Let's Compile all the issues we have with the store/forums into one post.

Voodoo128Voodoo128 Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in The Commons

Yes, I know there is a sticky from DAZ, but it's not inclusive of all the issue, and doesn't acknowledge many of the issue customers are reporting. If we can get everyone to post any issues you have with the store and forum below, we can compile this into a master list by the community. Sure, it will get lost int he forum eventually.... (Updating a thread does not bump a post), but at least we can hope that a moderator will sticky the darn thing.

I'll start, and add to the items below as people post.

Store Issues:

1) Search is still broken, searching for a particular item or vendor, brings up no results, even though the search box sometimes auto completes the search term you are typing such as a product name. On a side note, the store humorously displays absurd results in the suggestion field when it fails to return results.

2) Searching by published artist is a hit or miss. Sometimes it returns results, sometimes it returns mixed results, sometimes it returns no results at all.

3) Cookie issue with the store. Sometimes the store leaves all the items you just purchased back in the shopping cart after you pay for them resulting in a frustrating time trying to delete items manually. This issue persists across different computers.

4) The My Cart Shortcut on the top does not always function correctly when deleting items, you would click remove item and the screen refreshes with the same amount of items in the cart you had prior to deleting.

5) When placing an item in the cart, the store does not check your purchase history leading to a very frustrating shopping experience especially if you own a lot of DAZ items and can't keep track of all your products.

6) Itemized order history is a nightmare to go through. Everything is in alphabetical order with no way to search through your purchase history without resorting to manual excel spreadsheet creation or other manual and cumbersome tasks. Workarounds are not acceptable and very frustrating to work with.

7) Links sent out in newsletters are often broken or just lead back to the DAZ main page resulting in a frustrating shopping experience. Sales being advertised on the site are so hard to find, that people simply give up because of the broken search.

8) My Downloadable Products is a mess with all the PC and MAC products mixed together with no easy way to isolate by platform.

9) Fast Grabs is advertised as updating daily. This is not the case, fast grab on some occasions does not update for a few days at a time.

10) The multi-tab approach for each item in the store is frustrating to use. You can't get all the information you want about a product on the screen at once without clicking through different tabs. I hear there is a chrome extension developed by another frustrated user as a work around, but I cannot locate it and it's not a solution since people use different browsers.

11) People are reporting issues with renewing Platinum Club subscriptions.

Forum issues:

1) The absolute most frustrating part of the new forum is that new posts to a thread does not bump the thread up making threads hard to find and discouraging people from using the forums.

2) The search functionality of the forum is a step backwards compared to the old forums.

3) Too many unnecessary stickies in the forum.

I know DAZ is busy working on the store issue, it's been a very frustrating experience for all the users as well. Hopefully DAZ can address these issues sooner rather than later because the store is currently not functional, it's a crap shoot in the dark trying to purchase items and the new store was simply not ready for prime time. With all that said, I am certain most complaints will get addressed in time, hopefully not DAZ soon though.

Post edited by Voodoo128 on

Comments

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Well the biggest, most frustrating issue I have is the lack of product information on the product page. Specifically how many files are supposed to be present and the total file size for those files.This is an essential tool for customers who've owned products for some time and are perhaps in the process of rebuilding their runtime and wanting to make sure they're installing the latest version of an item before installing it. Daz used to send out email notifications of updates and/or updated products would just appear in someone's downloads if they previously bought an item but that was stopped in favor of a sub forum just for updated products which was actually more preferable then the email notifications except not all updates would make thier way there. Unfortunately since the change over that too is gone. I've mentioned this several times in several threads and so have others and yet I've not seen anyone from Daz acknowledge this is a problem or an intentional change. I could get by without email notifications or an updated products sub forum with just the file info on the product page except that with the itemized history being the way it currently is that would be frustratingly difficult since I've bougt thousands of items over the past 10 years making my itemized history hundreds of pages long. could handle the history being broken into multiple pages if we could have several sort options like we had with the old itemized history. I got to say that given the way this has/is being handled it really makes a long time customer feel like once Daz has your money the feel little obligation in supporting their customers needs. I mean if all products from Daz were never released with bugs and there was never a need for older items to be updated then none of this would matter. Unfortunately though that has never been the case with Daz and products get updated all the time to fix issues or to keep them working with changes in 3D art technology.

• edited December 1969

When placing an order for a free item, one shouldnt have to wait 24 hours for "authorization".

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

The "You may also like" banner needs to be below the product info, not above it.

When you add an item to your cart a banner appears on the page letting you know it was added. It would be nice if it did the same thing when adding an item to the wish list rather than paging to the wishlist.

We need the ability to search by the SKU #.

There are many more that I can't think of right now, but I'm sure it will come to mind after I post this as always.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Store

...sale items need the ending date listed
    ...there needs to be a default setting that displays all products in the store like the old site did.
    ...filters in the store still returning the "There are no products matching the selection." error.
    ...file sizes need to be displayed on product and downloads pages.

Forums

...links in posts need to open in a new tab or window if one's browser is set to do so.
    ...sometimes when a timeout occurs, clicking the login link takes you to the My Account instead of Customer Login page. This effectively causes you to loose your place in a thread which can be very frustrating if you were in the middle of a long multipage thread or reading a topic that has been on the forums for a while.
    ...reminder EBots are still breaking which, given the fact that topics do not sort by newest post, makes for a very frustrating experience especially with very active threads.

• edited July 2012

Neither the store nor the forums recognizes Me as My account name and the store will not let me log in. My name should be Dallas47m and Im a PC Member but do not even get recognized by the store as such as it wont let Me log in. Worked fine 2 days ago when I made My last purchase so they had to break it today... Ive been a member here for a long long time and am not a new member......

Post edited by dallas49m_e8334b99e9 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

Are you getting any type of error associated with the not being able to log in?

• edited July 2012

No, it just keeps saying log in at the top instead of My account and doesnt show My wish list. Also My account does not use My user name as it did before. Ive lost all My posts in the forums and am showing as a new member when I had over 800 posts and have been a member here for a very long time. My sign in hasnt change, it still uses the same email I have always used and My password still is correct. I did get My pc coupon today, so I know thats still going to the same place.

Post edited by dallas49m_e8334b99e9 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,342
    edited December 1969

My login on the store doesn't show my name. When they switched to the new forum everybody's post count went to 0. Your probably gonna have to contact support to get it worked out.

• joanmbjoanmb Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

It's also showing me as a "new member" though it's using my original login, and only 2 posts. I haven't been very active, mostly a lurker/learner, but I did have some posts from the old forum.

And when I accessed my wishlist last night there were only a couple items left on it, so I've been having to relocate and add them in which is difficult when the search stopped responding to searches by published artist...

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

Today, the wishlist seems to broken. If I click on a Wishlist link (or try to add something to my Wishlist), it sits and spins for a while, and then I get a generic Magento error.

My wishlist is a little, uh, large, so I'm guessing that this may be a timeout error. I had this problem when the new store was first rolled out, but then it went away and I could access my wishlist (although it was painfully slow). I suspect someone may have set a timeout parameter back to its default value.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Getting back to the original topic, this was posted in another thread, but bears mentioning here. In the store, sorting by price is almost useless. There are generally a large number of items all the same price, which is OK. The problem is, when you sort by price and then page through the listings, the same items keep popping up on multiple pages. Perhaps the sort by price does not have a secondary sort field built in, and the sort gets re-run each time you go to a new page. A random assortment of items at the same price does not make shopping easy.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Recently purchased some DAZ items. Many of them turned out to be in ZIP file format. That wasn't a problem in itself: the problem was that, when I tried downloading those items that were in this format, I always couldn't and always got an error message. (The items that came ready for installation, on the other hand, mostly didn't present any downloading problem.)

• edited December 1969

Getting back to the original topic, this was posted in another thread, but bears mentioning here. In the store, sorting by price is almost useless. There are generally a large number of items all the same price, which is OK. The problem is, when you sort by price and then page through the listings, the same items keep popping up on multiple pages. Perhaps the sort by price does not have a secondary sort field built in, and the sort gets re-run each time you go to a new page. A random assortment of items at the same price does not make shopping easy.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person that's happening to...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Recently purchased some DAZ items. Many of them turned out to be in ZIP file format. That wasn't a problem in itself: the problem was that, when I tried downloading those items that were in this format, I always couldn't and always got an error message. (The items that came ready for installation, on the other hand, mostly didn't present any downloading problem.)

What browser were you using? Can you try with a different browser?

edited December 1969

The browser I use is Internet Explorer 8.

Tried another browser, by the way. Same problem.

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    The browser I use is Internet Explorer 8.

Tried another browser, by the way. Same problem.

So none of the items even started downloading? Was there an error message? If you reset one of the items in Itemized Order History, does it download?

edited December 1969

Whenever I try downloading an item that's in ZIP file format, a box appears as shown below:

ErMsg01.jpg
    419 x 267 - 54K
    edited July 2012

I then wait for the downloading to proceed, but after a few minutes the box shown below always appears.

I went to my Itemized Order History, reset a couple of the items and then tried downloading again. Same thing.

ErMsg02.jpg
    756 x 126 - 56K
    Post edited by K T Ong on
    edited December 1969

Does the same thing happen with a different browser, or only IE?

edited December 1969

Yup, it happened with a different browser, too!

I use Windows XP, by the way. Would that have anything to do with it? (But then in the past this sort of thing never happened...)

• KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Some observations from having worked in the business for too many years. First, never release a package until it actually works. This makes any transition significantly smoother. Second, never, ever under any circumstances take away features that the users (customers, in this case) use without offering something as good if not better in return. Third, the store & forums aren't for corporate's convenience & use but for the customers' convenience and use. The old system was creaky? Retain the user interface and build a new one around it, don't discard positive features for the convenience of programmers et al who don't actually have to deal with the system the way the customers do. If the programming staff doesn't like it they need a new programming staff.
    ---
    Let's see ... what positive features ...
    1.) The ability to sort the wishlist and detailed order history on any of several columns.
    2.) The ability to download the detailed order history as a single entity for record keeping purposes. (Actually, twice using two different sort orders.)
    3.) PC automatic vouchers. Whose bright idea was changing that?
    4.) Data base being able to keep track of similarly priced items when paging through store. For example, I want to see all the $1.99 items, not the same ones over and over again as it is now.
    5.) Sale ending dates shown. Are they not posted now because DAZ doesn't want us to know? It's like a game or something? Are there prizes for guessing right?
    6.) The ability to filter out Mac files for PC users or PC files for Mac users. I'm a PC users. Why do I care about Mac files?
    7.) Available downloads cleared in a timely fashion with the date the items would become unavailable shown. Now it's random and the presentation is messy.
    8.) Store invoices with links to the items included. That was a valuable feature that allowed going back to check details on various products as was needed fairly often.
    9.) Remaining logged in forever (ie, "remember me.") Rendo can do it for months on end as can RDNA and CP. Even ShareCG can do it. It used to happen here but now the site forgets all too easily that I'm logged in and doing things.
    ---
    That should do ti for now. There are others I'm sure especially on the forum side but this is a good start.

Is this the fun part or does it get better?