to TurboSquid doesn't mean squat. People sued McDonalds because it made them fat. StarCraft/Blizzard has nothing they can sue you for as they blatantly stole the idea and model with coloring from someone else.

Or maybe sell the various parts so that they can be parented to Genesis and we made some seriously wicked stuff kinda of like the Giegeralien. I was so hoping you'd make a quad to battle against the BEO Quad

ADMISSION: I'm racking my brain do come up with a way to get my hands on that extremely wicked model.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

I kinda figured it was something like that :D And I completely understand your reasons, no way in hell I would risk a lawsuit with Blizzard if I was in your place.

It is a tad depressing though, as GhengisFarb mentioned, that Blizzard on the other hand is getting away so easily, given the massive amount of 'inspiration' they obviously got from GamesWorkshop.