Sugar and Spice for Genesis 1 and 2 Now available!!! [Commercial]

Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Sugar and Spice... but they don't have to be nice.

Included are seven custom teen head morphs that were re-sculpted in ZBrush for Genesis 2 Female, then one custom body shape and two additive morphs to make the teen larger or thinner. The morphs can be used as is, or combined with other morphs.

These morphs require no additional purchases and are a great starting point for those wanting to try out Genesis 2 Female or wanting to add teen shapes to the Genesis 2 Female or Genesis 1 genepool.

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

Wow! amazing work! =-)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

These look great!
    Could you possibly tell me what are the skin textures used in the promos, especially the freckly one? Thanks.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    These look great!
    Could you possibly tell me what are the skin textures used in the promos, especially the freckly one? Thanks.

Most of the textures come from my store: Rayne, Eri, Abigail. I also threw in the texture that came with V5. The freckled one is from my old Rendo store, that's not available at this time, Ginny. I may look to have it remade in the future, though Abigail is fairly similar to it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I'll take a look at those since you're on sale today! I'm certainly going to get the Sugar and Spice bundle - I've almost lost track of all the morphs I've got for Genesis "1" (many of them yours I might add!) but I'm keen to add to the G2F genepool and at such a small premium the bundle seems the obvious one to go for.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Oh no! I bought it largely on the adorable factor of the characters, but I had a conscious/unconscious disconnect on the skins. I was aware that it came without textures, but somehow I still was looking forward to rendering the freckled one, presumably Ginny. (Love the name!) Probably just sleepy, since I did it late last night.

Silly me, and I'm not regretting the purchase as I'm sure I have skins that'll work well, but it'd definitely be awesome if you can retool the Ginny character and/or textures and release that.

-- Morgan

edited September 2013

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Oh no! I bought it largely on the adorable factor of the characters, but I had a conscious/unconscious disconnect on the skins. I was aware that it came without textures, but somehow I still was looking forward to rendering the freckled one, presumably Ginny. (Love the name!) Probably just sleepy, since I did it late last night.

Silly me, and I'm not regretting the purchase as I'm sure I have skins that'll work well, but it'd definitely be awesome if you can retool the Ginny character and/or textures and release that.

-- Morgan

Actually if I'm remembering correctly (been two years), Abigail is Genny redone for the store... however we had to tone down the freckles because DAZ thought it was a bit much on an older character so we had to walk a fine line on the texture.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Thank you, your usual superb work.

edited December 1969

Greetings,

Cypherfox said:

-- Morgan

Actually if I'm remembering correctly (been two years), Abigail is Genny redone for the store... however we had to tone down the freckles because DAZ thought it was a bit much on an older character so we had to walk a fine line on the texture.I managed to dig up one promo pic from the old 'rosity listing (there's a whole 'nother Ginny for V4 up there now!), and compare. Abigail's eyebrows are much darker/defined, and the freckles are definitely heavier on Ginny. (It's like her color leached away from her freckles and landed in her eyebrows. :) ) Nonetheless, I'll probably pick up Abigail somewhere through here, as a counterpart to Braxton, whom I also need to pick up.

So many things to get...so little time to actually build scenes with them. :) Maybe if my typical renders didn't take 56 hours to complete...

Thanks muchly!

-- Morgan

• oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

Hello

I suppose genesis 1 materials as Abigail can't work wight genesis 2 ?

I'm still a beginner.

edited December 1969

lainsd said:
    Hello

I'm still a beginner.

You would need the V4 shape for genesis 2:

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Abigail's materials are in duf format, so they will apply once you get the V4 shape installed.

• oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

lainsd said:
    Hello

I'm still a beginner.

You would need the V4 shape for genesis 2:

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

Abigail's materials are in duf format, so they will apply once you get the V4 shape installed.

thanks a lot for your quick answer, it's all I needed to know.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

Love these! They are in my runtime now ^^ Thanks for your great work!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

As with your other products, these morphs are top-notch. I'm glad you made them for both Genesis & G2F, so I picked up the bundle. I've got a render partially done, but I have to leave for work, so I'll post something when I get home.

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Yes, Abigail works fine with the Sugar and Spice G2F morphs, if you have the V4 for G2F add-on (although I didn't realize I was using it, it just worked). I've got a scene I'm working on to cleanse my mind of dark things that I've rendered lately, and I'm totally using Tracy from S&S with Abigail as the base character. The preview view looks adorable, but my actual lighting is off so her smile looks more creepy than happy after the render...ah well, if there weren't things to fix, it wouldn't be creative work. :)

I'm enjoying the set, and I'm looking forward to seeing if Zev0's Skin Overlay for freckles adds ones that'll work with Abigail's existing somewhat faded ones.

-- Morgan

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Actually if I'm remembering correctly (been two years), Abigail is Genny redone for the store... however we had to tone down the freckles because DAZ thought it was a bit much on an older character so we had to walk a fine line on the texture.
    ...Ginny's more heavily freckled skin map is exactly what I need for a couple of my G2F teen and kid characters.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 1969

I'll do a render later on and share it with you.
    Having a soft spot for the cute ginger!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    Cypherfox said:

...Ginny's more heavily freckled skin map is exactly what I need for a couple of my G2F teen and kid characters.
    Ditto'ng this -- I'd love to have that texture for G1 and G2 kids. Happy as I am to have Sugar and Spice (especially for both G1 & G2, thanks!), it was disappointing to learn that the most eye-catching of the promo textures wasn't available anywhere.
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    As with your other products, these morphs are top-notch. I'm glad you made them for both Genesis & G2F, so I picked up the bundle. I've got a render partially done, but I have to leave for work, so I'll post something when I get home.

Ok, here's a render with the Aisha face. I used the Rayne skin texture (I really like this texture), and threw a few miscellaneous items behind her so I didn't have a blank blue background.

Aisha_Test_001.jpg
    1517 x 1517 - 2M
    edited September 2013

Cute :-)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on