Can anbody tell me the file size for the Sports Balls product?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited May 2012 in The Commons

I can't be sure it's downloading right. It's not doing anything when I go to install either file. I've tried twice but it downloads at the same size each time.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sport-balls

Post edited by WillowRaven on

Comments

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

According to the desciption, these are for Bryce. Are you trying a DAZ Studio or Poser install?

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Honestly, I didn't read the description, only the second tab 'additional information':

Compatible 3D Software DAZ Studio, Poser, Bryce

I guess I'll be requesting a refund if it's only for Bryce. I have Bryce, but don't know how to use it or save files to it.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

I did actually go through the entire Bryce catalogue, and take note of all the Bryce files that are wrongly catgorised as working in other apps.

I think the problem arose because whoever was doing the categorisation didn.t understadn the difference between OBP and OBJ

I shall flag this up again.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

The immediate problem is that' it's an older installer and those are getting some extra bits they don't need tacked on the end so they don't run. DAZ is aware of this issue.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited May 2012

Raises hand!! Hey..I know these are for Poser and Studio..I purchased these on the 17th and my downloader would not work either..they downloaded fine but when I hit run nothing happened. After contacting Daz serveral times about it someone from Daz sent me a link that contained a zip file with the item. I unzipped the file fine but had to manually place the folders where they go. So yeah..you need to ask Daz to send you the zip file because the installer is old and wont work as Richard mentioned. But the files DO work with Poser because that is what I am using them in.

Post edited by digitell on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

OK, so I DON'T need a refund, I just need to call DAZ on Monday (I wish they had weekend hours :( I've already lost several days on this project trying to get my downloads to install) and ask for the zip files since I can't get them to install.

edited December 1969

AidanaWillowRaven..I sent you a PM..it seems that the PM area does not show you have a PM waiting because when I have PM it shows 0.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Raises hand!! Hey..I know these are for Poser and Studio..I purchased these on the 17th and my downloader would not work either..they downloaded fine but when I hit run nothing happened. After contacting Daz serveral times about it someone from Daz sent me a link that contained a zip file with the item. I unzipped the file fine but had to manually place the folders where they go. So yeah..you need to ask Daz to send you the zip file because the installer is old and wont work as Richard mentioned. But it DOES work with Poser because that is what I am using them in.

Are you sure you can use them in poser, because this is a very old product, made by a Brycer, and he does say that they are object presets which is what OBP stands for.?

edited May 2012

Absolutely sure. They are obj files and work in Poser.

SB-2.jpg
    800 x 461 - 38K
    Post edited by digitell on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/FreeStuff/Textures/TexturePages/BallMaps.html
    posted this in freepositry because I lost your thread in the forum after finding it!
    a quick solution in the meantime, not meant to compete with the product, just something I found online.