It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
edited September 2012 in New Users

So, the end came, the end went, the beginning came and I sort of slept through it!

Is the new beginning the glorious website rebirth that we were promised? I don't know, I'm grumpy because they've somehow made the forum brighter than before, and it was already bright! Never mind.

Where is Fast-Grab? It's where I spent most of my money, and it made sure I visited the website several times a day to see if it had changed. During those times I would surf the offers and products and often buy things that weren't on the fast-grab.

To be honest I haven't finished either of the renders I was working on, but I do still tinker. Been playing World of Warcraft for a while, can't believe I went back to that but I am enjoying it.

I am learning about lighting. But I'm learning it on my own, by trial and error (which will make the hairs on Waldemar's neck stand up on end) so that I can say "Oh yes, that works" and "Oh God, did I do that?" and put those to good effect.

So what did you guys do at the end of the world?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I played Homeworld 1 over again. Tinkered on a render or two but I really just goofed off trying to get old games to run on the new PC. Have you ever installed a Win 95 game on a Win7 PC? You get some weird results.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I did play Frontier a bit, a while ago, but that was on Win XP and I had to run a slower-downer-thingo or I wouldn't be able to play it.

Waiting for Diablo 3 to arrive! *bounce*

edited December 1969

Now thats an old one. Frontier was great in it's day.
    P.S. I hate you a little bit now. My newest game is almost a year old, but then I am hard to please.

I'm in need of a new 3D space combat game so BAD.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Diablo 3 is definitely on my must have list for 2012. I do hope that it surpasses all expectation and lives up to the standard that was Diablo 1 & 2. :coolgrin:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeehah, our Barry has ermaerged from whatever cocoon he was hibernating in. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

Yep, my man is back. Harry is here and Jacob is still darting around. What about Andy? Did I miss him? Anne is good and Wendy also, but I think a few of the BBSFFC is still not accounted for.

!Avatar_04.jpg
    100 x 100 - 9K
    edited December 1969

Andy is around and about, doing what Andy does best. I have seen him.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

yes, depressed I cannot download my Supersuit pro bundle, reckon it will work well in iClone even if I cannot do facial animation was planning on just converting the empty suit and sticking invisible body iClone heads attached to it.
    will try again at the crack of dawn when my 3G broadband better.

edited December 1969

Urgh, had a bad hypo in the middle of a supermarket! Will feel crappy for a couple of days now. Oh well.

So anyway, what's up with the fast grab? Is it coming back?

edited December 1969

Urgh, had a bad hypo in the middle of a supermarket! Will feel crappy for a couple of days now. Oh well.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if the web guys can work out a way to incoporate it into the Software package they are now using. It was one of Daz3D's "homemade" coding options that had been added to the old store.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Maybe, maybe not. Depends if the web guys can work out a way to incoporate it into the Software package they are now using. It was one of Daz3D's "homemade" coding options that had been added to the old store.
    Fabulous. Everything's so expensive now, the forum is ugly, potentially no more fast-grab and there are a massive NINE platinum club items.

Forgive my whining, but when the hype says something's improving and things get worse I get grumpy.

edited December 1969

Theres lots more than just 9 Plat club items, Honest there is. ANd there are a few $1 items as well.

edited December 1969

Went past the shop after work and picked up Diablo 3. Haven't started playing yet though. Good thing it's weekend. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Went past the shop after work and picked up Diablo 3. Haven't started playing yet though. Good thing it's weekend. :cheese:

Mine hasn't arrived yet, will probably be here soon. There are things I already don't like about it but I forgive it just for being called Diablo!
    edited December 1969

I played a bit last night and I have mixed feelings about this game. It looks good visually, it's the same hack & slash monster killing fun it always was and it has some amazing cinematic scenes. It's Diablo all right.

My biggest issue is with the fact that it requires an internet connection every step of the way. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they did it this way as it is the only way to make the auction house work without cheating. And it's a good way to keep content fresh and all that. It's great really. If you live in a first world country where the internet is super fast and cheap. I lagged in a single player game folks. That's absurd. But it's a personal gripe and I'm hoping the lagging was just temporary. Still, what happens when they do maintenance on those servers? Then it's no Diablo.

But apart from the negative effect I do believe the real money auction house system will add a whole new addiction to mindless monster killing. Everyone will be hunting for that rare one in a million item that's going to make him a fortune. They've turned it into a virtual fortune hunting game. It's crazy but it might just work! :lol:

edited December 1969

I played a bit last night and I have mixed feelings about this game. It looks good visually, it's the same hack & slash monster killing fun it always was and it has some amazing cinematic scenes. It's Diablo all right.

My biggest issue is with the fact that it requires an internet connection every step of the way. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they did it this way as it is the only way to make the auction house work without cheating. And it's a good way to keep content fresh and all that. It's great really. If you live in a first world country where the internet is super fast and cheap. I lagged in a single player game folks. That's absurd. But it's a personal gripe and I'm hoping the lagging was just temporary. Still, what happens when they do maintenance on those servers? Then it's no Diablo.

But apart from the negative effect I do believe the real money auction house system will add a whole new addiction to mindless monster killing. Everyone will be hunting for that rare one in a million item that's going to make him a fortune. They've turned it into a virtual fortune hunting game. It's crazy but it might just work! :lol:

The real-money auction house is one of the reasons I am worried. Sure, I'd like to find the Sword Of Whonking Great Pain but there are people out there that will be finding seven every time I find one, so the chances of me making anything out of it is slim at best. But I don't really care about that so much. The other reason I didn't like it is the same as you, the persistent internet connection.

But it's Diablo 3 and it has to be tried, even if it's costing me more than I can afford and will irritate the pants of me, it's got to be tried!

edited December 1969

Yeah and the worst part is now you have to worry that some kid will hack into your account and steal your Sword Of Whonking Great Pain. Reminds me of WoW. Which mean I'll be downloading the authenticator app for my cellphone to stop sneaky thieves from hacking mah stuffs. I got hacked in WoW twice. It was not cool. >:-(

I played some more today and I will admit the game does grow on you. No lag this morning after I restarted my PC and killed some background services that uses network resources. I'm also slowly getting over my annoyance at the fixed camera angle. You'd think in this day and age being able to rotate the camera would be a standard function but not in Diablo world apparently. Yes I know you couldn't rotate the camera in Diablo 2 either but that was 2.5D and 10 years ago. They could have modernised it a bit. But yeah, being a fan of the franchise does make it a bit more tolerable.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I started this when Wendy and I were thinking of holding M5 hostage until the forums were back up. I chopped off Mike's left foot to show them we meant business. Why is this big skin flap left and what do I do with it?

at_MikeRansom1b_feet.jpg
    383 x 383 - 25K
    edited December 1969

is he an obj hacked in Hex or a transmapped figure?
    if the latter
    stick a flattened sphere primitive in the hole with a cylinder sticking out, texture the cylinder like a bone with bump and add a marrow ring in the middle using the uv map as a guide, use a meat texture with bump and some displacement on the sphere (photograph your uncooked dinner) Fisty's liquids if you can find the link on the old forum might make a good blood pool.
    I was just going to mail them the unneeded geografted bit!
    (bought pro bundle for the clothes!!!)

edited December 1969

Didn't take him to Hex. May be transmapped, but I don't know what that is. I'll play with your suggestions and see what I get. I could just take it to PSP and slap a bandaid over it, I guess.

edited December 1969

Like Wendy said Anne what you see is a hole where the foot was. Plug the hole with something and texture it. Not hard to do with a shader and the built in primatives.

edited December 1969

I see. Nobody is home today. Insert chirpping crickets here.

edited December 1969

I've been in the yard pulling weeds all day. Time for a cup of coffee, shower, food, and computer.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,751
    edited December 1969

So, the end came, the end went, the beginning came and I sort of slept through it!

So what did you guys do at the end of the world?

;-)

some can be so lucky :-)

dazz_offline.jpg
    566 x 800 - 144K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

half the time I cannot even find the thread unless I click on my name and find all posts.
    there are many posts I never see replies to!
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    cat_and_cricket.jpg
    500 x 376 - 50K
    edited May 2012

Jaderail said:

half the time I cannot even find the thread unless I click on my name and find all posts.
    there are many posts I never see replies to!

Does your Subscription Manager help narrow the threads down?

Edit to add: What does permalink to this post do? Did we have this before?

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    Post edited by atticanne on
    edited May 2012

I miss a lot of posts too, new posts not the same as posts since last visit.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

SEE!! It's so quite in here we have echo's.

edited December 1969

echo this

superjaz.gif
    353 x 500 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.