Sleazy Sales Tactics?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I got the notice today about replacing the monthly PC voucher with a one-time only coupon, and that coupled with the new website not listing sale expiration dates really makes me feel like I’m being pressured into buying items based on uncertainty instead of desirability. I’ve always appreciated the way Daz has been upfront with its customers, but this just feels sleazy and manipulative.

I hate to be that guy, but between this, the broken website, and the fact that after over a year, the flagship figure, Genesis, is still not fully compatible with Carrara (or anything else besides Studio), I am really about at my limit with what increasingly seems like Daz’s complete incompetence to run a business. At this point, I don’t see any reason to continue my PC membership once it expires, nor do I even really want to buy anything else at the moment.

Comments

• edited December 1969

I hate to seem like I'm complaining for the sake of complaining, so I'll give you an example.

Today I was planning on buying "Racers and Chasers IHB" because it seems like something that might be useful, and the sales price is decent. However, I have no idea when the sale is going to expire, and now, I don't want to use my one-time coupon because I'll end up losing almost as much as I save, so now, I'm just not going to buy the item. And given that I don't really have much interest in Genesis since I can't use it with Carrara, and that's what most new items are, I'm probably not going to buy anything this month, so the coupon will likely just go to waste.

Oh well, PC Club, we had a seven year run, I guess that's good enough...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

It does not look like the racers and chasers is a daz original item. though the Interceptor Hover Bike is a pc item.

• edited July 2012

That's right. The coupon is no longer good for 50% off of PA items the way the voucher used to be, nor is it apparently usable on new releases anymore.

Post edited by qamarnahaar_1b53ce6a34 on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

That's right. The coupon is no longer good for 50% off of PA items the way the voucher used to be, nor is it apparently usable on new releases anymore.

Yes. Sad, but true.
    I guess you've been gone awhile.
    Discount on PA items is what I actually used my coupons for!

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

You can use the coupon on new releases.

Coldrake

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Maybe someone should tell Daz that. Their email says you can't.

• edited December 1969

tsarist said:

Yes. Sad, but true.
    I guess you've been gone awhile.
    Discount on PA items is what I actually used my coupons for!

I've been around, I just have been buying much of anything because most new products lately are geared towards Genesis which still isn't fully comparable with Carrara, so I hadn't even noticed the PA discount was gone.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

The coupon information was a repeat of the text from the first email, with the June coupon code.DAZ is aware that it is in error, hopefully it will be updated for next month.

• edited December 1969

The coupon information was a repeat of the text from the first email, with the June coupon code.DAZ is aware that it is in error, hopefully it will be updated for next month.

You know, I didn't even realize the coupon had started in June. When I made an order (a PA item) and the voucher didn't show up, I just assumed I'd already used it. Between avoiding the website because it's such a mess, and then skimming past all the Genesis items I still can't use with Carrara, I guess I have been away for a while!