pose preset question

ktg1ktg1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have several pose presets for the Genesis character. When I made them, I chose 'Deselect All Morphs' because I didn't want it to recreate any morphs when I applied a pose. I thought everything was good until I was working with one particular model where I had used several shaping morphs, such as 'Head Propagating Scale', 'Neck Length', 'Arms Length', etc. I then loaded a pose preset and all these settings were at 0. Quite a few others were unchanged (still has 'Basic male' with various tweeks to the head). What I would like is for every morph to remain unchanged by loading a pose. Can anyone explain how to accomplish this? Ideally w/out redoing all my pose presets.

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Good question! God I hope someone gives a good answer! The reason I don't use Pose Presets that much is because I don't undestand how to save or apply them easily without screwing up my figure.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

You should be able to CTRL+double click the pose preset and ignore morphs on import. Is that not working?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

You can, when saving, expand the tree in the bottom part of the option dialogue to add or remove specific settings. I suspect these are marked as transforms, even though they are ERC controls - I do find it a little surprising, after all Symmetry ignores them.

• Vos1327Vos1327 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A related question, I think. I morphed the Genesis character and then tried using the Subtle Poses for M5 to change his pose and all of my morphs were gone. It used to be you would use any pose on any character (with varying results, but usually ok results) Kind of odd that these poses make the figure become M5 as well as just posing the figure.

any way around this?

• edited July 2012

Poses only animate the actual bones, and you should really not mix morphs with poses or animations. It would be better to save a whole new pose preset for just the morphs. Whenever you save a pose preset, you have a number of different options you could save. Some morphs might be good to save, but you can't just choose Select all Morphs cause there are many different kinds and you are going to be selecting morphs that you don't want. You can even just save specific hand and feet poses.

Here is how I do it for most full body animations. I goto save Pose Preset, then I choose Select all Transforms. You also want to uncheck the General box under the first Priorities drop down. That saves the position of the character, which you will not probably want if you are going to drop that pose onto another character in a scene.

pose-presets.jpg
    900 x 957 - 231K
    Post edited by omedhue_196e22b81c on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

A slightly related question. I've created a pose for Genesis where I had to uncheck limits to be able to do that pose. When I save it, and later load that pose to Genesis, I do not get any "respect limits" question and the pose is now to limited by the limits. Anyone has any idea how to make a Genesis pose that "goes beyond limits"?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,197
    edited December 1969

The limits question is only for Poser pz2 files - DS doesn't know what a script is going to do, for DSA etc. presets, so any limit-handling would have to be built in to the code; I'm not sure how .dsf/.duf files are meant to be handled but I'm pretty sure they can change limits if wanted (just not sure that they save the state without hacking).

• edited December 1969

Totte said:
    A slightly related question. I've created a pose for Genesis where I had to uncheck limits to be able to do that pose. When I save it, and later load that pose to Genesis, I do not get any "respect limits" question and the pose is now to limited by the limits. Anyone has any idea how to make a Genesis pose that "goes beyond limits"?

The pose preset will save outside the limits. The problem is that when you load a default Genesis, it has limits on. The only way that I know of to reliably turn off limits is to Expand all of the character, then Select All, then goto Edit/Figure/Limits/Limits Off. Then, I will save the character as a daz scene, all by itself. This way, the next time I load that character, I know the limits are off.
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

medhue said:

The pose preset will save outside the limits. The problem is that when you load a default Genesis, it has limits on. The only way that I know of to reliably turn off limits is to Expand all of the character, then Select All, then goto Edit/Figure/Limits/Limits Off. Then, I will save the character as a daz scene, all by itself. This way, the next time I load that character, I know the limits are off.

OK, I'll have to look in the .duf file if I can find something useful ;-)
  • ktg1ktg1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am able to do Ctrl + double-click, which brings up a dialog. I uncheck the morphs checkbox and click Accept. It then applies the pose without changing the other settings, which is what I want. Thanks adamr001 and others who responded. I think I have what I need.