Just lost - can anyone help with Young Teens Justin and Julie

willow-2348339willow-2348339 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am new to poser and have spent countless hours trying to figure out how things work. One problem I just can't figure out is working with young teens 5 Justin and Julie. I also downloaded the Tweens for Justin and Julie. I want Justin to look like the attached picture, the figure on the right but where do I begin? I load the basic Justin and thats as far as I can get. A little help from someone with experience could help soooooo much.

Thank you

Comments

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Are you using Poser or Daz and which version?

• willow-2348339willow-2348339 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have Poser Pro 2012

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Wish I could help more, I'm a Daz user

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Don't have much time to respond (traveling for work and not much time to be on the internet) but check the following:

1) You installed the poser companion files to a runtime location accessible to Poser. I created a separate runtime specically for genesis content.

2) You installed the tweens core files to you My Library (or whereever you installed genesis).

3) Load genesis into you scene (from the character tab)

4) Once genesis is loaded and selected, go to your Pose tab, and find the tweens product. (I don't have poser on this machine, but i imagine is in pose->DAZ Genesis->Characters->male_m3dia->tweens.)

5) Double click on the presets for the head and bodies in their respective directory. This should apply the morphs.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited September 2013

Edit - whoops, misread the question you were asking. Nevermind.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I would ask the creator - here is his thread, just write there:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15132/

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

I don't have Tweens, only the Teens, but there's an easier way than what Male-M3dia suggested.

Open poser and load Justin from Library > Figures > DAZ People > Young Teens 5
    The Tweens, according to the page, come with pz2 files for Poser for both the heads and bodies. Go to your Poser library and find the folder where they're stored and use the injections. I don't know the name of the face/body shown in the promo.

You'll need the PoserCF installed for both Justin and Tweens.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I don't have Tweens, only the Teens, but there's an easier way than what Male-M3dia suggested.

Open poser and load Justin from Library > Figures > DAZ People > Young Teens 5
    The Tweens, according to the page, come with pz2 files for Poser for both the heads and bodies. Go to your Poser library and find the folder where they're stored and use the injections. I don't know the name of the face/body shown in the promo.

You'll need the PoserCF installed for both Justin and Tweens.

This won't work. You need genesis loaded first. The presets i have will set the teens and the tweens preset.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Make certain you have the Genesis Starter Essentials, the Poser Companion Files for that installed as well as the morph packs for Justin and the tweens and their respective Poser Companion files.

If you are using Poser, it is a good idea to have the Genesis files and Poser Companion Files installed to a separate runtime and point the Poser runtime library at it.

Open the Genesis runtime and load Genesis. The more morph packs you have for Genesis the longer it can take to load. Genesis base will load in it's default gray state. Scroll down through the paramters window to locate the Tweens morphs. You probably will need to dial in Justin first and then the tweens. These are all ususally found und Real World morphs.

Applying the Justin texture is done using the mc6 files in the Poser materials room. If you have not had much experience with Poser and the DSON, be aware that when you add clothing and then hit the apply active morph script in the DSON, Poser can slow down to crawl for a long period of time or even suffer the dread "library lock up".

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Well... I noticed in DS that even though you only need one slider for each of the teens, you get better (more realistic) results when you combine them with the basic gender. For instance, I dial Julie to 100% and then Basic Female to 100%. The height and face don't change, but she starts to get more feminine shapes, just like a teenager does. This applies to Justin and Basic Male too, I think.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Just a general observation as I don't have the Teens or Tweens. The Basic Female is quite curvy (a little too curvy IMO for a starting female shape), for a teenage girl character I would think it would best to use at no more than 70%.

• willow-2348339willow-2348339 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think my first problem because of inexperience is knowing how to add texture to a character. My first object is to get the Justin figure to look more natural. There seems to be one Justin .mc6 file in the materials library but it does nothing, unless it is the basic greenish looking texture Justin loads with. I read where the Ashley texture was used in the picture of the tweens so I downloaded it and tried loading the default body.mc6. It doesn't seem to fit right. Probably just something simple I don't know about yet. I figured once I had Justin looking like a natural person I could play around and learn the morphs.

I have Michael 4 and in the materials library is a file called all natural.mc6. That turns the basic Michael into a pretty good looking figure. But getting Justin into someone more natural looking doesn't seem to be working as easy.

Thanks for any suggestions and help